Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out

Potter in or Our?

• Total voters

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The second half wasn’t a Potter master class in football management we got lucky with an early penalty.

So we have scored five goals in two games which blows out the theory if only we could score we would be top six. Our squad is plenty good enough to not be where we are unfortunately Potter isn’t good enough to manage us. Bizarre team selections two home games running, Arsenal really annoyed me the man threw the game for whatever reason with one of the worst Albion PL 11.

No wins against WBA and SU where other teams take the three points smile and move on I just can’t see how we will win enough games now tbh.

Did Wolves get lucky their penalty as well then?

Lol

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He will overhaul that team in the Transfer window and West Brom will Fund it because Financially it makes sense to do so if they can stay up. I admit he has a lot of points to make up but there is still enough games availlable especially when teams like Brighton and Fulham are not exactly racking up many Victories themselves

We ALL hope you are so incredibly wrong and that WBA will be punished for the mistake of sacking Billic. It would be amazing for football in general if the Alladyce method is relegated from the Premier League for good. Such awful percentage football similar to the rot you get at Burnley, Palace & Newcastle.

I hope West Brom’s signings flop and that they sack Alladyce when their relegation is confirmed, hopefully prior to May.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did Wolves get lucky their penalty as well then?

Lol

Of course not, this is the Potter Out Campaign you’re dealing with.

There was also no luck involved with the mis-control/deflection prior to the cross for their first goal or the deflection on the shot that put Sanchez off his punch.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Weren't West Brom (and West Ham) mentioned as being interested in Shane Duffy before he joined Celtic?
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to add him to their squad. I'm sure the Celtic fans would drive him there and not even charge for the petrol.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as we drew with them, doesn't that make us a very poor team?

What does it make Liverpool who drew with us and City who they drew with the day they sacked Bilic :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Underestimate Big Sam at your Peril.

His feet are hardly under the table yet - Wait till he gets into the Transfer Market and then judge the guy.

. Three or four additions to his Squad could change things massively for him so people gleefully rubbing their hands might be a bit premature. He doesn't have a magic Wand to go in there and make bang average players better players but what he can do is bring in better players and by doing so could create a totally different proposition when it comes to their Relegation Fight.

They aint cut adrift just yet so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet. If it was Graham Potter going in their you would be claiming that he needs a bit of time to get some players in to give himself a fighting chance.

Sam's methods work - He just needs the Personnel to make them work, which he doesn't have just yet.

I agree.

He did that 4 January’s ago at CPFC. Step one was to spend massively and borrow players too. 4 or 5 quality players signed overnight. Then he made them hard to score against, a load of tall and athletic players blocking opponents at set pieces, a deep block of 9 players to frustrate ball playing teams. Capped with some counter attacking EPL muggings.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When you look at their league position, it makes it a blip.

When we are not in much better standing than Sheffield and West Brom, it makes us a very poor side.

You actually sound surprised that we are in a relegation battle. We did so much better before Potter arrived :rolleyes:

However we don’t look shit and we have had very very few thrashings under Potter and we haven’t been defending for our lives either. Small margins have us where we are, but we are there.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
You actually sound surprised that we are in a relegation battle. We did so much better before Potter arrived :rolleyes:

However we don’t look shit and we have had very very few thrashings under Potter and we haven’t been defending for our lives either. Small margins have us where we are, but we are there.

I'm not surprised but I am disappointed. I think our squad is good enough to be higher up the table.

We don't look shit but we don't look particularly good either. Small margins maybe, but when you win one home game in a year, that is a problematic pattern.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not surprised but I am disappointed. I think our squad is good enough to be higher up the table.

We don't look shit but we don't look particularly good either. Small margins maybe, but when you win one home game in a year, that is a problematic pattern.

Agreed, but I am keeping the faith :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Underestimate Big Sam at your Peril.

His feet are hardly under the table yet - Wait till he gets into the Transfer Market and then judge the guy.

. Three or four additions to his Squad could change things massively for him so people gleefully rubbing their hands might be a bit premature. He doesn't have a magic Wand to go in there and make bang average players better players but what he can do is bring in better players and by doing so could create a totally different proposition when it comes to their Relegation Fight.

They aint cut adrift just yet so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet. If it was Graham Potter going in their you would be claiming that he needs a bit of time to get some players in to give himself a fighting chance.

Sam's methods work - He just needs the Personnel to make them work, which he doesn't have just yet.

I agree with you Noo. I think Big Sam is criminally underrated as a manger.

Attractive football? Maybe not. And I wouldn’t want him at my club. But look at his record. He’s been in this situation many times and always kept the team up.

Hopefully for us, this time may be his toughest challenge. Only because the Premier League competition is unreal right now. But I wouldn’t rely on it. We need to pick up more points.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Last week it was out and this week it's in... I'm sure most fans memories are only as long as the last game. I'm just glad none of us run the club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I was never worried every time our opponents attacked under Hughton though. We look wobbly every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But surely the expectation is we are meant to cope better the longer we are at this level, because of the accumulated spending on the squad transforming it from our Championship one. We did spend a lot of money by our standards in season 3 that I think should have stood us in good stead this season. It hasn’t really - we are among the 4 teams being cut adrift and will now have to depend on Fulham not outperforming to survive. Our odds look uncomfortable and I suspect regardless of our differing views on Potter we are closer on the reality of our survival chances

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
On a more serious note he is here to stay and I ****ing love this club and the chairman so no more potter out from me let’s just pray he keeps us up

Still in, reviewing my position end of this month.

I nearly gave up on him after his ludicrously stupid decision to play Dan Burn at all, never mind asking him to mark Traore. But his half time changes show he recognised that he had got it wrong, and the changes were the right ones.

We still need a left back and a striker this month. If we get that right, Potter will guide us to safety I think.

you no nout about owt.
youve got nothing better to do than have a go at people in private messages when you make FUN OF DEATH. LIFETIME BAN for YOU PLEASE.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was never worried every time our opponents attacked under Hughton though. We look wobbly every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will have something to do with having 10 men behind the ball, anti football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here