Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at Ipswich

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
it's a library throughout most of the ground now.

Exactly the same as the other 91 proffesional football clubs in this country.
The noise was always going to settle down to just coming from predominantly from the North. Be thankful that we still get good noise from the West and South when the team are performing well.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Just like at the Amex then...

Not sure what people's problems are.
It was very audible on sky at the amex against Watford, Even though we played shite.
Just because you don't hear the brainwashing "Were the North Stand, the north stand", etc for the whole 90 mins, The atmosphere is poor !..

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
It always amazes me how people criticise other supporters choices not to be as vocal as them. They travelled, they paid to get in. What they do inside the ground is entirely up to them and none of your business. So get off your high horses and shut up.

In any case, wasn't it the 'bollox crew' who were giving it the biggun at Derby, singing songs about meeting outside the ground etc? Sure there's a thread on here somewhere. Wouldn't mind if it was just kids but the majority are fully grown men aren't they? Worrying.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This just comes across as a "we're better fans than you" thread, our support in general was good today although that may have something to do with us winning.

All in all, good day out.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
For clarity, how long do JLC's remain JLC's. I assume there is a point at which the "have been here some time but still don't fit in's" (ABHSTBSDFI) remain the focus of contempt but begin to morph into vaguely better supporters.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For clarity, how long do JLC's remain JLC's. I assume there is a point at which the "have been here some time but still don't fit in's" (ABHSTBSDFI) remain the focus of contempt but begin to morph into vaguely better supporters.

5 seasons continuous service without a break

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Exactly the same as the other 91 proffesional football clubs in this country.
The noise was always going to settle down to just coming from predominantly from the North. Be thankful that we still get good noise from the West and South when the team are performing well.

Indeed, and I have no issue with this, would just be nice if our mongs would stop making out our fans are a cut above, when if anything they're a cut below.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We made a shed load of noise today, and the rest of the away support finally joined in. We were the 12 th man today.

I'm presuming you missed the other side of the stand starting numerous songs (most of our group of 15 to be honest started a few each).

It wasn't just the 'bollocks' crew singing. And what a f****ng cringeworthy name.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Probably best you learn the basic acronyms before inventing your own...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Thought it was a great atmosphere today, regardless of who started the songs. There always has to be someone to start them, I don't see the point in bigging yourself up if you were one of those people though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm presuming you missed the other side of the stand starting numerous songs (most of our group of 15 to be honest started a few each).

It wasn't just the 'bollocks' crew singing. And what a f****ng cringeworthy name.

And clearly you know nothing about this club with a statement like that.

These fans are very important and influential - for starters they have their NSC names printed on their replica shirts

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Had to sit with the away fans today. They have no disabled seating for away fans at Portman Rd. We were directly opposite the Albion fans. Anyway, that aside, they were generally quite grumpy and pissed off with their teams performance. Some around us seemed quite amused at the "Small town in Norwich" chant!

Albion fans were basically all that you could hear, except when they banged their drum. They were also very pissed off with the ref, especially the first half. Also seemed to get on their teams back quite a bit. Not very supportive!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It always amazes me how people criticise other supporters choices not to be as vocal as them. They travelled, they paid to get in. What they do inside the ground is entirely up to them and none of your business. So get off your high horses and shut up.

In any case, wasn't it the 'bollox crew' who were giving it the biggun at Derby, singing songs about meeting outside the ground etc? Sure there's a thread on here somewhere. Wouldn't mind if it was just kids but the majority are fully grown men aren't they? Worrying.

It was because there was a Palace fan complete with shirt, in with the Derby home fans giving it large, so he got the reaction that he wanted. It was funny at the time but I guess you had to be there to appreciate it.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was there today, Ipswich fans had nothing at all to shout about apart from some dodgy refereeing decisions, some of which I could sympathise with.
Good effort from our little mob who kept things going, however, if I may make some observations.
a) "Is that your fire drill". Do we really have any right to sing that, really? Especially after Watford.
b) "Go left go left". It was shite in the 70's, it's just wrong now.
c) Good effort with the CMS song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here