Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pound 4 Pompey Appeal?

Lakedry

Aug 13, 2011
I'd like to think that the whole notion behind any Fans United aspect of football fraternity is helping fans of other clubs help themselves (like we did with Wrexham and Plymouth) - NOT in helping other clubs.

If there was a Portsmouth fans' movement who wished to graps the nettle and take on this whole sorry affair to a satisfactory conclusion, I would be first in the queue to assist. Sadly, I see none. If there is one, I have not heard of it, or they have not shouted loudly enough.

Additionally, the figures we're talking about here is chasing good money after bad and wouldn't have any desired effect, aside from maybe some Brighton fans thinking 'well, we tried...'.

There is the supporters trust at Pompey doing what they can.....but here's the rub that football fans should take notice of.......this issue at Portsmouth is not like the old days. It' not about a few local folk standing around with buckets to collect a few million......these are major sums which average fans couldn't hope to collect. International off balance sheet dealings so complex that they have hoodwinked professional administrators, due dilligence experts and the courts. The pompey supporters trust hasn't made enough noise outside of Portsmouth but the fact is....it wouldn't have made any difference if they had.

Football fans need to be aware of what is coming next.....to a ground near you.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There is the supporters trust at Pompey doing what they can.....but here's the rub that football fans should take notice of.......this issue at Portsmouth is not like the old days. It' not about a few local folk standing around with buckets to collect a few million......these are major sums which average fans couldn't hope to collect. International off balance sheet dealings so complex that they have hoodwinked professional administrators, due dilligence experts and the courts. The pompey supporters trust hasn't made enough noise outside of Portsmouth but the fact is....it wouldn't have made any difference if they had.

What would you like to see happen? a big question i appreciate to answer

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Maybe I'm being too caring here, but I'm just thinking of their supporters. How would we be feeling if we were in their shoes?

I think we'd feel sick because we should have realised that paying huge wages after having gone into administration twice was surely usustainable and I would be regretting not having done something - anything - about it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

So... would it be better for the supporters, the community and the city if the club was liquidated, the whole cancer done away with and the supporters effectively starting again?

Or is that too simple?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I'll give a pound for Portsmouth but for that sort of money I'll expect to own the whole city not just the football club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We would be better of raising the money to support a club by club bid by fans of all clubs to campaign against the FA,to ask the questions that really matter

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just a quick question-if somebody who is on you ignore list starts a thread.do you see it

You see the thread but not the preview when you mouse over it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I normally agree with Tooting, but I couldn't disagree more on this point. They have f*cked over
too many people, too many times. They wouldn't get a pound off me and it would piss me off to see
buckets collecting money for them

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bullsh*t. Gutless. You just thought everyone would agree with you, and couldn't handle another view. If you react like that every time someone disagrees with you, enjoy looking at a blank message board some time very soon.

Not bullshit and not gutless either-simply weary of your pomposity. Just for your information: I'm not looking for 'everyone to agree with me'. If you think that's the case then you've mistaken me for somebody who gives a shit what you think about me. You still haven't given the reason for singling me out-are you afraid some of the other posters might react slightly differently or are you the gutless one?

Enjoy the ride on your high horse.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's OK. Swearing definitely belongs in the 'Go Blue' campaign.

Now THAT'S the kind of thinking they need. A swear box in every office/club dressing room in the country. Loads of publicity about Pompey as well as the general plight of football finances. It's fun. Could raise lots of money.

Although I appreciate that things have probably gone too far now.

Football, like the England team, needs a hero to kick ass.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If money could be raised to replace the revolving door of dodgy owners, and reclaim the club and it's reputation, then great.

But just so that any cash raised can be sucked into some crook's bank account, then not really interested to be honest.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Portsmouth are a horrible club. I look forward to see the money-stealing, tax-dodging, thuggy, cheating weasels going under.

I would gladly help Wrexham, Plymouth and even Darlington, but Pompey? Just throw them the bucket, and they can sell it on eBay for 50 times its face value.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Portsmouth are a horrible club. I look forward to see the money-stealing, tax-dodging, thuggy, cheating weasels going under.

I would gladly help Wrexham, Plymouth and even Darlington, but Pompey? Just throw them the bucket, and they can sell it on eBay for 50 times its face value.
This. f*** pompey and f*** their fans. Alot of you can waste your money i wont be giving them a penny.horrible club hope they rot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here