[Albion] Potter In or Out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter in or Our?

• Total voters

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m a yes on this.

I think a full crowd may have cheered us on to victory against Wolves and maybe some of the other draws. I’m certain that the ref for the Man Utd game would not have played 2mins Fergie time with 27,500 fans screaming for the whistle; he should have blown up almost immediately after Solly’s equaliser.

100% agree.

Everyone bangs on about our home record, but playing with no fans takes away a huge part of home advantage. I don’t understand how people can’t see that.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
potter.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from twitter

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A big window for Potter now.

And the Fulham game could spell the end for him if we lose it.

But I just think we are destined for a bottom 5 relegation battle forever now - and these last 3.5 seasons have certainly felt like forever - so little point in replacing him anyway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The second half wasn’t a Potter master class in football management we got lucky with an early penalty.

So we have scored five goals in two games which blows out the theory if only we could score we would be top six. Our squad is plenty good enough to not be where we are unfortunately Potter isn’t good enough to manage us. Bizarre team selections two home games running, Arsenal really annoyed me the man threw the game for whatever reason with one of the worst Albion PL 11.

No wins against WBA and SU where other teams take the three points smile and move on I just can’t see how we will win enough games now tbh.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I can’t decide anymore, I was certain we’d get something yesterday and we did... kudos re the HT changes to GP and the effort and desire from the boys to drag us back from the brink. I have to caveat that with my gut feeling that yesterday was more about the players than a GP (second half tactical master class) - now, it’s great that they showed commitment to the cause and by the same token blew the assertion of a divided or lost dressing room out of the water, BUT it felt like watching a far more direct version of Potterball, more a last resort than an actual shift in tactical approach. If we revert to type (let’s forget City) against Leeds we’ll be a damp squib yet again... I sincerely hope GP saw a way of playing that he can replicate for 90 mins rather than the mid-slow tempo predictable dross we keep seeing all too often.

Fight, desire and a system that benefits our players and (yes) get Ben White out of sodding midfield! Then I believe we can beat the drop again, but GP needs to watch that second half again and again and devise a plan to play like that every week and fast.

All of that said, yesterday felt like a win, confidence will have surged and the momentum must be maintained at Newport (vital for me!) Let’s approach that like we want it for once - hammer them and Lord only knows what might happen vs City or indeed the mighty Leeds utd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The second half wasn’t a Potter master class in football management we got lucky with an early penalty.

So we have scored five goals in two games which blows out the theory if only we could score we would be top six. Our squad is plenty good enough to not be where we are unfortunately Potter isn’t good enough to manage us. Bizarre team selections two home games running, Arsenal really annoyed me the man threw the game for whatever reason with one of the worst Albion PL 11.

No wins against WBA and SU where other teams take the three points smile and move on I just can’t see how we will win enough games now tbh.

One of the worst ever Albion 11s? Oh please, we lost 1-0. You sound like a right newbie, though you are clearly not that new. Did you rock up when we started doing well around 2012, or is that just your NSC join date?

Were you at the Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff games? SO SO SO much worse, as were most of our away games for two seasons

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can’t decide anymore, I was certain we’d get something yesterday and we did... kudos re the HT changes to GP and the effort and desire from the boys to drag us back from the brink. I have to caveat that with my gut feeling that yesterday was more about the players than a GP (second half tactical master class) - now, it’s great that they showed commitment to the cause and by the same token blew the assertion of a divided or lost dressing room out of the water, BUT it felt like watching a far more direct version of Potterball, more a last resort than an actual shift in tactical approach. If we revert to type (let’s forget City) against Leeds we’ll be a damp squib yet again... I sincerely hope GP saw a way of playing that he can replicate for 90 mins rather than the mid-slow tempo predictable dross we keep seeing all too often.

Fight, desire and a system that benefits our players and (yes) get Ben White out of sodding midfield! Then I believe we can beat the drop again, but GP needs to watch that second half again and again and devise a plan to play like that every week and fast.

All of that said, yesterday felt like a win, confidence will have surged and the momentum must be maintained at Newport (vital for me!) Let’s approach that like we want it for once - hammer them and Lord only knows what might happen vs City or indeed the mighty Leeds utd.

Kosh, your posts are getting VERY confusing, you are sounding very fickle too! Just get behind him and hold the concern until we are fecked!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
200 for In now, up on the post Arsenal poll.

Please can you tell me what’s changed in the last 90 minutes?

Have to hold my hands up and say after the Arsenal line up and subsequent reversal i had gone from in to out in a fit of pique, now after a few days to reconsider, plus GP's selection of a better starting 11 and a better outcome and performance i'm back on board, obviously excluding the individual errors which lead to all Wolves goals yesterday, which i suppose in reality all goals could be avoided if mistakes / errors are not made. None the less a far better outcome and overall performance and going by the statement of Maupay after the game perhaps unity and #together is returning to the management and squad, which i think has been missing for some time and i might add not before time. they're in it together as we as fans are normally and hopefully will be again in the not too distant future.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kosh, your posts are getting VERY confusing, you are sounding very fickle too! Just get behind him and hold the concern until we are fecked!

I know, akin to the GP selection policy I’m all over the shop, riding an emotional rollercoaster not quite laughing not quite crying... just the look of a slightly fey madman etched across my features... whilst my hair, well it’s better not to speak of it.

