And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I feel very sorry for anyone in affected seats, I'd feel sick to my stomach if that was my view. And if that truly is the view, which seems to be the case, then Martin Perry should be asked for an explanation.

I totally agree. Especially in the case of the 1901 one. That is a platinum seat, front row, middle of the stand. It should be the best seat in the stadium and would have been sold as such. Instead it is probably nearly one of the worst. I would be fuming.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, unfortunately looks like someone has made a bit of a f*** up. A lot of money is being paid for that view and it looks like the worst in the ground.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I totally agree. Especially in the case of the 1901 one. That is a platinum seat, front row, middle of the stand. It should be the best seat in the stadium and would have been sold as such. Instead it is probably nearly one of the worst. I would be fuming.

There should at the very least be a price reduction for any affected seats.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
All that money for that view...

The Club are taking the piss there!

I agree that the 1901 factor is relevant but the whole stadium was sold as "not a bad view in the house". As such those affected in the Upper West have an equal right to feel agrieved.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Interesting looking at similar seats in the Emirates, no sign of massive barriers. Does look like a f*** up by the builders or the architect :facepalm:

0249.jpg

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm not going to say anything as I bet The Bloke In Front Of Me is 6"10, 30-stone and insists on wearing a sombrero. Joking aside, agree with HJ, should be a price reduction on those seats.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I agree that the 1901 factor is relevant but the whole stadium was sold as "not a bad view in the house". As such those affected in the Upper West have an equal right to feel agrieved.

My seat in WSU is in the front row and very close to an aisle. I'm beginning to worry !

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I still don't think any of the photographs used to illustrate this point can possibly be an accurate portrayal of what a person actually sees when sat in the seat.

Anyone could quite easily put a camera right behind a barrier and take a picture..........

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody 'ell, that really is a shite spot ain't it?!

How much has that set the poor bugger back? I hope to God they haven't got themselves a PSL to boot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I still don't think any of the photographs used to illustrate this point can possibly be an accurate portrayal of what a person actually sees when sat in the seat.

Anyone could quite easily put a camera right behind a barrier and take a picture..........

The one of took from the West Stand Upper was quite literally taken whilst sitting in that seat, with my iphone from in front of my face. Yes it's a fixed point and you can move your head but it is still a restricted view seat and should've been sold as such.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
That is a nightmare situation - unbelievable really that someone at the club thinks that view is acceptable. Seats at the front near aisles - which would have been some of the first snapped up. Feel desperately sorry for anyone sat there.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wonder if they could erect hard clear perspex barriers instead, tho that still wouldn't be ideal. They surely must offer a 'restricted view' reduction for the affected seats.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Fuming is the least I would be doing! A big cock up by the club to say the least. I appreciate there has to be safety measures of course, but those seats should never have been sold, or if they were with at least a huge discount. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry, but after all the relentless hype, you have to say that is hilarious.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sorry, but after all the relentless hype, you have to say that is hilarious.

For everyone else.

Will be very interesting to see what the club do. Stands sold out, where can they move them to?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports