Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I agree. If it's important to their fans (and I don't know how annoyed they really are) then we should support them. Football fans against modern insanity is more important than tribal rivalry (or it's not).

Bascially this.

The 'it's their club, they can do with it as they see fit...' is the same attitude which allowed MK Dons to be formed, and they had no right to take their place in the Football League in the way that they did.

We're looking to get representatives of the 'No To Hull Tigers' campaign on the Roar, just to get an idea of some of the Hull fans' feelings.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Bascially this.

The 'it's their club, they can do with it as they see fit...' is the same attitude which allowed MK Dons to be formed, and they had no right to take their place in the Football League in the way that they did.

We're looking to get representatives of the 'No To Hull Tigers' campaign on the Roar, just to get an idea of some of the Hull fans' feelings.

Christ another love in... we really need to man up a bit!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Christ another love in... we really need to man up a bit!

How is it exactly a love in ? By not allowing millionaires to get their own way in football and backing their campaign against the name change - it certainly isnt a love-in.

Imagine if other clubs had the same attitude towards us when things were shite for us - Fans United would have never even existed. The attitude of some "fans" these days is pathetic.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Hull Tigers is not an outrageous liberty. They have been the Tigers for 50 years or so. I would be more bothered about how my team was doing on the pitch.

I guess that's where you and I have different opinions. I would not be happy if some new owner came in and decided to rename us Brighton Seagulls.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Since when did supporting another club's fans protest against what is an unsavoury symptom of modern football and life in general constitute a 'love-in'? Agree it's not on the same scale as our struggle or Plymouth's plight, but if everyone took that attitude Fans Utd would never have gotten off the ground. Stop trying to be too cool for skool and grow up.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How is it exactly a love in ? By not allowing millionaires to get their own way in football and backing their campaign against the name change - it certainly isnt a love-in.

Imagine if other clubs had the same attitude towards us when things were shite for us - Fans United would have never even existed. The attitude of some "fans" these days is pathetic.

Are you seriously suggesting their plight is anything like ours? or Coventry's? or Wimbledons? it's a change of name.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Are you seriously suggesting their plight is anything like ours? or Coventry's? or Wimbledons? it's a change of name.

No, I am on about yours, and others, attitudes suggesting "Its not our club, its not our problem".

Out of curiousity, how would you feel if we were renamed the "Brighton Seagulls" ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Since when did supporting another club's fans protest against what is an unsavoury symptom of modern football and life in general constitute a 'love-in'? Agree it's not on the same scale as our struggle or Plymouth's plight, but if everyone took that attitude Fans Utd would never have gotten off the ground. Stop trying to be too cool for skool and grow up.

It's my opinion and a fair few others judging by the comments.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I guess that's where you and I have different opinions. I would not be happy if some new owner came in and decided to rename us Brighton Seagulls.

that is more as it takes out hove, brighton and hove albion seagulls ? why not.

el punal

Thank goodness we don't follow the American way, where an owner can buy a club (franchise) and move it to where he damn well wants. Think Brooklyn Dodgers (baseball) being uprooted to LA, Oakland Raiders becoming LA Raiders (Am.Football).

Oh, wait a minute . . . MK something.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hull Tigers is not an outrageous liberty. They have been the Tigers for 50 years or so. I would be more bothered about how my team was doing on the pitch.

Yes it is.

We are Brighton and Hove Albion. Our nickname is the Seagulls. Do you want that changed for marketing purposes?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Christ there's only 92 clubs in the league and we already HAD love affairs with Donny, Plymouth,Wrexham and potentially Hull. Not to mention horrific and embarrassing banners in the north about football and homophobia,

The Amex has certainly brought a new mentality with it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes it is.

We are Brighton and Hove Albion. Our nickname is the Seagulls. Do you want that changed for marketing purposes?

I can't say I am overly bothered to be honest.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Wouldn't be entirely happy.

Ok. So in that case would you feel bolstered if you turned up at an away game and saw the opposing teams fans with a banner saying "Say no to Brighton Seagulls", or would you think "how embarrassing, another love-in"?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Christ there's only 92 clubs in the league and we already HAD love affairs with Donny, Plymouth,Wrexham and potentially Hull. Not to mention horrific and embarrassing banners in the north about football and homophobia,

Well said that man!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Amex is a cozy place to be now. No swearing , applauding the away fans stats and generally being the nice guy and we all know where the nioce guy ends. Last.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wouldn't be entirely happy.

Exactly, thats what Hull are right now.

Once again, I am NOT supporting a banner - not exactly sure why it would be needed or what it would achieve.

Wow, THREE out of 92 clubs there (Wrexham dont count as they arent in the Football League, even then its only 4). Hull wouldnt even be on the same level as Fans United with the other clubs.

I do agree bout the Homophobia banner and that rainbow flag though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hull City have been known as the Tigers for decades. So they change from Hull City to Hull Tigers what is the big deal ?

Have to agree. He's not introducing anything frighteningly new, just merging their club name with their nickname. He has said he is not changing club colours or anything else. Seems some fans feel they have to have their cause célèbre. Hull probably felt left out so have jumped on this. In no way does it equate to our plight or even that of Cardiff's colour change. He is simply merging existing club identities!

So by that logic you would be over the moon if a wealthy benefactor renamed our club the Brighton Seagulls?

:sick:

Not keen but not so upset I would protest. Having said that, the residents of the good district of Hove might be a tad more upset!

Bascially this.

And in the interests of balance, will you be getting on the show fans who think there is no problem with a simple name change and remain grateful for the money he has put in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here