I’m not fickle, that I must contest strongly! Far more the little cheeky pixie up to mischief... dizzy on dandelion juice and petunia pollen... I can’t see straight anymore.

But see how I dance, loin cloth flappery of the best kind - see, up on the dew soaked grassy meadow yonder..

Join me... it’s... blisssss.

Put your left leg in,
Your left leg out..

In

Out

In

Out

Shake it all about!!

I knew a man, who knew a man who played the pipes of pan... etc.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I know, akin to the GP selection policy I’m all over the shop, riding an emotional rollercoaster not quite laughing not quite crying... just the look of a slightly fey madman etched across my features... whilst my hair, well it’s better not to speak of it.

I’m not fickle, that I must contest strongly! Far more the little cheeky pixie up to mischief... dizzy on dandelion juice and petunia pollen... I can’t see straight anymore.

But see how I dance, loin cloth flappery of the best kind - see, up on the dew soaked grassy meadow yonder..

Join me... it’s... blisssss.

:rotlf:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One of the worst ever Albion 11s? Oh please, we lost 1-0. You sound like a right newbie, though you are clearly not that new. Did you rock up when we started doing well around 2012, or is that just your NSC join date?

Were you at the Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff games? SO SO SO much worse, as were most of our away games for two seasons
Yeah that’s it 2012 :tosser: I’ve probably seen more relegations than most on here and we are cruising towards another one. The difference is this one could of been avoided the squad isn’t as bad as the results suggest just badly managed.

Anyway answer the question Potter master class or early pen?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah that’s it 2012 :tosser: I’ve probably seen more relegations than most on here and we are cruising towards another one. The difference is this one could of been avoided the squad isn’t as bad as the results suggest just badly managed.

Anyway answer the question Potter master class or early pen?

Save the abuse for when we are down, if you must, eh?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021

Arsenal and Leeds have both lost more games this season than us. We're not cannon fodder like a relegation bound team tends to be. We're competing in all our games now. How does drawing 3-3 with Wolves tell you we're getting relegated whilst we're not even in the relegation zone? Yes, we've only won 2 games so far this season, but the 3 teams below us have only won 3 games between them this season. A draw is a good result at this end of the table if you haven't noticed.

I've only witnessed 3 relegations with the Albion, but all 3 of those season were us getting ridiculously outplayed by the opposition, game after game. It was almost a relief to go down back then as you knew you'd be watching your team with more possession involved in more competitive matches than the walkovers we were enduring. This season is nothing like those last 3 relegation seasons. The difference this season is all we have to do is turn these draws into wins. Usually when you're cruising towards relegation, you're trying to turn loses into draws. That's not us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
100% agree.

Everyone bangs on about our home record, but playing with no fans takes away a huge part of home advantage. I don’t understand how people can’t see that.

Does that explain why we're performing better away ? Apparently the stats don't back it up generaly, it's just us being a bit shit

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Allardyce might be available again then! He was labelled as the big potential saviour and "safe option" about a month ago, not heard a lot about it recently. Wonder what happened.

I never suggested him. WBA should never have sacked SB in the first place. He's arguably the best manager of the three right now.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I never suggested him. WBA should never have sacked SB in the first place. He's arguably the best manager of the three right now.

this is accurate. I'd take Slaven in a heartbeat

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Allardyce might be available again then! He was labelled as the big potential saviour and "safe option" about a month ago, not heard a lot about it recently. Wonder what happened.

Underestimate Big Sam at your Peril.

His feet are hardly under the table yet - Wait till he gets into the Transfer Market and then judge the guy.

. Three or four additions to his Squad could change things massively for him so people gleefully rubbing their hands might be a bit premature. He doesn't have a magic Wand to go in there and make bang average players better players but what he can do is bring in better players and by doing so could create a totally different proposition when it comes to their Relegation Fight.

They aint cut adrift just yet so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet. If it was Graham Potter going in their you would be claiming that he needs a bit of time to get some players in to give himself a fighting chance.

Sam's methods work - He just needs the Personnel to make them work, which he doesn't have just yet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Underestimate Big Sam at your Peril.

His feet are hardly under the table yet - Wait till he gets into the Transfer Market and then judge the guy.

. Three or four additions to his Squad could change things massively for him so people gleefully rubbing their hands might be a bit premature. He doesn't have a magic Wand to go in there and make bang average players better players but what he can do is bring in better players and by doing so could create a totally different proposition when it comes to their Relegation Fight.

They aint cut adrift just yet so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet. If it was Graham Potter going in their you would be claiming that he needs a bit of time to get some players in to give himself a fighting chance.

Sam's methods work - He just needs the Personnel to make them work, which he doesn't have just yet.

He is a good manager but I believe this time around he is the wrong man in the wrong place and think it would have been the same in Brighton. Not many of todays PL squads are fit for allardycing. A lot has happened in the few years he's been away.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He is a good manager but I believe this time around he is the wrong man in the wrong place and think it would have been the same in Brighton. Not many of todays PL squads are fit for allardycing. A lot has happened in the few years he's been away.

He will overhaul that team in the Transfer window and West Brom will Fund it because Financially it makes sense to do so if they can stay up. I admit he has a lot of points to make up but there is still enough games availlable especially when teams like Brighton and Fulham are not exactly racking up many Victories themselves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports