Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of a girl Issue. Need the advice of the fine folk of NSC for a "Friend"

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What were you like at 18? How similar was that to you at 25? And now at nearly 30?

People are still developing and growing at that age and I don't think it's worth the risk for a bit of fun. Sure she's an adult legally but I imagine she still has a fair bit of growing up to do.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, and I'm not saying that would be a massive disaster if it didn't pan out. But think about her/your emotional maturity and the ramifications this might have between the girl and her mother.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Sorry, I must have misread you. What did you mean, then? Thanks.

Well considering her age. There's always the chance It could hit her harder than say a older woman so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

What were you like at 18? How similar was that to you at 25? And now at nearly 30?

People are still developing and growing at that age and I don't think it's worth the risk for a bit of fun. Sure she's an adult legally but I imagine she still has a fair bit of growing up to do.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, and I'm not saying that would be a massive disaster if it didn't pan out. But think about her/your emotional maturity and the ramifications this might have between the girl and her mother.

I agree completely with what you put.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sounds f***ing creepy to me. Youv'e said you have known the family for years which means you've known this girl since she was a little kid in pig tails. Yuk!

Just knock one out over her if you must but leave it at that.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That fact your "friend" has thought it through surely means you've already considered it before being confronted with the "I've got feelings for you"?

If your "friend" doesn't give it a go he will ALWAYS ask himself what if, and it will resurface in years to come.

I'm 42 and mrs is 28 btw ;)

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Sounds f***ing creepy to me. Youv'e said you have known the family for years which means you've known this girl since she was a little kid in pig tails. Yuk!

Just knock one out over her if you must but leave it at that.

Not that long. Wouldn't go down that route If that was the case. Not some sick twisted pervert.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If it's any consolation, one of my flatmates is 19 and her boyfriend is 30.
After the initial "He's HOW old?", no one cares about the age gap anymore. These types of relationships happen. As long as the parents like you there shouldn't be too many problems.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
do you think its possible that you ..........sorry your friend has been groomed by the family?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If she's got feelings for your 'friend', get him out and let her have a play.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not that long. Wouldn't go down that route If that was the case. Not some sick twisted pervert.

Fair enough, but personally I'd feel a dick if I decided to go out with a teenage girl, one night stand would be acceptable but hanging out with an 18 year old in a serious relationship would eventually do my head in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would be more concerned about the emotional capacity of the girl. Sounds like a school girl crush to me - the sort of crush that will disappear as soon as she meets someone her own age that takes an interest in her.
That's why he has to act fast.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just get stuck in and stop worrying - it'll either work out or it won't, either way if you just put the emphasis on enjoying each other's company and enjoy the ride what's the worst that can happen?

Don't get too serious or deep too quickly though, that will kill it stone dead.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I need to head out for abit. Would still like to hear your views and advice on the matter at hand.
To be honest, you've already had all the sensible advice you need. If you just think she's hot and you'd like to have a go, either walk away or pile in whilst accepting that you're a shit and everyone will know you're a shit (ie, family). If you enjoy her company and can imagine dating together properly, then why not.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just get stuck in and stop worrying - it'll either work out or it won't, either way if you just put the emphasis on enjoying each other's company and enjoy the ride what's the worst that can happen?

Don't get too serious or deep too quickly though, that will kill it stone dead.

you have to go deep, real deep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here