Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Ok. So in that case would you feel bolstered if you turned up at an away game and saw the opposing teams fans with a banner saying "Say no to Brighton Seagulls", or would you think "how embarrassing, another love-in"?

I would shed a few tears of joy!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The Amex is a cozy place to be now. No swearing , applauding the away fans stats and generally being the nice guy and we all know where the nioce guy ends. Last.

East Upper-our six ---lots of swearing-booing the away fans stats and being particularly ROWDY and not nice to the odd dead person sitting near us:eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I think we should as Prescott is a Hull supporter and he had quite a big say in the Amex planning application being agreed.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The ONLY thing in life that talks now is money. It has been that way for a while but now money is the boss more than ever and never more so than in Football.

More defeatist 'woe is me' pessimism from you.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just don't understand the logic of it. They're already the Tigers. They don't need to change their name to be able to market themselves as tigers.
Out of interest, if they change the name of the club, what will their nickname be? City?

If their supporters are seriously against it and want us to support their campaign, then I'm all for supporting them. If they can't be arsed, I'm not! Plenty have asked for help in the past. I'm concerned that we're always looking for someone else's cause to fight for them nowadays, though.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Amex is a cozy place to be now. No swearing , applauding the away fans stats and generally being the nice guy and we all know where the nioce guy ends. Last.

Well, we finished fourth last season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Exactly, thats what Hull are right now.

Once again, I am NOT supporting a banner - not exactly sure why it would be needed or what it would achieve.

Wow, THREE out of 92 clubs there (Wrexham dont count as they arent in the Football League, even then its only 4). Hull wouldnt even be on the same level as Fans United with the other clubs.

I do agree bout the Homophobia banner and that rainbow flag though.

Why not NONE?

Why don't you go to the Amex, sing your heart out and have proper banter with away fans? This in turn actually creates a better atmosphere?

Placards, banners, clackers, foam hands and screaming for a policeman does nothing for our club.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Certainly this. The same attitude also gets shown when anything about Leagues 1 and 2 get posted on NSC.

Yup. The problem is this increasing and lazy polarisation in football. I want rowdy, intimidating atmospheres, to be playing at the highest level possible in a great stadium, and still feel part of a club with it's feet on the ground and in the community, and with a wider outlook and an attitude of respect to other clubs and a longer memory that what happened at the end of last season. None of that is mutually exclusive.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If anyone wants to make a banner then that's fine, but in all honesty I really don't give a shit about Hull.

Sorry.

:shrug:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why not NONE?

Why don't you go to the Amex, sing your heart out and have proper banter with away fans? This in turn actually creates a better atmosphere?

Placards, banners, clackers, foam hands and screaming for a policeman does nothing for our club.

Those days have gone... especially if you follow Brighton.. Should have protested with the Leeds fans about Ken Bates if you go by the logic of some on this board!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why not NONE?

I was with you until you started dissing foam hands.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why not NONE?

Placards,banners,clackers,form hands and screaming for a policeman does nothing for our club.

Yes, you should never support any other club when in the shite and we should have never supported Donny, Wrexham or Plymouth :facepalm:

Clackers, banners, flags etc etc are embarrassing - but YOUR anti-crisis club attitude eclipses that. Im not comparing Hull and Wrexham - but not supporting other clubs off the field when they need it is pathetic. If everyone had your attitude, we might not exist how we do now, nor might several other clubs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, you should never support any other club when in the shite and we should have never supported Donny, Wrexham or Plymouth :facepalm:

Clackers, banners, flags etc etc are embarrassing - but YOUR anti-crisis club attitude eclipses that. Im not comparing Hull and Wrexham - but not supporting other clubs off the field when they need it is pathetic. If everyone had your attitude, we might not exist how we do now, nor might several other clubs.
Are Hull in the shite then?

They look pretty well run to me.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
But it kind of is, isn't it? If Bloom wanted to call the Amex the Rent Boy Arena he can, it would be crap and sound rubbish but essentially it's his money that is keeping the club where it is. We can't have it all our own way, I don't agree with the name change at Hull but it isn't our battle.

If every other club's fans thought that, we probably wouldn't have a football club.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nothing wrong with a banner to show we are against chairmen like the Hull and Cardiff fellas messing with tradition and treating clubs as their personal playthings.

As said above, if it wasn't for the support of other teams we might not even exist now. Read 'Build a Bonfire', for chrissakes. Fans united, will never be defeated.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't say I am overly bothered to be honest.

Well you should be. It's about identity and roots.

Listen at our next home game. You'll hear the chant Albion go up. Imagine a Brighton Seagulls where this gradually disappeared. Erode you roots and you erode your connection with so much of your community.

I've done a lot of work in Hull recently and met a lot of City supporters and they are very angry about this. They are proud of their City and proud of the Tigers. They are Hull City and their nickname is the Tigers. That is what the fans want.

Cardiff City supporters call themselves Bluebirds. Do you think they refer to themselves as Dragons? Not yet, but after 10 years the younger ones might. And why? At the whim of a rich man. Well that's not right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here