Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pound 4 Pompey Appeal?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Only got through the first page & a half before I'd had enough.

Let's put it another selfish way for the sake of our club.

We beat Pompy on Saturday and they go bust before the season finishes, losing US 6 points, and possibly a playoff spot too.

Who are you lot going to blame then? Pompy still? NO, blame yourselfs for not doing something to help ourselfs.

Bet you voted for the Liberal Democrats, huh?

Edit: Green Party?

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Better off doing a collection for the damage they'll inevitably do to the AMEX.

No point in billing Portsmouth FC, really.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
My thoughts:

a) it's a futile gesture and even £1M is a drop in the ocean. £10k wouldn't be worth the hassle.
b) who would the money go to? Players on £30k a week or gun-running owners? Can you guarantee it won't just get swallowed up?
c) Where are all the Pompey fans' protests? Why should I care if they don't?
d) there's very little goodwill with the Pompey situation. It is different to Wrexham and Plymouth.
e) in reality you'll raise £1000 at most.

totally agree with(d, b& c), and also, why not just give it to the st. john's instead who are owed money that they will never receive due to the wronguns down the road

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think it is pretty emotive for Pompey fans at the moment and I trust that all the vehement criticisms of them on here will die out in and around the pubs of Brighton prior to and after kick off or I suspect a few Albion fans will get more than a few choice words back in return.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think it is pretty emotive for Pompey fans at the moment and I trust that all the vehement criticisms of them on here will die out in and around the pubs of Brighton prior to and after kick off or I suspect a few Albion fans will get more than a few choice words back in return.

Yes, lets keep on indulging their 'head in the sand' attitude about their serial debts. If all else fails a complete refusal to recognise the seriousness of the situation....etc. I'm sorry but I know several mostly sensible Pompey fans very well and have sympathised with them at times over recent years - but it never ceases to amaze me how they are happy to turn a blind eye in the hope that something will crop up, rather than do something about it themselves. Yet they are the very people (and those local businesses) that have been ripped off by their Club. They can't even be asked to read 'Build a Bonfire'. If they show some acknowledgement of their predicament and get off their arses to do something effective then maybe I'll ease off on them. They remind me of alcoholics or druggies that will do anything to get their next fix except face the reality of their situation.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, lets keep on indulging their 'head in the sand' attitude about their serial debts. If all else fails a complete refusal to recognise the seriousness of the situation....etc. I'm sorry but I know several mostly sensible Pompey fans very well and have sympathised with them at times over recent years - but it never ceases to amaze me how they are happy to turn a blind eye in the hope that something will crop up, rather than do something about it themselves. Yet they are the very people (and those local businesses) that have been ripped off by their Club. They can't even be asked to read 'Build a Bonfire'. If they show some acknowledgement of their predicament and get off their arses to do something effective then maybe I'll ease off on them. They remind me of alcoholics or druggies that will do anything to get their next fix except face the reality of their situation.

Maybe they can march on Chainrai or Gaydamack,s house and play the violin for a while. I am waiting to hear advice on how Pompey fans can influence things. No I really am.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
All in all, Saturday could turn out to be rather interesting - especially for the anthropologists amongst us.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I would rather finger my mum than give Pompey a quid

:lol: And I thought my piss in their bucket remark was insulting! That's marvellous :D

I'd rather finger your bum while you finger your mum whilst standing in the middle of Selhurst park as a 3 legged dog licks my balls than give a solitary penny to the cheating Hampshire skate tossers. There I think that's offensive enough. :)

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
:lol: And I thought my piss in their bucket remark was insulting! That's marvellous :D

I'd rather finger your bum while you finger your mum whilst standing in the middle of Selhurst park as a 3 legged dog licks my balls than give a solitary penny to the cheating Hampshire skate tossers. There I think that's offensive enough. :)

Funny thing is they couldn't give a flying f'ck about you lot anyway, the only rivarly you have is with a club 40 miles north.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.....why not just give it to the st. john's instead who are owed money that they will never receive due to the wronguns down the road[/QUOTE said:
good call

Can't do it, sorry - nothing against Pompey and would put money into any club if it kept it alive, but these is too much like a Heroin addict asking for £20 for food, when you know they have a history of always spending it on smack. The intentions are good, but you just know they are going to do it all again.

without going through all 8 pages, this is it for me, Stand near the station with a bucket for Pompey if you like, but if someone is standing next to them with a bucket for Oxfam/Save the children/REMF etc I'd bet whose back aches first

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Presuming you don't do that anyway, your club has been in this situation before much like us, so they need all the help they can get.

Sorry, but our club has never been in administration. We did the HONEST thing and sold our players, and played youth teamers and knackered journeymen on peanuts, so we could PAY our tax bill and avoid a winding up orer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here