Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well you should be. It's about identity and roots.

Listen at our next home game. You'll hear the chant Albion go up. Imagine a Brighton Seagulls where this gradually disappeared. Erode you roots and you erode your connection with so much of your community.

I've done a lot of work in Hull recently and met a lot of City supporters and they are very angry about this. They are proud of their City and proud of the Tigers. They are Hull City and their nickname is the Tigers. That is what the fans want.

Cardiff City supporters call themselves Bluebirds. Do you think they refer to themselves as Dragons? Not yet, but after 10 years the younger ones might. And why? At the whim of a rich man. Well that's not right.

Spot on.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If every other club's fans thought that, we probably wouldn't have a football club.

Don't you think it's a slightly different scenario having a broke team adrift at the bottom of league 2, about to be homeless and fighting for its very existence compared to a PL team in a flash ground and a wealthy owner having the arse because they might have a slight name change?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Naff it may be but I can't see that the name change is a blow to the intrinsic fabric of the club. Not as much as Hull City Stripers would be. Or Hull Bengals.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Don't you think it's a slightly different scenario having a broke team adrift at the bottom of league 2, about to be homeless and fighting for its very existence compared to a PL team in a flash ground and a wealthy owner having the arse because they might have a slight name change?

It is different, but the attitude is the same.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Of course it's different. But the point is many people are already calling support for causes like Wrexham's 'love-in's'. It's fine if people don't feel strongly enough about Hull's cause in this respect, but to deride people who want to support it is just childish posturing. And as soon as you start turning a blind eye to this sort of nonsense it's very easy to let greater ills go unchecked.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd just go along with it if I was a Hull supporter. This bloke will be selling up as soon as he's bored with them, the new chairman can change it back the next day.

Just milk this chairman for what you can get, treat him with the derision a megalomaniac egotist deserves. In the mean time NEVER refer to them as Tigers and always CITY.

Not rocket science as far as I'm concerned.

(see Vincent Tan for further example)

Feb 14, 2010
BHA fans got great credit and respect from fans up and down the country for the fight put up against Archer. Since then BHA fans have stood shoulder to shoulder with Doncaster, Wrexham, Plymouth and each time its been gained respect. To do it for a club in the top flight would again gain respect. Just ask yourself what you would think if we didnt have Tony Bloom but someone else who tried to call us Brighton Seagulls or something. We are Brighton & Hove Albion and we run out to Sussex by the Sea. They are Hull City and no matter what the Chairman says at Hull City they will remain Hull City. I for one expect the younger fans at BHA to follow in us olduns foot steps and show us what they are made of. "Banner" well of course but is that the best we can do these days. OK no pitch invasions or York City protests but something eye catching and maybe some humour would be good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Of course it's different. But the point is many people are already calling support for causes like Wrexham's 'love-in's'. It's fine if people don't feel strongly enough about Hull's cause in this respect, but to deride people who want to support it is just childish posturing. And as soon as you start turning a blind eye to this sort of nonsense it's very easy to let greater ills go unchecked.

Pastor Niemoller-tastic Hungry Joe. Good post.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It is different, but the attitude is the same.

It maybe on here, but I firmly believe if we were called on to suppport a club in its darkest hour we would stand up and be counted.

Of course it's different. But the point is many people are already calling support for causes like Wrexham's 'love-in's'. It's fine if people don't feel strongly enough but Hull's cause in this respect, but to deride people who want to support it is just childish posturing. And as soon as you start turning a blind eye to this sort of nonsense it's very easy to let greater ills go unchecked.

I agree, I don't think it's right to discard it, but it's not detrimental to the existence of Hull FC, they will still exist and play in the same stadium and same colours and will still have a tiger as on the badge no doubt.

Dandyman

In London village.
Happy to support any proper protest from Hull supporters. Some people on here seem to have short memories about Fans United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports