North stand stewards AGAIN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
so what was this 'we sit when we want' shit? If you don't think you should be bound by the same rules the majority adhere to, kindly do one. They said 'the last four rows' or something. If you're in the front 3 dont push your luck.

honestly, I don't know where people get off of going 'sod this, I'm going to be a quasi-rebel'.

Best you stay in the west stand next season

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
I've no problems with stewards. I stand at the back of the north stand but am moving to East upper next year (approval for new seats pending) as want to sit down but with a good view.

My only problem with the Amex is the toilet situation other than that no problems what so ever.

If you're not going to reply properly to my comments then f*** off.

Seeing as you have started to be abusive, I feel quite free to respond in kind. Your opinions are worthless because you can't string a sentence together properly in your mother tongue.

How can something be at the end of the day (metaphorically) if it's at the beginning of the season? And did you finish school at the age of 7? How else could you explain 'could of chose'?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sitting ruins the atmosphere, simple!

Newcastle game I didn't sit down once, neither did anyone else around me in the northstand. The atmosphere was electric!

I think they should change the law, have seated areas and standing areas. Abit like the old smoking/ non smoking areas in restaurants not that long ago.

Arnt you aware of the risks of passive standing? :laugh:

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
I was having a chat with a NS steward of whom i know really well, and was told that from next season the club will not allow the NS to stand in the back 4 rows.

I said that will never happen, but apparently they have be told that ejections and bans will occur. Apparently the FA have been giving the club a hard time.

It certainly wouldn't be The FA doing this. Safety in sports grounds is the jurisdiction of the Safety at Sports Grounds Authority (SGSA), which is the new name for the FLA (Football Licensing Authority). They sit on the Club's Safety Advisory Group, chaired by the local licensing authority - ie the Council - and it's the SAG that ensures the level of enforcement for each club. The FA have absolutely zero involvement at this level.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It certainly wouldn't be The FA doing this. Safety in sports grounds is the jurisdiction of the Safety at Sports Grounds Authority (SGSA), which is the new name for the FLA (Football Licensing Authority). They sit on the Club's Safety Advisory Group, chaired by the local licensing authority - ie the Council - and it's the SAG that ensures the level of enforcement for each club. The FA have absolutely zero involvement at this level.

In that case there is the worry, if the local representative is bringing this to the forefront, then you can understand the clubs NEED to stop persistent standing in light of amongst other things the current planning Applications.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Personally, I don't like standing up. I'm perfectly happy sitting down to watch the game, then leaping up to cheer on a goal or near-miss opportunity.

BUT, I can understand if people want to stand during games. Habits of old are hard to break out of, and besides, you wouldn't expect to be made to sit sown during a concert or something similar, would you?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think the law is that you cannot drink alcohol in sight of a football game, therefore Rugby, Cricket and many other sports it is permissible

Largely because even 82000 fans mixed in together at Twickers, full of beer/guiness, can support their team without causing a ruckus, .... give 200 spotty football fans the same freedom with 2 half shandys and there would be a right kerfuffle.... sad fact of football life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It won't happen.

It will. The club have said the back 4 rows of the North Stand permit standing which is against the law. I think there will be a crackdown so the club can have some evidence to prove when the FA re-assess the situation.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From WSU, the stewards seemed obsessed with the NS standing up, all game.

Northstanders looked like they got round it, by deliberately starting renditions of Stand up if you hate Place, to increase the numbers standing up to unmanageable amounts. All got silly, when the match was the most important thing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
See post 5 above yours - nothing to do with The FA.

Thanks for the info , the Department of Culture , Media & Sport are the real puppet-masters of the SGSA so it will be in their interest to enforce the law to stop any threats of rebellion.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I believe the water is being tested by the stewards asking all to sit down and reaction monitored by the CCTV and the control room to note who is and who isn't complying so it can be used for next season so that persistent offenders will not be permitted to renew for next year.
The waiting list is sufficiently large enough to still fill the stadium.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I believe the water is being tested by the stewards asking all to sit down and reaction monitored by the CCTV and the control room to note who is and who isn't complying so it can be used for next season so that persistent offenders will not be permitted to renew for next year.
The waiting list is sufficiently large enough to still fill the stadium.

That's the best bait anyone has used since the 'North Stand Dry Stand" thread about this time last year.

Bravo. :clap:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Best you stay in the west stand next season

i'm not moving now. If i get the job I probably have to give up my season ticket. Yesterday the north stand was f***ing ridiculous though. I bed it's the same old kids who start up 'stand up if you hate palace' that started the chanting about sitting wherever.

Surprised that they haven't got why their 'we're the north stand wannabes, do what we do, and if you don't, we'll pretend we're hard'. The majority of the north stand are alright, but there's just a bunch of 'look how hard we are' tit head 15 year olds crowded together.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
You mean someone purchasing seat should not expect to be able to sit in it?

No, what he means is that the north stand is the one stand where people are free to shout and swear, and stand and HAVE FUN. If that's not your bag then sit in one of the other stands (which of course you know you just wanted to be difficult)

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It won't happen.

They'll not make the back four rows sit, there will be uproar, we were speciffically told standing would be tolerated there, that's why most people chose the back. If not a lot would have gone nearer the front.
As for the rest of the stand ? I'm sure something will be done, but to what degree remains to be seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports