Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's your local?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Does anyone ever go to Suters Yard in Shoreham High St? Cracking little pub, always busy, good service and atmosphere.

May 21, 2004
Preston Park
Park view for me too, but agree the service is dire. Crown and Anchor never looks appealing so prefer the Dyke Tavern until they started marketing for kids (young un's, not teenagers).

Would love to be near a decent pub, not too busy, but with cheap beer and hot barmaids.

The barmaid in the PV looks pretty hot to me, but then so does anything under 40 in skirt these days

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
my mrs loves the blackboys inn cider

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
5 Bells, Smock Alley. Well over £4 for your strong lager and Guinness. Ales are his thing, tend to be £3.40 - £4.00. Food is home cooked, and popular.

Mine as well, mind you the odd lunchtime only, Bill is a 3rd Generation Old School Landlord, 5 Real Ales including a Mild(!). The weekday Lunchtime Old Boys certainly put the world to rights. A proper Countryside Pub, 2 Gun Clubs have it as their Base, regular CAMRA winner, I realise as I'm writing this that for some NSCers this is painting a picture of a place they would like to torch..... :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Does anyone ever go to Suters Yard in Shoreham High St? Cracking little pub, always busy, good service and atmosphere.

Yep go there quite a lot lovely food with amstel & peroni on draft but my local is the Red Lion in shoreham and this week it's the 4 day beer festival So shall be knocking back a few ales this weekend

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mine as well, mind you the odd lunchtime only, Bill is a 3rd Generation Old School Landlord, 5 Real Ales including a Mild(!). The weekday Lunchtime Old Boys certainly put the world to rights. A proper Countryside Pub, 2 Gun Clubs have it as their Base, regular CAMRA winner, I realise as I'm writing this that for some NSCers this is painting a picture of a place they would like to torch..... :lolol:

Been using the Bells since about 1982, nowadays very much a regular, I'm also a member of the FBGC. Smallish world, NSC, sometimes.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Closest pub to me is The Royal George in Shoreham. £2.60 for a pint of Carling, carvery is decent but the pub is pretty bland and "meh".

Would normally go to The Bridge, decent atmosphere, average priced beer, good with a few mates, then off to the Crown and Anchor just before last orders for the lock-in. Stay there until 1, and then grab a few cans from Premier for the walk home. :drink:

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
I tend to drink on price these days and depending on the ale that's being sold... I can usually be found in The Ellie, The Tally Ho, The Lamb, The Royal Oak, The Gardeners or The Lewes Arms on my day off... Not all on the same day though!!!

Guiness unfortunately, is now unjustifiably too expensive around here now!

Most of the pubs i tend to drink in! mainly the royal oak or the elly.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I have no decent local pubs, if i do go for a beer i drink in Shoreham.

Are you batshit crazy?!?!? You've got the Gardener's Arms in Sompting - foods amazing and the landlord keeps some truly stunning ale.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away

I live near clapham junction. My local is called the eagle. Its a fantastic local, seven or eight guest real ales at any one time, quiz on a Sunday, normally packed, big screens for matches, particularly lively for rugby but also footy, last night it was heaving. Only one thing, eagle by name and eagle by nature... Let's just say I'm not welcome in my Brighton shirt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here