Atmosphere at Ipswich

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was there today, Ipswich fans had nothing at all to shout about apart from some dodgy refereeing decisions, some of which I could sympathise with.
Good effort from our little mob who kept things going, however, if I may make some observations.
a) "Is that your fire drill". Do we really have any right to sing that, really? Especially after Watford.
b) "Go left go left". It was shite in the 70's, it's just wrong now.
c) Good effort with the CMS song.

Go left, go left is absolutely ridiculously pathetic beyond belief

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was there today, Ipswich fans had nothing at all to shout about apart from some dodgy refereeing decisions, some of which I could sympathise with.
Good effort from our little mob who kept things going, however, if I may make some observations.
a) "Is that your fire drill". Do we really have any right to sing that, really? Especially after Watford.
A and B are simply awful as you say. Especially B because fook all people sing it in the north. That must say something.

Can i throw one in too? I think the one where goalies take goal kicks is a bit long in the tooth now. Ooooh Your shit ah or however you say it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You keep saying how pathetic/cringeworthy most of the chants are but you're never prepared to start one yourself.

Going round in circles here, why should I need to start one ?

Not really bothered however I would say the "Gus Poyets Blue and White Army" certainly livened things up

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Now im back, i should say it was a bit cheeky to take the piss out of them for leaving early - since half the Amex was empty at 90 minutes last Saturday too !!

Also just thought, if the "Bollox Crew" were so good today, why is the atmosphere at home games going downhill (ignoring recent poor performances of course) ?

Christ, you're kidding right?

He certainly isnt.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Can you issue a list of approved songs that are acceptable,you must be very important having the role of deciding what is right or wrong to be sung at our games

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's not really though is it, home atmosphere started off quite well at the Amex and has just about got worse ever since, it's a library throughout most of the ground now.

Yes. Yes. Of Course. I'm guessing now, but are you about twelve years old? If you think the Amex is a library then you may want to go and visit some other grounds.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Going round in circles here, why should I need to start one ?

Not really bothered however I would say the "Gus Poyets Blue and White Army" certainly livened things up

If you're not prepared to sing up and start, then you haven't got the right to criticise those who do. It just makes you look small minded.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes. Yes. Of Course. I'm guessing now, but are you about twelve years old? If you think the Amex is a library then you may want to go and visit some other grounds.

Don't bite to his posts. Thought you would have known better chap!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Can you issue a list of approved songs that are acceptable,you must be very important having the role of deciding what is right or wrong to be sung at our games

Don't be so touchy & read it again; they're purely "observations". However your reply certainly highlights why I hardly post on here these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you're not prepared to sing up and start, then you haven't got the right to criticise those who do. It just makes you look small minded.

Clearly you have never heard of a democracy, everyone in the UK has a right to criticise if they want

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly you have never heard of a democracy, everyone in the UK has a right to criticise if they want

On a keyboard safe at home. If you don't like a chant then start one to shout over it. It worked with the north stand St Pauli chant which is never heard now because it was shouted down. Even Albion Albion would do it, but you don't have the courage at away games but wait until you get home to your keyboard.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But don't these people who start crap chants get the hint that only about 50 people join in? It's completely different otherwise. The Gus's army one caught on well because it was decent.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
But don't these people who start crap chants get the hint that only about 50 people join in? It's completely different otherwise. The Gus's army one caught on well because it was decent.

you're not wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports