Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand stewards AGAIN

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Its also law that you cannot drink alcohol in your seat at a sporting venue, but they get away with it at rugby games
I think the law is that you cannot drink alcohol in sight of a football game, therefore Rugby, Cricket and many other sports it is permissible

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
That nice Mr Bloom supplies you with cushioned seats with extra wide fitting so even your enormous ass can fit in them, and what do you do? You stand up to look ARD.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

the only one who seems to moan and try is the woman
I can only assume that you sit somewhere far away from me. The woman steward we have in our part of the North Stand has a real empathy with fans and achieves sitting down reasonably effectively, with a smile and absolutely no moaning.

You think wrong,but this law is only enforced at football grounds
The current law (and it is LAW, not just conditions of entry, set by the Clubs) in England and Wales is set out in The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, as amended - most recently by The Sports Grounds and Sporting Events (Designation) (Amendment) Order 2011.

The ban on drinking alcohol within view of the playing area covers all international football matches and any club match involving one or more senior team (from the Football Conference upwards). It also applies to all football matches involving one or more clubs from outside England and Wales who are playing matches in England and Wales. The law doesn't apply to cricket or rugby matches.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
so what was this 'we sit when we want' shit? If you don't think you should be bound by the same rules the majority adhere to, kindly do one. They said 'the last four rows' or something. If you're in the front 3 dont push your luck.

honestly, I don't know where people get off of going 'sod this, I'm going to be a quasi-rebel'.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The current law in England and Wales is set out in The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, as amended - most recently by The Sports Grounds and Sporting Events (Designation) (Amendment) Order 2011.

The ban on drinking alcohol within sight of the pitch covers all international football matches and any club match involving one or more senior team (from the Football Conference upwards). It also applies to all football matches involving one or more clubs from outside England and Wales who are playing matches in England and Wales. The law doesn't apply to cricket or rugby matches.

So drinking during a reserve or youth team match COULD be permitted.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I <think> that the piece of legislation relating to this (the Sporting Events [Control of Alcohol] Act 1985) refers to the rule applying to "designated sporting events".

I believe rugby and cricket have managed to get themselves un-designated (or were never designated in the first place), hence you can legally consume a beer pitch side at Twickenham or Lord's. All FL, PL or League of Wales games, and all games involving a team from those leagues, are Designated Football Matches.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/3204/pdfs/uksi_20053204_en.pdf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here