Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pound 4 Pompey Appeal?

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
If we melted this down we could make lots of pound coins:

article-0-014923D900000578-866_306x423.jpg

They can melt that f***ing BELL down for a start, not that it will get them any money but it will make me feel a whoooooooole lot better.

As for the collection, I'll donate a song, it goes "f*** off P*mp*y, P*mp*y f*** off".

If you hadn't guessed, I don't like them.
Edit - let me make this a bit clearer. I detest them, more than the Croydon inbreds.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Sorry, but I won't be donating. Portsmouth have cheated for too long, they didn't learn their lesson from the last time they went into administration, so f**k 'em.
The fans might lose their club in it's current incarnation , but another team representing Portsmouth will arise from the ashes. If they have to start at the bottom of the football pyramid it will be a test of the loyalty of the so-called "best fans in the country". Aldershot had to start in div 3 of the Ryman League when they went skint, but the fans stayed with them and they've made it back into the FL.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Supporters' Club and volunteers seated inside each of the stands could collect in & around ALL the concourses.

Have you contacted the club about collecting inside the Amex? I think you'll find that the Club's policy on collections inside the ground will make this a non starter.

The best thing we can do for Portsmouth is to let them go down the swanee. Let them form another club to join the lower leagues and work its way up, as Wimbledon have done. That's when we can provide support.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I take it from the responses so far that it's a no then?

I'm in the Portsmouth deserve nothing from us camp A bucket collection for what purpose? To help poor Kitson make up his pay? They can fall out of the league and start again which is what should happen after their third administration.

I like the 4p in the pound idea

You are an utter disgrace on this issue, and I am embarrased you are an Albion fan. How can you gloat in their problems like this after what we have been through?

No two situations are ever the same. Has there been gross financial mismanagement over years there? Of course there has. Should they be paying Kitson £20k a week, and have been paying Lawrence £30k a week? Of course not, it is madness. They should have sold all of them, bought some cheap players, ensuring relegation but survival. But that is NOT the fans' fault.

I have read some complete drivel on here about 'they should have known, they were milking the good times'. And? What are we doing now? They didn't know what was going on.

Not for one second do I doubt Tony Bloom - but what do you REALLY know about his finances. Who could ever know as a fan.

If you, or anyone else, starts glorying in Portsmouth's predicament on Saturday in my vicinity, expect a load of abuse.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Just a random Sunday morning thought, should we not do a 'Pound 4 Pompey' Appeal bucket collection next Saturday? Given what we have been through, I think we should do something. Given we should have a 20,000 crowd, the scale of our bucket collections is on a different level to Withdean. If we could raise £10,000 that would be phenonominal.

If this or something similar has been posted, sorry please ignore!

But just because we have The Amex and are in a good place, I feel we should do something to help - it's not the Pompey fans' fault.

Supporters' Club and volunteers seated inside each of the stands could collect in & around ALL the concourses.

We need a list of who could help & in which stand - each brings at least one bucket. We print the 'Pound 4 Pompey' labels - and off we go. We meet outside say Dick's Bar, stick the labels on the buckets and start collecting from 1.30pm outside The Amex and then move into the concourses pre KO and at half/full time.

Just because we are financially secure, we must not cease to ignore others.

Thoughts?

If you're the one person with a bucket next week I'll be the one laughing at you as I walk past

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This club have cheated their fellow football clubs, they have cheated other fans, they have cheated local businesses and they have cheated the taxpayer, not a penny from me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My pound will be going towards a nice fat pie.Not sure what flavor yet though.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Heartless the lot of you I am in full agreement with the bucket idea we should all dig deep and full the buckets to the brim. Then go to the bookies and stick the f***ing lot on some f***ing knackered old horse who is just about to die. Would it not be the same outcome by giving it to pompey.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I am in the camp that Pompey are in great need of some assistance from the football community the only problem as previouslly mentioned £20K is a drop in the ocean and the monies will only have already been spent by the time the funds reach the club.

Sad, sad times for football and Pompey fans, the fans don't deserve this, we have been there and they have my sympathy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I touched on this on the other thread, whilst I have little sympathy for the club it self, I do feel sorry for the fans, it's them that will suffer when the club goes under.
Ok they are pretty quiet on the subject but maybe the are just waiting for the inevitable to happen.
Like PNFE says any collection will be a drop in the ocean towards the debt, but it would go a long way to starting up a new club. From the ashes I'm sure an AFC Portsmouth will arise.

My thoughts:

a) it's a futile gesture and even £1M is a drop in the ocean. £10k wouldn't be worth the hassle.
b) who would the money go to? Players on £30k a week or gun-running owners? Can you guarantee it won't just get swallowed up?
c) Where are all the Pompey fans' protests? Why should I care if they don't?
d) there's very little goodwill with the Pompey situation. It is different to Wrexham and Plymouth.
e) in reality you'll raise £1000 at most.

