Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at Ipswich

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If anyone would like to put together a list of songs that are acceptable to NSC readers and the keyboard warriors that heard us on radio !!!! maybe playlist order to be started and sung , i will show the rest of the gang then one week we maybe praised for our effort and not slated,

Good post, well done, but I think most of 'old school north stand singers' from the 70's and 80's simply wish that a bit more variety gets sung from time to time. How about searching on here for the threads that feature songs sung then that dont get sung now, pick a couple of the more popular ones, and have a go at getting them sung more widely and without the super speed seen in recent years with GOSBTS, just to expand your song list a bit.

I say carry on Miss, dont listen to them.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I was there today, Ipswich fans had nothing at all to shout about apart from some dodgy refereeing decisions, some of which I could sympathise with.
Good effort from our little mob who kept things going, however, if I may make some observations.
a) "Is that your fire drill". Do we really have any right to sing that, really? Especially after Watford.
b) "Go left go left". It was shite in the 70's, it's just wrong now.
c) Good effort with the CMS song.

Who do you think you are?
Can we see a draft of your words for a song that, you wrongly think, could replace this legendary, long standing & ultimately unique song?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I got to sit in the Directors area yesterday which was on the oposite side of the ground to the Brighton fans. Our away fans did our club proud, plenty of singing and at most times the only fans that could be heard in the ground.

It doesn't matter one bit what songs you sing. Well done.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Hardly bald, and a gut yup.

Is there a problem with that?

I know you, you sit just behind me and I was with you at Wolves away. Nice guy, even if you should be a bit peeved I recognised you from the "gut" description :lolol:

As for the moaning, well it's wrong when we don't sing, wrong when we do :shrug: Rather some noise than none so keep it up "bollox" boys

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
So is 'bollox crew' real? Please tell me it's a piss take name someone has given a group of supporters and they havent actually named themselves?

There was a big group of fatties wearing replica away shirts up the back of the stand yesterday. I was a bit embaressed on their behalf. Are they the 'bollocks crew'?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit I've moaned on here about the verbal Mexican Wave that we do instead of watching the match (North Stand / West Stand Brighton boys), but for the Watford game it was the only chant that actually came over on the TV and indicated that there WERE actually people in the ground instead of a load of shop dummies.

So yes, as someone who likes a bit of atmosphere at matches anybody who tries to start any song about any subject set to any tune from now on has my wholehearted support.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The BOLLOX CREW :bowdown: Would you like us to have "Always Ultra" clones to embarrass us at away games ???

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Talking of poor chants has anyone seen the YouTube videos of the arsenal fan singing some tragic songs into his webcam ? Can't decide if he is a comedy genius or not all there.

"he is six foot two, he will do you, its oli oli oli giroud. "

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This certainly has turned into a "were betters fans that you" thread now, just because you go to every game it doesnt make you gods gift to the earth. Sure its great commitment - but not everyone can do that and that doesnt make them any less of a fan.

Atmosphere was good and if it could be taken from yesterday and stuck in the Amex with more people, it will be very loud on Saturday and that will be down to the effort of ALL fans, not just a group of about 20 or so.

I observed it myself over the course of last season where I attended majority of games, and this season where I've attended two, both of which may as well have been played behind closed doors.

Cripes ! Two home games this season. They amount of shite you post about the Albion I thought you must be a supporter.

BTW i enjoyed the "Gus Poyets Blue and White Army" - intermingled with "We Hate Palace" - whoever started it. Good support yesterday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cripes ! Two home games this season. They amount of shite you post about the Albion I thought you must be a supporter.

BTW i enjoyed the "Gus Poyets Blue and White Army" - intermingled with "We Hate Palace" - whoever started it. Good support yesterday.

"Gus Poyet's Blue And White Army" segued with "We Hate Palace" keeps it at the correct tempo.

"Gus Poyet's Blue And White Army" segued with "We Hate Palace" keeps it at the correct tempo.

Wonderful use of the word "segued" SOG - for that I say Happy New Year And May Palaces Gates All Be Meagre.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I do half a dozen away games a season, Huddersfield this season was a cracking atmosphere, I stood to left of the goal towards the back and no idea if it was Bollox or NSK or another group but I couldn't give a monkeys, just good to have people willing to travel and create an atmosphere. This thread reminds me of scene out of The Life of Brian.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For clarity, how long do JLC's remain JLC's. I assume there is a point at which the "have been here some time but still don't fit in's" (ABHSTBSDFI) remain the focus of contempt but begin to morph into vaguely better supporters.

jlc.jpg

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here