Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well, looks like we have a new striker by Thursday!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Jan Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈjɑn vɛnnəɣoːʁ ɔvˈɦɛsəlɪŋk]; born 7 November 1978) is a Dutch footballer who currently is not with any club as well as having been a regular player for the Dutch national team as a striker. There have recently been rumours that he may join Gus Poyet's promotion-hopefuls Brighton and Hove Albion, who are expected to sign a big-name striker in the coming weeks. Paul Hayward aka Notters NSC

Nowt to do with me! Who the hell put that on there?

wiltshire seagull

Jun 26, 2010
Got it on a VERY reliable source which I CANNOT say anything more about, that we will by Thursday evening sign a certain Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink!! Released on a free by Hull at the end of last season he has been out of a contract and out of a club, been in talks with a few teams alot higher up than us but apparently he is extremely interested in coming down and thanks to Gus he's willing to take the pay cut and it's all just a formality from here on out!

You heard it here first! :clap::love:
"a very reliable source", ha ha :~)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No one knows f*** all trust me.

I freely admit my source is about as near to the first team sqaud as you can get, a good friend of mine is good friends with Steve Brown.
However i was reliably informed that Calderon HAD signed for Soton and wasnt coming back...so just goes to show really, unless you get it from the Great Gus's mouth i wouldnt beleive a word of it.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
How do you know they are false?

How do you know he hasnt been passed this information on?

Too many so called fans are too quick to leap down someones throat, As a fan I find it amusing and interesting/exciting, but even if I didnt no one deserves abuse and it's rude and not needed and if thats what albion fans have become im yet again embarrassed to be associated with a set of fans such as these.

That's pretty rich, coming from you.

If I could be arsed, I could find any number of posts from you down the years, in which you have hurled abuse at others, just for posting an opinion.

If someone posts a rumour on here then that person is fair game, until such time as he/she is proved right/wrong, at which time they either man up and admit they were wrong, or gloat long and hard.

Deal with it.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

If I could be arsed, I could find any number of posts from you down the years, in which you have hurled abuse at others, just for posting an opinion.

If someone posts a rumour on here then that person is fair game, until such time as he/she is proved right/wrong, at which time they either man up and admit they were wrong, or gloat long and hard.

Deal with it.

In this case, I hope the guy can do the latter! What a BIG signing he would be, and certainly improve our chances of going up as Champions.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Nowt to do with me! Who the hell put that on there?

Was this you as well?

"Brighton & Hove Albion

Vennegoor of Hesselink is due to put pen to paper on a one-year deal at the League One Club within the next few days. It is thought that a guaranteed first-team place, and the chance to work with one of the best young managers in the country, Gustavo Poyet, has lured Vennegoor of Hesselink to the South coast."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In fairness to Notters he is NOT the sort to punt around rumours like that either on here or other websites/forums.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Deal with it.

What I've written in the past has no baring on this situation, so deal with that.

So its justified people call him a tosser for posting a rumour?

Oh no, not the dreaded Northstand boredom award of digging up old threads from 2007-2009, you go ahead mate, you have a little tug on yourself while your doing it!

Why should they admit or have to do anything? They hear something and they post it on here...simples really.

A lot of fans on here do not represent the club in any form or have any sway or real connections...I know the ego of this board has grown, but now it seems that outsiders are not welcome unless they are part of the clique.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No one knows f*** all trust me.

I freely admit my source is about as near to the first team sqaud as you can get, a good friend of mine is good friends with Steve Brown.
However i was reliably informed that Calderon HAD signed for Soton and wasnt coming back...so just goes to show really, unless you get it from the Great Gus's mouth i wouldnt beleive a word of it.

Don't think I would believe Gus either! Wasn't it him who said 'I have no idea who Calderon will be playing for next season, but you have my word it won't be us' :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
NSC has always had a clique. You don't need to be part of it. I've never been in a clique, nor would i want to. No one on here is my pal either on here or in real life. The clique only annoys if you want to be a part of it.

As for this signing , what a statement that would make. The bit where the poster says he is willing to drop in wages seems odd to me as this bloke was a bit of a mercenary when negotiating contracts. He is also 31 so money to him must matter.

Hopefull but not optimistic on this rumour

larus

Don't think I would believe Gus either! Wasn't it him who said 'I have no idea who Calderon will be playing for next season, but you have my word it won't be us' :lol:

And therein lies the problem with 'inside information/rumours/gossip'. Things can change, and often will. Also, if someone knows that we've enquired about a player and tells someone else, they may interpret this as being in talks with them, this then gets passed on as we're about to sign them.

Just because someone posts a rumour on here which doesn't happen, doesn't make them a liar. Things can change in negotiations, or other parties can then make an enquiry to the same player which he prefers.

So many want to know what's 'going on' in the club; any snippet of gossp etc, but then they shoot the messenger. :shrug:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
What I've written in the past has no baring on this situation, so deal with that.

So its justified people call him a tosser for posting a rumour?

Oh no, not the dreaded Northstand boredom award of digging up old threads from 2007-2009, you go ahead mate, you have a little tug on yourself while your doing it!

Why should they admit or have to do anything? They hear something and they post it on here...simples really.

A lot of fans on here do not represent the club in any form or have any sway or real connections...I know the ego of this board has grown, but now it seems that outsiders are not welcome unless they are part of the clique.

Yeah right, OK then. Hypocricy is alive and well in your blinkered little world. Well done.

The point is that people are free, believe it or not, to post whatever they want, from behind the relative safety of their keyboard. This can be a completely unsubstantiated rumour or speculation over a signing, whatever.

That is the right of anyone who signs up for this or any other website. Similarly, other people, if they so wish, can then respond to that in whatever way they choose. They can call him/her a tosser, agree with the post or whatever. That is the great/shit thing about the internet.

That's what you need to 'deal' with.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Im so excited about this signing!,Ive just booked my tattoo for midday tomorrow morning. Got a feeling this one is going to hurt.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Spot on. Its the same at all levels of football even down to your park football on a saturday.

I never believe anyone is going to play for us until they have signed a form and are trotting out in our kit.. !

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yeah right, OK then. Hypocricy is alive and well in your blinkered little world. Well done.

The point is that people are free, believe it or not, to post whatever they want, from behind the relative safety of their keyboard. This can be a completely unsubstantiated rumour or speculation over a signing, whatever.

That is the right of anyone who signs up for this or any other website. Similarly, other people, if they so wish, can then respond to that in whatever way they choose. They can call him/her a tosser, agree with the post or whatever. That is the great/shit thing about the internet.

That's what you need to 'deal' with.

Oh,well said sir..!! With immaculate punctuation my i add...:flounce:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have got a feeling something big is about to happen, dont know what but this could just be right. It really does not matter what names people come up with, big names or small, some people will either say" he is shit, dont want him" or " we got no chance of getting him"....The fact is we will get someone, the money I belive is there and Imho it will be a statement signing, so who knows. The Poyet factor may just make this belivable.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
How do you know it is "bullshit"? Even when someone posts something they know to be correct, and it them comes out as the truth, they still have to put up with abuse in the meantime, purely because some "know it all" arseholes think they know better.

History tells us 99% of rumours are bullshit.

I think you'll find if someone offered you a chocolate and for the first 99 chocolates they turned out to be made of shit, by the 100th one you'd be over being offered fake chocolates made of shit on the off chance you might get a chocolate actually made of chocolate.

Or maybe not...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here