Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of a girl Issue. Need the advice of the fine folk of NSC for a "Friend"

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I would be more concerned about the emotional capacity of the girl. Sounds like a school girl crush to me - the sort of crush that will disappear as soon as she meets someone her own age that takes an interest in her.

This has crossed "His" mind too. Maybe I should tell "him" to sit back for abit.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Go for it I say. Start by working on the mother. How much you care about her daughter and want to take things slowly etc. Spend some time round their house and over a few months you can work on convincing her that the age gap isn't important and that you and her daughter are suited. Think about the sort of things she likes and pretend you like them too etc. After a few months you can start slowly drawing her away from the clutches of her mother. Start making snide little comments like "I wwonder if you'll be as beautiful as your mother at 40". Comment on her hair. "Is that a new hairstyle?" "What's that mark on your face?" Things like that.Once you're shacked up together she'll be an emotional wreck and won't want to leave even if she could. And her Mum will still think you're brilliant. Can't promise anything but all I can say is that it worked for "a friend".

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Go for it I say. Start by working on the mother. How much you care about her daughter and want to take things slowly etc. Spend some time round their house and over a few months you can work on convincing her that the age gap isn't important and that you and her daughter are suited. Think about the sort of things she likes and pretend you like them too etc. After a few months you can start slowly drawing her away from the clutches of her mother. Start making snide little comments like "I wwonder if you'll be as beautiful as your mother at 40". Comment on her hair. "Is that a new hairstyle?" "What's that mark on your face?" Things like that.Once you're shacked up together she'll be an emotional wreck and won't want to leave even if she could. And her Mum will still think you're brilliant. Can't promise anything but all I can say is that it worked for "a friend".
:lol:

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym

:lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Half your age plus 7 is the general rule of thumb for what tends to work with age gaps. So by this she is about 3 years too young. You can probably put this down to a teenage crush and she will likely end up falling for someone closer to her age soon enough.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This has crossed "His" mind too. Maybe I should tell "him" to sit back for abit.

Probably a wise move.

You(r friend) needs to decide how he feels about her. I would suspect that she has yet to meet someone her own age who respects her, so any relationship that may form out of this must be based on respect:

If he thinks that he can have a serious relationship with her at some point, then take things very slowly and reassess the situation in a few months time.
If he does not, he should tell her now.
If he just wants to give her one, then he should back off completely if he wants to have any future relationship with her and the family.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Half your age plus 7 is the general rule of thumb for what tends to work with age gaps. So by this she is about 3 years too young. You can probably put this down to a teenage crush and she will likely end up falling for someone closer to her age soon enough.

Yea, as said In a previous post. May sit back for a while.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

It's a general rule of thumb but not some kind of iron law. Personally, I think the OP's 'friend' should go for it. It sounds like someone younger is probably better at unlocking those emotional defences this friend has built up.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here