North stand stewards AGAIN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Maybe the club could send an email to everyone in the North stand asking if they want to stand or sit then work out from the responses how many rows from the back should be standing.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They didn't try and enforce it once in block B today - it was standing as normal.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Fed up of standing in the North Stand tbh, would prefer if everyone would sit down and stand up when BHA have a chance

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, imagine the scene, planning permission for expansion refused, amongst the reasons, the failure of the club to prevent persistent standing in the all seater stadium as per the license, along with persistant parking in Coldean Lane etc. these could be the straws that break the camels back, I trust you all have your excuses ready for that, along with those who cant work out how to operate the P&R.

Oh, and that chant about standing when you want, f*** me, what are you all, 10 years old?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Lewes fell foul of the booze rules when they were promoted to the Conference National. They get a lot of real ale ground hoppers (being a brewery town etc) and when could no longer drink in the stands/terrace their matchday booze sales collapsed. Luckily relegation means that you can booze there now. Weirdly you can't drink at Horsham though. *shrugs*

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They were all over our block (A) again today. A slightly more resigned feel to them than the previous home game, but it looks as if we're going to have endure this tedious ritual for every match now. Sigh.

Of course you could actually SIT when asked and then the "tedious ritual" would die out pretty quickly ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm in the WSU - and normally a 'sitter' - but am I the only one who was told at the Season Ticket presentation that standing in the North Stand was expected in the back few rows? I'm sure I'm not imagining it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Jeez what a bunch of moaning jobsworths on this thread. If you wanna sit, you can go to the east or west or next season the east upper and part of the south aswell. Leave the north for the standers and the song starters. Simple.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If the north sit down and shut up there would be no atmos at all!

This, tbh I didn't notice it yesterday but it would be a library if we all 'sat down and shut up'

Then we would get moaned at as 'your supposed to be the north stand'

Some people would moan at a sunny day.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
row P here, after constantly being told to sit down for the derby game, the stewards seemed to stop asking at about row M yesterday.
although at one point i did see a steward with a notebook and pen seemingly writing down seat numbers of some of the rows in front of me :shrug:

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
That nice Mr Bloom supplies you with cushioned seats with extra wide fitting so even your enormous ass can fit in them, and what do you do? You stand up to look ARD.

Perhaps we don't all want seats and are used to standing at other grounds, especially those with terraces.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Christ, there's some clueless replies on this thread. The stand up sit down debate has been done many times on here and most people agree, regardless of their own preference, that it would be better for everyone if there was a choice.

Away from the wider issue and onto recent games in the North stand, it looks like stewards are now under orders to make people sit down. Up until now there has been a good status quo in the North with the back half of the stand being stood up and the front half being sat down, that happened all by itself and there have been no problems whatsoever. Relations with stewards have been good, so why have they decided to start rocking the boat at this point? It's causing a problem where it didn't exist before.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I actually think the club has to at least "appear" to enforce one of the most regressive laws in football. Otherwise they risk sanctions as stated earlier in the thread.

It's clear the football authorities are in complete and utter denial on the issue of standing. The sooner common sense and logic prevails to allow safe standing areas in English grounds the better it will be for all supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports