[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Trains shitshow

Lucky you ! The P&R buses were a shambles yesterday. Took 20 minutes for a single one to turn up at Mill Road yesterday when normally theres 3 or 4 queued at 1pm. Coming back was worse - standing in the heat for an hour. And even when you did manage to get on all the windows were open so the A/C couldn't do it's job. Thinking about Seagulls Travel next season.

I’d recommend it. Fully air conditioned coach with a toilet and water fountain and was out the coach park by 17:20 [emoji1303]

Oh and why wait till next season, you can still buy a coach season ticket now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There were times a few years back, for evening games, where I caught a Worthing - Brighton train that, presumably, started in Littlehampton that then turned into a service to Lewes (or somewhere similar) including a stop at Falmer.

So, although it wasn't a timetabled Littlehampton - Falmer service, it was possible to remain on one train for the entire journey.

I think those ITK on here of all train type things may have suggested that sort of movement across all the Brighton lines are quite difficult logistically. But, as you say, it would make a lot of sense for this to be properly accommodated if possible as it would keep a shit load of people out of the Brighton Station scrum.

Yes it would be pretty much impossible with anything longer than a 4 carriage train

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I'm a bit baffled by the people blaming the club for problems with the trains - Barber doesn't run the rail service!

I'm sure the club is doing its best to get SASTA working effectively but, having had more than a decade of commuting to London, I wouldn't be hopeful of any response.

I believe that SASTA is unique among train operating companies in that they get subsidies no matter how they perform - so there's no incentive to be co-operative. It's annoying, but it's scarcely the club's fault.

Of course poor train service is not Albions fault. Travel to Amex is peoples biggest gripe. Whether you like it or not PBs communication is good on nearly every subject. However never any mention of travel problems. Would just like to hear him say club are aware of problems and are in constant communication rail company, park and ride and seagull travel. Sorrry lack of communication on this subject does come over as not there concern as they are happy to have sold 30k plus tickets

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Trains shitshow

Of course poor train service is not Albions fault. Travel to Amex is peoples biggest gripe. Whether you like it or not PBs communication is good on nearly every subject. However never any mention of travel problems. Would just like to hear him say club are aware of problems and are in constant communication rail company, park and ride and seagull travel. Sorrry lack of communication on this subject does come over as not there concern as they are happy to have sold 30k plus tickets

?? No idea if he could be doing more. But the idea that transport is a blind spot in terms of comms - or that they aren’t aware of , for example , strike impacts now and talking to Southern, or don’t step in aggressively when it breaks down completely (not often thankfully) is a bit of a stretch. Look at his anger here - from 2016 admittedly but shows how they will intervene if they can.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/149...n-see-the-hell-that-was-the-amex-last-friday/

PS there were 21 questions at the Fan Forum. Not one was about transport - even if time was spent on poems and praising Potter.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unusually I was sick in the night and got cramps in my legs. Wouldn't be surprised if I got a touch of sunstroke yesterday, standing in that queue with the sun beating down on me for 40-odd minutes. I felt bloody exhausted when I got home.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unusually I was sick in the night and got cramps in my legs. Wouldn't be surprised if I got a touch of sunstroke yesterday, standing in that queue with the sun beating down on me for 40-odd minutes. I felt bloody exhausted when I got home.

Sounds like it …take it easy today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going to continue with my ‘park and walk’ strategy…….good exercise, and very little variation in the time it takes to travel - was home by 6pm yesterday. Even the walk (in the ‘35 min’ spot yesterday but I use another that’s about an hour each way sometimes) wasn’t too bad in the breeze.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going to continue with my ‘park and walk’ strategy…….good exercise, and very little variation in the time it takes to travel - was home by 6pm yesterday. Even the walk (in the ‘35 min’ spot yesterday but I use another that’s about an hour each way sometimes) wasn’t too bad in the breeze.

Trying to think of a 'park and cycle' strategy.

Does anyone know of the sweet spot to park that's:-

Coming from the West.
Easy access to and from A27
Outside of the restriction zone.
Legitimate place/road (not 'well despite the sign I've never been clamped)
Close to the cycle path, that takes you to The Bridge car park

I basically want to park at Mithras House!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As with the shambolic Bridge car park... it is one hour, 19 times a year. They are not going to do anything about it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trying to think of a 'park and cycle' strategy.

Does anyone know of the sweet spot to park that's:-

Coming from the West.
Easy access to and from A27
Outside of the restriction zone.
Legitimate place/road (not 'well despite the sign I've never been clamped)
Close to the cycle path, that takes you to The Bridge car park

I basically want to park at Mithras House!

Talking about cycles….the racks were full….and some of us had to be pretty inventive finding something to padlock our bike’s against

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Talking about cycles….the racks were full….and some of us had to be pretty inventive finding something to padlock our bike’s against

images.jpeg

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

What time did you arrive yesterday?

I'm thinking of giving cycling a go from Shoreham. Got to the ground quite early yesterday and there were some racks available then but would soon have filled up. I see they've also got a load of 'racks' where you just push your wheel into them. I don't like those personally and you can't exactly lock the bike up as you should to be secure.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What time did you arrive yesterday?

I'm thinking of giving cycling a go from Shoreham. Got to the ground quite early yesterday and there were some racks available then but would soon have filled up. I see they've also got a load of 'racks' where you just push your wheel into them. I don't like those personally and you can't exactly lock the bike up as you should to be secure.

2.40pm ….i have used the ones you mention and personally never had a problem with it not feeling secure enough using cable and padlock…be interesting to hear if others have had issues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports