Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out

Potter in or Our?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Had one foot out the door at half-time but decided it looked even chillier out there. So back in.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I bet Fulham and West Brom fans didn’t enjoy that second half. West Brom in particular looked awful again yesterday. POTTER IN.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No fence option so voted out.
As much as he gets credit for the half time turnround, one positive and forward thinking half isnt enough for me to change my position when looked at against the run of results since jan 2020 which have not been good enough.
And frankly if he gets deserved credit for the change then he takes the blame for the first half. Selecting burn was an accident waiting to happen and so it proved. After struggling against quick wide players against Leicester and Arsenal to put him up against the quickest premier league player was madness.
I feel for burn he was left exposed and it will take all of Potters supposed emotional intelligence to restore his confidence after that.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I like the fact that the football on display is a vast improvement and at times pleasing on the eye. Been a bit unlucky with injuries but the signings of Lallana and Welbeck was always a gamble, Potter's fault?
My main reason for fence is the continuous rotation of the starting XI, yes injuries have forced some changes but my issue is replace like for like, playing centre halves at full back or centre midfield is the old saying "like putting a square leg in a round hole".
Potter has been at the club long enough to know his best starting XI and formation but for me he doesn't and hence the tinkering week in week out.
I know I've been watching for years and compare the modern game to the 70's or 80's but didn't Liverpool win a double(might have been a treble?)with fifteen player's. Please just find your best team and stick to it and I will be totally Potter In and come off the fence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No fence option so voted out.
As much as he gets credit for the half time turnround, one positive and forward thinking half isnt enough for me to change my position when looked at against the run of results since jan 2020 which have not been good enough.
And frankly if he gets deserved credit for the change then he takes the blame for the first half. Selecting burn was an accident waiting to happen and so it proved. After struggling against quick wide players against Leicester and Arsenal to put him up against the quickest premier league player was madness.
I feel for burn he was left exposed and it will take all of Potters supposed emotional intelligence to restore his confidence after that.

Yep. Another player potentially ruined.

With Tau supposedly arriving and Andone potentially coming back in, and the improvement in our strikers last night, I think the signing of a proper actual left back is now pretty much mandatory in this window. Would also like to see a Makele style CDM if we feel Biss needs to be box to box as sticking White in midfield is also madness. Would actually call those two positions more critical than up front.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Assuming you missed the match? If not; watch the second half on repeat until it finally sinks in.

Didn’t miss it, are you telling me you saw enough in the 2nd half for us to finish 17th or above with the current management in place?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Didn’t miss it, are you telling me you saw enough in the 2nd half for us to finish 17th or above with the current management in place?

Firstly, I saw the fight needed that was lacking under Hughton when we got in trouble, there has been no Potter managed performance anywhere near as insipid as the Cardiff and Bournemouth home matches in 18/19. The players are clearly 100% behind Potter, Dunk’s post match interview told you everything you need to know about team spirit.

Secondly, Sheff Utd & West Brom are very poor teams and Fulham have had some astonishing luck recently, it’ll run out soon, they can’t score goals. I think we’ll finish above all three reasonably comfortably with the likes of Newcastle, Palace, Leeds or Burnley all capable of dropping into the relegation fight. If we beat Fulham and Leeds this month, any relegation fears I’ve got will almost disappear.

Thirdly, the areas of concern in the squad must be be obvious to everyone at the club Connolly injured again and Welbeck not fit. I think Tony will splash the cash on a striker as half a dozen or so are moved on. A natural finisher alongside the likes of Moder & Tau should give us yet another attacking dimension.

Lastly, the goal scoring problem is gradually disappearing. Dunk is scoring with his free headers again and looks a massive threat at set-pieces. Whilst Webster still hits the bar most matches, one or two of these headed shots will go in eventually. Maupay is not missing penalties anymore and Trossard seems to have stepped up with his deliveries.

I’m really looking forward to getting behind Tony and his Potter project this month. The club is a lot more ‘together’ than it was prior to kick off against Wolves as the poll shows. Together behind the club, Potter and his players. Why not join the positivity?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm still sitting with my feet on the pout side of the fence.

Potter makes the call on the starting line up formation tactics etc and got it ok Ish, in so far we came out the blocks ok and went one up. 9/10 for the first 15 minutes Predictably our game management was woeful and thereafter we collapsed to 3-1 at half time. 0/10 GP

2 enforced substitutions with obvious replacements a ten your old would have made, and a second half performance you'd expect to see most weeks from a side expecting to remain in any division. I'll give Potter some credit for that, but half of it goes to the players. It very much sounds like they fired themselves up for that as opposed to Major Pottinker.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Firstly, I saw the fight needed that was lacking under Hughton when we got in trouble, there has been no Potter managed performance anywhere near as insipid as the Cardiff and Bournemouth home matches in 18/19. The players are clearly 100% behind Potter, Dunk’s post match interview told you everything you need to know about team spirit.

Secondly, Sheff Utd & West Brom are very poor teams and Fulham have had some astonishing luck recently, it’ll run out soon, they can’t score goals. I think we’ll finish above all three reasonably comfortably with the likes of Newcastle, Palace, Leeds or Burnley all capable of dropping into the relegation fight. If we beat Fulham and Leeds this month, any relegation fears I’ve got will almost disappear.

Thirdly, the areas of concern in the squad must be be obvious to everyone at the club Connolly injured again and Welbeck not fit. I think Tony will splash the cash on a striker as half a dozen or so are moved on. A natural finisher alongside the likes of Moder & Tau should give us yet another attacking dimension.

Lastly, the goal scoring problem is gradually disappearing. Dunk is scoring with his free headers again and looks a massive threat at set-pieces. Whilst Webster still hits the bar most matches, one or two of these headed shots will go in eventually. Maupay is not missing penalties anymore and Trossard seems to have stepped up with his deliveries.

I’m really looking forward to getting behind Tony and his Potter project this month. The club is a lot more ‘together’ than it was prior to kick off against Wolves as the poll shows. Together behind the club, Potter and his players. Why not join the positivity?

One swallow does not make a summer. And we still haven't won for ten games. Have to admire your optimism though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After struggling against quick wide players against Leicester and Arsenal to put him up against the quickest premier league player......

Whilst Potter might be guilty of not protecting Burn by not doubling up on Traoré, officially, the fastest player in the Premier League is in actual fact, Tariq Lamptey (followed by Kyle Walker).

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

I admire your positivity.

I on the other hand struggle to believe with any confidence that we are suddenly going to win 6 or 7 games in just over half a season which is more than in the whole of 2020. One positive half yesterday is not enough to convince me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thing is GP isn’t stupid and Bjorn and Billy Reid must have some input, which makes many of the team selections and positional decisions even more baffling.

Maybe he's channeling Bjorn and Benny

images.jpeg

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Whilst Potter might be guilty of not protecting Burn by not doubling up on Traoré, officially, the fastest player in the Premier League is in actual fact, Tariq Lamptey (followed by Kyle Walker).

From that we can expect to see Burn up against Walker on his own when we arrive at Man City!

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Leeds will rip us apart with the attacking pace they use, we simply won’t be able to cope with the attacking play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I’d love to be positive, but I’m not confident with GP, we will never know now but I do wonder if Covid hadn’t happened would he have got us out of that dismal run we were in pre lockdown?

The ‘tinkering’, muddled thinking team selections and man management, all point to the fact I think, and clearly I’m not alone, he’s out of his depth.

Hughton’s time was up, but it was hell of a gamble going for a person not only untried at this level but you’d argue still wet behind the ears at Championship level.

I’d love to be wrong, but like thousands of others on here, I’ve been here before and this has all the makings of a relegation season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here