And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure why anyone would find this amusing as 1901 or otherwise this is an Albion fans seat and not one person on here would be impressed with that view after waiting so long for this stadium.

Hope the club sort this for anyone impacted and quickly as people have waited years for this and deserve better

D

Deleted User X18H

You really are a total knob-jockey aren't you.

Its a crap view and you know it. I'm six foot and sat there and the view was definitely obscured.

I sat in front of one and I am shorter than you and I really didn't think it was that bad. Slightly obscured maybe.

But why are people so utterly ecstatic that they believe a fellow Albion fan has paid a lot of money for a crap view?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But why are people so utterly ecstatic that they believe a fellow Albion fan has paid a lot of money for a crap view?

Come on - you have to admit, after all those jack Straw photos, and people wanking themselves silly, it is pretty funny that the best seats in the stadium have two foot high steel bars in front of them so you can't see the goal posts.

Still, you get a parking space , so its not all bad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think HB&B because you have been such an arrogant f*** over being in the 1901 that some people think we are all like that. We are not.

But back to the point, wherever the problem exists it's a big problem for those individuals. I can't see how Perspex is going to make it that much better really.

I really really hope that none of these seats effect any kids. It would be awful for them I suspect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really are a total knob-jockey aren't you.

Its a crap view and you know it. I'm six foot and sat there and the view was definitely obscured.

Agree. I'm 5' 10" and after reading this thread decided to check one of these seats out. The seat I sat in definitely had its view obscured.

D

Deleted User X18H

Come on - you have to admit, after all those jack Straw photos, and people wanking themselves silly, it is pretty funny that the best seats in the stadium have two foot high steel bars in front of them so you can't see the goal posts.

Still, you get a parking space , so its not all bad.

It doesn't bother me at all really. I just feel a bit sorry for the poor sods who now have to sit there almost being goaded about the seat that they have chosen because other people think it has an impaired view.

The west stand upper has these barriers as well I wonder who might be bleating come tomorrow?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It doesn't bother me at all really. I just feel a bit sorry for the poor sods who now have to sit there almost being goaded about the seat that they have chosen because other people think it has an impaired view.

The west stand upper has these barriers as well I wonder who might be bleating come tomorrow?

My picture was of the West Stand Upper. Just as bad, and worse still they are likely to be diehard fans as I guess the front row would have sold the quickest. I just feel really sorry for them and really hope that the club can sort them out a great solution.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think HB&B because you have been such an arrogant f*** over being in the 1901 that some people think we are all like that. We are not.

But back to the point, wherever the problem exists it's a big problem for those individuals. I can't see how Perspex is going to make it that much better really.

I really really hope that none of these seats effect any kids. It would be awful for them I suspect.

Seriously would you find me a post where I have been an arrogant f*** about being a 1901 member?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Have you seen them? Unless you have zero imagination or are extremely vertically challenged these aren’t going to be a problem. Saying that I am glad I haven't got one in front of my brilliant seat view. It is wonderful it really is.

Yes i have seen them, no imagination was necessary.

Tony Bloom said today the barriers were to be removed.
Why would he do that if there was not a problem?

Your sprouting off about something you know nothing about.
Same shit different day eh.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes i have seen them, no imagination was necessary.

Tony Bloom said today the barriers were to be removed.
Why would he do that if there was not a problem?

Your sprouting off about something you know nothing about.
Same shit different day eh.

Sprouting? Not runner beaning? Not parsniping? Do you mean SPOUTING by any chance.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a lather people get themselves in on here. The club weren't putting up a garden shed - this is a MASSIVE stadium. There's bound to be the odd snag and the rationale behind inviting everyone in was to highlight those flaws.

So the barriers aren't ideal for, what, 40 people out of 23500? And the Chairman has immediately said he will address the problem?

I just can't understand the sadly typical British mentality of taking delight in finding faults in something that is, in truth, absolutely magnificent. And why's it so hilarious because it's the 1901 club? Jealousy?

The majority of people who joined are like me - a supporter for 30+ years who simply decided to put his spare cash into a club he loves watching. An £8000 commitment over 5 years and I'll probably only be able to get to half the games. But that's fine - it's the Albion. If the football goes tits up & the ticket won't sell when I can't go, I'll take the financial hit as it all goes to a good cause.

If it wasn't for that huge, up front wedge of cash provided by the 1901 club, who's to say prices elsewhere in the ground would have been so reasonable?

Of course, there will be Arsenal and Spurs and Chelsea fans in there, which I'll find a irritating as anyone but that goes with the territory. As long as they get behind the team for 90 minutes, I couldn't care less. And there'll be more than a few converts... As one Brighton-based Chelsea fan said to me yesterday, "this place pisses all over Stamford Bridge". I could never switch allegiance but most of those who did just wanted to watch decent football in a better environment than Withdean - their choice. Now that's on their doorstep, they'll switch again. People don't have to like them but they should love their money, because it's going to make what happens on the pitch better for all of us.

D

Deleted User X18H

What a lather people get themselves in on here. The club weren't putting up a garden shed - this is a MASSIVE stadium. There's bound to be the odd snag and the rationale behind inviting everyone in was to highlight those flaws.

So the barriers aren't ideal for, what, 40 people out of 23500? And the Chairman has immediately said he will address the problem?

I just can't understand the sadly typical British mentality of taking delight in finding faults in something that is, in truth, absolutely magnificent. And why's it so hilarious because it's the 1901 club? Jealousy?

The majority of people who joined are like me - a supporter for 30+ years who simply decided to put his spare cash into a club he loves watching. An £8000 commitment over 5 years and I'll probably only be able to get to half the games. But that's fine - it's the Albion. If the football goes tits up & the ticket won't sell when I can't go, I'll take the financial hit as it all goes to a good cause.

If it wasn't for that huge, up front wedge of cash provided by the 1901 club, who's to say prices elsewhere in the ground would have been so reasonable?

Of course, there will be Arsenal and Spurs and Chelsea fans in there, which I'll find a irritating as anyone but that goes with the territory. As long as they get behind the team for 90 minutes, I couldn't care less. And there'll be more than a few converts... As one Brighton-based Chelsea fan said to me yesterday, "this place pisses all over Stamford Bridge". I could never switch allegiance but most of those who did just wanted to watch decent football in a better environment than Withdean - their choice. Now that's on their doorstep, they'll switch again. People don't have to like them but they should love their money, because it's going to make what happens on the pitch better for all of us.

How we will be able to single out the Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports