Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For everyone else.

Will be very interesting to see what the club do. Stands sold out, where can they move them to?!!

If I was Mr Bloom, I would move them to the Director's Box and lounge without a second thought. It is the least that should be done. The view from those seats is so bad it is comical.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The pic from high up in the 1901 section shows a couple of people in the front two rows, and they seem to be able to see over the barrier OK, with a fair gap between the seats and the barrier? A couple of the shots of the barriers seem to be upward shots, so you'd need to be on your knees to get that view, shirley?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Interesting looking at similar seats in the Emirates, no sign of massive barriers. Does look like a f*** up by the builders or the architect :facepalm:

0249.jpg

Yeah, they were actually going to add barriers at the Emirates, but they've been potless for a few years :wink:

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
If that is a true reflection of the view it would certainly take the shine off the experience when you take your seat.

Potentially a problem in WSL (and maybe east) too? I must say this is purely conjecture as I didn't check it out but near the back close to an exit/stairwell there are signs directing people down or up to the correct seat numbers. Are they a viewing obstruction?

I am near the back but was far enough in from the aisle to avoid this. Would have sat in one of these seats to check if this thread existed when i went. Anyone know or worried about these signs affecting their view now?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I totally agree. Especially in the case of the 1901 one. That is a platinum seat, front row, middle of the stand. It should be the best seat in the stadium and would have been sold as such. Instead it is probably nearly one of the worst. I would be fuming.

Especially in the case of the 1901 one? :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still don't think any of the photographs used to illustrate this point can possibly be an accurate portrayal of what a person actually sees when sat in the seat.

Anyone could quite easily put a camera right behind a barrier and take a picture..........

I sat in one of the 1901 seats behind a barrier today. The view is obstructed, you will have to peer under and over the barrier to see the game. I'd be very disappointed to have one of these seats.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My seat is close to that so today on tour I had a look from my seat and the barrier,for it mar your view you would have to be about 3' foot
No problems with view at all. Went to WSU and went to the very top Z (68) row,whole stadium in view,see all the play but it's quite far away

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Perspex will improve things, but it will still not be great for those sitting right behind it. Probably the only time the barriers would be used is when the stewards lean against them as they watch the crowd come in and out. Other than that they serve no real purpose unless someone decides to run down the stairs and try and vault the wall. The seats should have been sold as restricted view for sure.

Attachments

• glass barrier.jpg
    glass barrier.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Especially in the case of the 1901 one? :nono:

sorry you're right. I just meant that they're supposed to be the best seats in the ground but that one with the barrier is the worst! But you're right anyone who has got the barrier in there way should feel equally aggrieved.

The picture I took of the upper West one is further left than the tv camera area.

D

Deleted User X18H

Just thought i would bring this up again.

Have you seen them? Unless you have zero imagination or are extremely vertically challenged these aren’t going to be a problem. Saying that I am glad I haven't got one in front of my brilliant seat view. It is wonderful it really is.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have you seen them? Unless you have zero imagination or are extremely vertically challenged these aren’t going to be a problem. Saying that I am glad I haven't got one in front of my brilliant seat view. It is wonderful it really is.

You really are a total knob-jockey aren't you.

Its a crap view and you know it. I'm six foot and sat there and the view was definitely obscured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here