Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's your local?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
The White Hart in Ludford Lincs, 4 real ales changed weekly all £2.60 a pint . Also serves Wartsiener lager and stowford cider .

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Symposium in Idle, cracking food and lots of real ales and decent lagers from about £2.20 a pint, although the do one beer that's £4.02 per pint, can't remember it's name, cloudy Belgian that comes in its own fancy glass... (bloody strong too!)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The Mitchells Arms in Horsham and for those that know it. YES IT IS STILL THE MITCHELL, The Malt Shovel wont wash with me.

Another vote for here although technically my local is the Sussex Barn the atmosphere, beer and tv screens all win for the Malt Shovel (sorry TT relatively new to Horsham).

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
In exile from Sussex, The Turks Head, St Helens is a good consolation and I am glad to call it my local. Former runner up in CAMRA Pub of the Year (not bad for a hard to find back street local) 8-12 real ales (£2.50 a pint) on; plus exotic lagers such as Erdinger and Fruli for them as likes that sort of thing, plus real cider too. As a rabid Albion Fan in the land of Rugby League my passion is smiled on, but respected.

The Turks Head Pub in St.Helens

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Just started using Moorings at Pevensey Bay, good food and real ales at £2 a pint, if just out for a pint Castle at Pevensey Bay, very good real ale

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hove is crap for good pubs. At one end of my road I have The Sussex but the nearest are either the abominations on George Street or The Seafield.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The Lockwood in Huddersfield

Good mate of mine from lived just up the road, and that was his local. Scabbo's who went thieving sold they're shit in there, including joints of meat to the landlady..!
Went in there when we played Leeds years ago, and also went close by for a beer in some 'Pheonix Nights' con-club type place. 6 of us, 3 drinks each, and the southerners were getting out the £20 notes, to be be amazed at getting change from £25..

back to topic.

The Railway, Tulse Hill, SE27 - Owned by a family of Palace season tix holders..

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
My local in terms of location is The Burrell Arms in Haywards Heath. Anyone who knows the area will know that no right thinking person would set foot in there out of choice. Therefore, my actual 'local' is The Stand Up Inn in Lindfield. Lovely Dark Star pub in a lovely village, where you can also bowl over to The Red Lion, The White Horse, The Bent Arms or The Witch in under 5 minutes walk.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Victoria behind Mornington Crescent or Cobden Arms in Camden Hight St.

Jimmy Grimble

why not give the stanmer park a go ?:D Or on a more serious note, the cleveland.

The Tap is better than these bushy, come on! You even know some who frequent from time to time?

Full of proper Albion fans!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The Hollybush at Denford, Nr Leek. Sit's by the canal.on a chilly day two log fire's and the customer's keep them going as the staff are to busy serving. Anything from 5 'real' beer's plus all the other's.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
My local in terms of location is The Burrell Arms in Haywards Heath. Anyone who knows the area will know that no right thinking person would set foot in there out of choice. Therefore, my actual 'local' is The Stand Up Inn in Lindfield. Lovely Dark Star pub in a lovely village, where you can also bowl over to The Red Lion, The White Horse, The Bent Arms or The Witch in under 5 minutes walk.
seriously, why ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here