Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well you should be. It's about identity and roots.

Listen at our next home game. You'll hear the chant Albion go up. Imagine a Brighton Seagulls where this gradually disappeared. Erode you roots and you erode your connection with so much of your community.

I've done a lot of work in Hull recently and met a lot of City supporters and they are very angry about this. They are proud of their City and proud of the Tigers. They are Hull City and their nickname is the Tigers. That is what the fans want.

Cardiff City supporters call themselves Bluebirds. Do you think they refer to themselves as Dragons? Not yet, but after 10 years the younger ones might. And why? At the whim of a rich man. Well that's not right.

Cardiff fans were happy enough to wear their free red scarves when we played them. Three or four were thrown onto the pitch at the end of the game but that may have been because they lost.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
More defeatist 'woe is me' pessimism from you.

Be careful about judging people before you know their story. I was not personal to you, it was a generic comment, not aimed at any individual and you have said this more than once.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd just ban foreigners from owning more than 49% of any English club. We just can't resist selling out in this country...

That would mean that people like John Henry (doing a fine job owning Liverpool) couldn't run a football club, but would do absolutely nothing to prevent (English) scum like Bill Archer. Nationality is a complete red herring.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
After we have battered them(fingers crossed:ohmy:)then our lot in the East Upper will have a whip round to help Brucie grow a backbone and tell his Boss, Hull is a CITY and nothing else.
He needs to remember he is only half a dozen defeats from being sent on his way by this bloke ---so why cow-tow to him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't remember 'supporting' Cardiffs plight when they changed their colours which is probably a bigger change.

I'm sure if Hull fans wanted our help or were actually making a massive deal about it then more would be willing to do something. Just seems everyone is a bit meh about it so isn't really a cause worth fighting.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Completely different situation.

Yes it was, but again that is not the point. If you honestly think a show of support by those who do care means they are a bunch of JCL bed-wetters who are making us the laughing stock of every passionate 'hard man' like you and bushy then you really do need to get out more.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes it was, but again that is not the point. If you honestly think a show of support by those who do care means they are a bunch of JCL bed-wetters who are making us the laughing stock of every passionate 'hard man' like you and bushy then you really do need to get out more.

Calm down dear. I never said anything about JCL's or bed-wetters or hard men!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why not NONE?

Why don't you go to the Amex, sing your heart out and have proper banter with away fans? This in turn actually creates a better atmosphere?

Placards, banners, clackers, foam hands and screaming for a policeman does nothing for our club.

Sorry, why is singing your heart out something that can't be done when supporting another club's battle? We can have banners and support Hull's fight before the game at least. Then during the game you can have the atmosphere and banter.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Be careful about judging people before you know their story.

Well, be careful about making out your personal perspectives apply to all and sundry. Do you think there would be any money in the game if people didn't actually love it?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well, be careful about making out your personal perspectives apply to all and sundry. Do you think there would be any money in the game if people didn't actually love it?

nice sidestep. You made it personal and as I said you have done it more than once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here