Have to agree with both of these. The best thing for Portsmouth in the long run will be to fold and then a new club arise in the lower leagues just like Aldershot and Wimbledon. Genuine fans will follow them and the plastics will join in when they get back to the league. At least it would ensure they hold one title for a number of years, the biggest city without a league club!!!! As for bailing them out till the end of the season, surely messrs Gold and Sullivan should be dipping in their pockets as they have most to lose.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
You are an utter disgrace on this issue, and I am embarrased you are an Albion fan. How can you gloat in their problems like this after what we have been through?

No two situations are ever the same. Has there been gross financial mismanagement over years there? Of course there has. Should they be paying Kitson £20k a week, and have been paying Lawrence £30k a week? Of course not, it is madness. They should have sold all of them, bought some cheap players, ensuring relegation but survival. But that is NOT the fans' fault.

I have read some complete drivel on here about 'they should have known, they were milking the good times'. And? What are we doing now? They didn't know what was going on.

Not for one second do I doubt Tony Bloom - but what do you REALLY know about his finances. Who could ever know as a fan.

If you, or anyone else, starts glorying in Portsmouth's predicament on Saturday in my vicinity, expect a load of abuse.

Hope you are not in the family stand, coz I reckon you may well be swearing one hell of a lot!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hope you are not in the family stand, coz I reckon you may well be swearing one hell of a lot!!

It's OK. Swearing definitely belongs in the 'Go Blue' campaign.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have your abuse thesaurus at the ready, because you'll be getting through a lot of words, on Saturday.
There is no way you won't be near someone/people glorying in Portsmouth's predicament[/I ].
No doubt the fans have been REPEATEDLY screwed over, chasing something they couldn't afford.
But worse still, postured appallingly when everyone else knew the foundations were built on sand.

If you screw over The St John's Ambulance, something so embarrassing the fans had to paid off the debt, you can't expect everyone else to come running in your latest hour of need.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is he really? A lot of us have started feeling like this as Pompey continue to take the piss while their fans just talk about pushing for promotion.
Should they be paying Kitson £20k a week, and have been paying Lawrence £30k a week? Of course not, it is madness. They should have sold all of them, bought some cheap players, ensuring relegation but survival. But that is NOT the fans' fault.
Did the fans protest every game asking the club to sell these players so their may be a chance of survival? No, they talked about promotion.
:lol: Given that our owner (who we know exists) has spent his own money, interest free, on a new ground, we have no reason to think our spending is out of control. Pompey fans did know what was going on, they were concerned but did little about it. And you think you can compare their hundreds of million pound spending spree good times with our current position? We've barely spent anything on players.

Yes there are examples where a fan would be surprised to find their owners were taking the piss and running up debt. Pompey is not one of these examples.
I guess I'd better think twice then.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Maybe it's not the fan's fault, but they were happy to bask in the glory when they made it to the Premier League and won the FA Cup, so now they have to accept the bad times. They seem to think they have some God given right to stay in the top two divisions. They must have short memories as back in the late 70's they were in the old Fourth Division.
People keep saying " the fans will suffer", but if Pompey survive in their current form but get relegated, is that really so bad? Even if they drop out of the League a reformed team will emerge and the true fans will stick with them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Heartless the lot of you I am in full agreement with the bucket idea we should all dig deep and full the buckets to the brim. Then go to the bookies and stick the f***ing lot on some f***ing knackered old horse who is just about to die. Would it not be the same outcome by giving it to pompey.
No. The horse would still have a chance.

Only worth considering if money could go direct to non- playing ex-staff who have been made redundant or staff under threat of redundancy. Plymouth fans made a similar request and people were very supportive of that idea. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any Pompey fans group who care enough about the people who lost their jobs to ensure that is how any money is used.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Unlike most Albion supporters I've got a soft spot for Pompey - as my Grandfather played for the club with great distinction & was the Trainer there when they won the FA Cup & League Championship back in the day. That said, I bet the old fella's been turning in his grave after their criminal mismanagement. I'm sure the best thing they can do is start from square one now as a new incarnation of the proud & honorable club they once were (albeit many decades ago). Consequently I won't be sticking any money into a bucket on Saturday, but I will be wishing their supporters well in their bid to eventually have a club that's a credit to their passion & commitment.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Only worth considering if money could go direct to non- playing ex-staff who have been made redundant or staff under threat of redundancy. Plymouth fans made a similar request and people were very supportive of that idea. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any Pompey fans group who care enough about the people who lost their jobs to ensure that is how any money is used.

like this as an option

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here