Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
All they need to do is redesign a guard rail so it slopes backwards rather than standing straight up.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I looked at that when I was there the other day. There is no way that is the view from the seat

But giraffes have an 8ft neck!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Oh dearie me...thats a sickener if you've paid all that money...

I'll settle back in my North Stand seat at a third of the price and twice the view.

And the 3 mile walk to and from my parking space will keep me fit!

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone who thinks that is a view from a seat must be spectacularly gullible

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
8750bd8b.jpg

pathetic but that made me laugh out loud.

Ha HA!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We are 1901 members and that picture is correct. Noticed this yesterday when we had our tour, fortunately does not impact on us - disappointing though.

Presumably the same safety measure is also on the Upper Tier?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just read this as well in an old Argus article

"With padded seats being installed in three of the four stands, a visit to the Amex will be a day of comfort for every fan regardless of the tension dished up on the pitch."

In three of the four stands? is that true?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I just read this as well in an old Argus article

"With padded seats being installed in three of the four stands, a visit to the Amex will be a day of comfort for every fan regardless of the tension dished up on the pitch."

In three of the four stands? is that true?

No. I think that article referred to the, as then, current state of the ground. Now all the comfy seats are installed and ready. Don't worry.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We are 1901 members and that picture is correct. Noticed this yesterday when we had our tour, fortunately does not impact on us - disappointing though.

Presumably the same safety measure is also on the Upper Tier?

Anyone who thinks that is a view from a seat must be spectacularly gullible

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if that was inbred's seat :laugh:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm in row D, they tried to palm off the front row on me as the best view!! Glad I didn't buy that. Can you imagine the stomach wrenching moment when the poor bastard sits down in that tomorrow!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm in row D, they tried to palm off the front row on me as the best view!! Glad I didn't buy that. Can you imagine the stomach wrenching moment when the poor bastard sits down in that tomorrow!!

I would be chewing someones head off if there was any restriction on views, anywhere. Martin Perry publicly stated there were no bad views in any seat!

Front row here, but five seats in from the aisle, so hopefully in the clear!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
to be fair to perry, he is not exactly going to turn around and say "oh yeah, some seats have shit views" or something that is closer to the truth of "some seats have restricted and poorer views than others"

every stadium has little problems like these - just because ours is being billed as the greatest known to mankind doesnt mean it was going to escape with no flaws in design

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
to be fair to perry, he is not exactly going to turn around and say "oh yeah, some seats have shit views" or something that is closer to the truth of "some seats have restricted and poorer views than others"

every stadium has little problems like these - just because ours is being billed as the greatest known to mankind doesnt mean it was going to escape with no flaws in design

No, Perry should be taken to task if a view is restricted, especially if you are paying over a £1,000 pounds a season for that 'view'. Anyway, I think that photo (view) is an exaggerated view and will be nothing like that in reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here