Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
seriously, why ?

Because it's a shithole?

Although, to be fair, it may have improved a bit since the revamp, but only in the direction of soulless but safe, rather than an actual improvement.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Because it's a shithole?

Although, to be fair, it may have improved a bit since the revamp, but only in the direction of soulless but safe, rather than an actual improvement.
It wasnt a shithole even before the revamp, if you think that, you've led a pretty sheltered life, it may not be your type of pub, but it's certainly not soulless, and doesnt deserve the description that "no right minded person would set foot in there".

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It wasnt a shithole even before the revamp, if you think that, you've led a pretty sheltered life, it may not be your type of pub, but it's certainly not soulless, and doesnt deserve the description that "no right minded person would set foot in there".

Come off it. Are you seriously going to start a load of 'sheltered life' bullshit just because I said The Burrell was a shithole? I don't even mind most 'salty' pubs, it's just that this one happens to have no atmosphere whatsoever. Anyway, it's probably not as bad as all that, but I can only say that having lived in HH all my life, and therefore knowing quite a few people around town, I have never known anyone drinking in there, and barely ever has anyone suggested going there to drink (except the friend who had a job there for a while). That said, for a town of its size, the pub selection in Haywards Heath is truly appalling, so I suppose relative to The Heath, The Star, The Sussex, The Duck and so on, it has always looked quite good!

Come off it. Are you seriously going to start a load of 'sheltered life' bullshit just because I said The Burrell was a shithole? I don't even mind most 'salty' pubs, it's just that this one happens to have no atmosphere whatsoever. Anyway, it's probably not as bad as all that, but I can only say that having lived in HH all my life, and therefore knowing quite a few people around town, I have never known anyone drinking in there, and barely ever has anyone suggested going there to drink (except the friend who had a job there for a while). That said, for a town of its size, the pub selection in Haywards Heath is truly appalling, so I suppose relative to The Heath, The Star, The Sussex, The Duck and so on, it has always looked quite good!
We had 150 mid sussex boys leaving the burrell for palace games back in the day!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
How do you know if you dont go in there ?

It was a shithole in the late 80's, that's how I will always remember it.

Had my first ever legal pint in there, 26 years ago today....!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Its the hefty distances between pubs in Haywards Heath that I find off-putting. Not at all conducive to a pub crawl.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
How do you know if you dont go in there ?

Whatever. I assume you have never, in your life, gone into a pub for a drink, thought "this place is a bit shit" and decided to avoid going there, and instead go regularly round all the pubs you don't like just to make sure you still don't like them. Anyway, I'm sure it's lovely. I didn't realise this thread had to be so serious, all I said was I don't like the Burrell (and I don't know anyone who does). I just don't happen to like thr sort of pubs that offer "4 PINTS OF CARLING/JOHN SMITHS FOR £8" and "MAIN MEALS: £2.50" all over the outside. According to you I'm about the only one.

Its the hefty distances between pubs in Haywards Heath that I find off-putting. Not at all conducive to a pub crawl.

Start at The Burrel, up to the Liverpool arms, on to the Star, down to The Sussex, then to the Duck. work your way back and finish at the Nizam for a curry. Job done

Forgot to add that was in the 90's, Livvy, Sussex and Duck all now gone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Start at The Burrel, up to the Liverpool arms, on to the Star, down to The Sussex, then to the Duck. work your way back and finish at the Nizam for a curry. Job done

Is that the Liverpool that's been closed for about thirty years?

Still a fair old trek tho eh?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Whatever. I assume you have never, in your life, gone into a pub for a drink, thought "this place is a bit shit" and decided to avoid going there, and instead go regularly round all the pubs you don't like just to make sure you still don't like them. Anyway, I'm sure it's lovely. I didn't realise this thread had to be so serious, all I said was I don't like the Burrell (and I don't know anyone who does). I just don't happen to like thr sort of pubs that offer "4 PINTS OF CARLING/JOHN SMITHS FOR £8" and "MAIN MEALS: £2.50" all over the outside. According to you I'm about the only one.
Of course I have, but I wouldnt then attempt to tell someone who uses it regualarly that it's still like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here