[Albion] Potter In or Out

Potter in or Our?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In.

We are doomed to be in a bottom 5 relegation battle for the rest of time.

It won't matter who the manager is.

Might as well stick with Potter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Under Potter we have never been in the bottom 3, nor have we thrown in the towel, nor does he appear to have lost the dressing room.

2.We've played 17 matches and got something out of 10 of them.

3. Potter hasn't been backed with the sort of serious money that elevates a side like Wolves, Leeds or Villa oit of the relegation scrap.

For me he stays but right now the only serious alternative is Eddie Howe.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If Tony finds a new manager who is guaranteed to be better than Potter then that's fine. Player's still playing for Potter. In.

No guarantees but I would suggest that trying to find a manager to win more than two games out of seventeen, might not be the impossible task that some are suggesting.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1. Under Potter we have never been in the bottom 3, nor have we thrown in the towel, nor does he appear to have lost the dressing room.

3. Potter hasn't been backed with the sort of serious money that elevates a side like Wolves, Leeds or Villa oit of the relegation scrap.

Thats if the only criteria is an out of work Englishman, with both PL and Championship experience.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Agreed.

He hasn’t got what I would call a natural Striker (like Murray was/is) to lean on like Hughton had
for most of his reign. Hopefully that will sorted this January.

Added to that, we have no players anywhere near Lamptey & March in our wingback areas in terms of attacking quality. The first team debuts of Yapi & Karbo seem such a long way away, lots more development needed I suspect. We seem so much more balanced with Lamptey & March playing. I wonder if the recruitment dept. can’t help Potter out with this over the next month?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't like him at all as a manager and find his playing style boring as ****. But tonight showed the players haven't given up and with Howe being the only reasonable alternative it's back to 'in', even if i think he's doing a shit job. It could come good

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

With you on this, except for the Smug Eddie bit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With you on this, except for the Smug Eddie bit.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he did a great job with Bmuff and was very unlucky with injuries in his relegation season.

He got them to 9th and recruited some decent attacking players in Callum Wilson, Fraser, King, Brooks whilst getting big money for Mings and Ake.

If he doesn't end up here I think he might be the next Palace manager.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I don't like him at all as a manager and find his playing style boring as ****. But tonight showed the players haven't given up and with Howe being the only reasonable alternative it's back to 'in', even if i think he's doing a shit job. It could come good

Just checking I’ve not missed something here but you say you find his style of football boring as ****?
Who or what do you suggest we bring in to improve this? Do you realise there is a total transformation of the entire football club underway with Potter at the helm? Why do you think the players ‘haven’t given up’ ? Do you think they might actually believe in what he’s doing?? Were you a ‘Hughton In’ type who enjoyed watching us play not to lose, every single game in the premier league or as I suspect not and someone who wanted to see CHANGE.?

How is he doing a ‘shit job’ ?

I do admire the fact you apparently acknowledge that Captain Smug is a wanker who should be nowhere near our football club though I do agree with that point but other than that, your post has me scratching me head.

Aug 18, 2013
Just checking I’ve not missed something here but you say you find his style of football boring as ****?
Who or what do you suggest we bring in to improve this? Do you realise there is a total transformation of the entire football club underway with Potter at the helm? Why do you think the players ‘haven’t given up’ ? Do you think they might actually believe in what he’s doing?? Were you a ‘Hughton In’ type who enjoyed watching us play not to lose, every single game in the premier league or as I suspect not and someone who wanted to see CHANGE.?

How is he doing a ‘shit job’ ?

I do admire the fact you apparently acknowledge that Captain Smug is a wanker who should be nowhere near our football club though I do agree with that point but other than that, your post has me scratching me head.
How is he doing a shit job?

He's won 5 games in 35 games with the best Brighton squad in my lifetime. 1 home win in a year. That's shit whatever way you look at it.

As for the style of play, we pack the side full of defenders, have no exciting individuals other than Lamptey, have nobody who can run with the ball other than Lamptey, and nobody who can ho past a man other than Lamptey. We no longer play wingers and instead play posession football to little effect which most teams have now found out

Swansea did better without him and apparently Ostersunds were bankrolled through the league by illegal payments.

He really is a very ordinary manager at everything other than passing the ball around

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

He's won 5 games in 35 games with the best Brighton squad in my lifetime. 1 home win in a year. That's shit whatever way you look at it.

As for the style of play, we pack the side full of defenders, have no exciting individuals other than Lamptey, have nobody who can run with the ball other than Lamptey, and nobody who can ho past a man other than Lamptey. We no longer play wingers and instead play posession football to little effect which most teams have now found out

Swansea did better without him and apparently Ostersunds were bankrolled through the league by illegal payments.

He really is a very ordinary manager at everything other than passing the ball around

Woah woah woah. Don't mention the money.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fair play to Potter tonight

Pulling off Bissouma at half time

He took the piss tonight

Strolling around,I counted 3 passes,all backwards

Think he's believing the hype

That's my problem with the adulation.

He's really good at breaking up attacks with his combative tackling. He works hard, but in a limited area. He's not great offensively.

He's decent at this level for sure, but if the clubs they claim are looking want to offer a large bounty (and I have my doubts) I'd be happy to listen to offers in the summer.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

Genuinely a good reply, you clearly do know your stuff.

Who do you bring in? Were you Hughton in or out? Did you like setting up not to lose? Do you genuinely believe our style of play has got worse??

Did you watch us completely outplay both Chelsea and Man U (admittedly we lost both in the end) thrash Newcastle and dominate pretty much every single game we have played since the reboot in June?

Do you agree that Potter was given 2 free signings and a £900k defender in his last transfer window?

Our problem is we can’t score goals and that is the problem in my opinion.

Do you think that with a bit of backing he could bring in the targets he believes will turn the tables or have you just written him off as shit, full stop? Is it Potter who identifies these players or Ashworth and co? Is this Potters fault or the clubs?

I’ll ask again, who do you bring in if he gets the boot?

Can I have a link to the Ostersunds story as I’d like to read about that, genuinely.

Cheers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Who do you bring in? Were you Hughton in or out? Did you like setting up not to lose? Do you genuinely believe our style of play has got worse??

Did you watch us completely outplay both Chelsea and Man U (admittedly we lost both in the end) thrash Newcastle and dominate pretty much every single game we have played since the reboot in June?

Do you agree that Potter was given 2 free signings and a £900k defender in his last transfer window?

Do you think that with a bit of backing he could bring in the targets he believes will turn the tables or have you just written him off as shit, full stop? Is it Potter who identifies these players or Ashworth and co? Is this Potters fault or the clubs?

Can I have a link to the Ostersunds story as I’d like to read about that, genuinely.

Cheers.

The Ostersunds owner got jailed for, i think, 3 years.
In some quarters it was framed as some kind of disgrace against the little man, but the reality looks like CEO Kindberg was seriously, seriously dodge. I'm not sure if it can be talked about on here, but you can google it.

Aug 18, 2013

Cheers.

I thought Hughton had lost the dressing room after Bournemouth. But after we stayed up and the great point at Arsenal i thought he deserved a window to turn it around. Bloom didn't and i don't begrudge that, but he showed very little patience with one of our greatest ever managers so I'm surprised we're being told to stay patient with a bloke who has imho only really achieved a 'record points tally' (2 points more than our first season in the Prem) with a useful 3 month break after 3 months without a win and then a handy 5 subs to use in empty stadiums

I liked Hughton's counter attacking football. I had no issues in our first season in the Premier League but it went wrong when a load of people spat the dummy at three consecutive 1-0 wins where we were up against it. But looking back, what would we give for 3 wins and clean sheets now? And 3 brilliant performances by Maty.

I don't agree scoring is our problem, we scored 3 tonight and still didn't win despite 5 centre backs in the side.

Lack of alternatives is probably the best reason for keeping him in a job tbh. Good performances mean very little if you don't get the results. With City and Leeds to come we don't look likely to hit 30 points at the moment; that's not good enough.

He may not have been given cash but he's been given a player who could have been sold for £25 million and frequently played him out of position. This, in addition to 2 England Internationals and a Champions League finalist. Not backed, really? He also had £20m on Webster, 20m on Maupay, £3m on Lamptey, £18m on Trossard, and £3m on Mooy (plus £3m on Zequiri). It's not as if he's had nothing to work with. It started well and has faded badly, he can turn it around but he's very lucky a lack of alternatives have prevented him losing his job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here