Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

jatw

Sep 29, 2014
I got myself a season ticket in the north stand and I can say I’ve been very warmly welcomed, always have someone to chat to if I want - I think you might have got the wrong impression of the gaff.
Me too. I’m a JCL North Stand ticket holder and have always felt welcome. No-one has ever accused me of not being at Gillingham.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He must have played that pass to Evan in the centre circle half a dozen times and it didn't once look anything other than crap
Yeah, they were waiting for it.

Pretty sure when we had a situation like this last season, Mac or Caicedo would drop in to make an angle, or Steele would chip it to Pervis or Mitoma.

Options just didn't seem to be there.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve achieved a lot mate - there still the odd thing I need to achieve. I will get there and I will smile at every step. Twos up on a fag next game bro?
Not inside the stadium :ohmy:

(I like your attitude :thumbsup: )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They did a job on us, man marking the front players. Meanwhile they weren't pressing the keeper. Stalemate, followed by too risky a play from Barty, and, bosh, 0-1.

A short but interesting TS interview with ex-Spurs player Sandro in the last hour. We captained a team under RDZ, he seems to rate him as god status. He referred to Albion as “us” I think, talked of working for us.

He said in the first half today “there was something wrong in our middle”. Rectified at HT.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep - bucket lists have to be abnormal and it would annoy most of nsc if we did it…?
I simply couldn't.

I do normally 'skin up' on the stairs on the way out, of course :lolol:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Frustration being shown from a handful of people who were feeling very anxious and lacking in confidence at what they were seeing from some of our inexperienced youngsters.
Changes were made and everything improved.
No big deal, the fans got behind the team and we became the first non-big six team to win 5 of their first 6 Premier League games.
A thoroughly entertaining second half.

Then I saw his face, Carlos Baleba
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm in love, with Carlos Baleba
I couldn't leave him if I tried.
How about: Then I saw his pace…?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They did a job on us, man marking the front players. Meanwhile they weren't pressing the keeper. Stalemate, followed by too risky a play from Barty, and, bosh, 0-1.
Easy to mark players who are practically static, unless of course they were standing on a pound coin… Felt a little sorry for Bart

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
f*** off. Ageism isn’t a whole lot better than homophobia.
The super fans are out in force tonight, blaming everyone else. Every fan supports the club in their own way.
Some moan, some cheer, some sing, some do all three, some don’t do any of those things.

I know a young couple who went to their first Brighton game at the Amex today, and we gave them a lift home. They were in the West stand, and loved every minute of it. No moaning about the team or other fans. They will be back, and that’s what it’s all about.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I simply couldn't.

I do normally 'skin up' on the stairs on the way out, of course :lolol:
Never been one to skin up - even back in the day when I’d have a go - just let your mates do it 🤪🤦🏻‍♂️

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Easy to mark players who are practically static, unless of course they were standing on a pound coin… Felt a little sorry for Bart

We don't play with the forwards running from side to side like blue-arsed flies. One runs back towards goal at pace in a diagonal to collect the ball from the keeper, but we kept losing those battles as the man to man marker chased the ball and player down. I think they really outfoxed us for a while. I'll watch MOTD with interest to see what we did to break the cycle of rinse and repeat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For those who remember.
The Goldstone north stand ran on pies and Harvey's gas.
Whereas the Amex north stand run on Haribo and vanilla vape.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Our keeper pissed me right off with his "come and get the ball" attitude.......wasted so much time in the first half !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think they might of been moaning at the useless keeper
No, they were not (assuming you’re talking about Bart kicking it straight to them, to gift the goal).

They were moaning / groaning BEFORE the goal, when he was stood on the ball waiting for someone to show for a pass.

In fact anyone who joined in with the groans - congratulations - YOU personally contributed to the Albion conceding that goal, by pressuring our keeper to look for an earlier pass that wasn’t on.

Well done.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No, they were not (assuming you’re talking about Bart kicking it straight to them, to gift the goal).

They were moaning / groaning BEFORE the goal, when he was stood on the ball waiting for someone to show for a pass.

In fact anyone who joined in with the groans - congratulations - YOU personally contributed to the Albion conceding that goal, by pressuring our keeper to look for an earlier pass that wasn’t on.

Well done.
Get over yourself - it's football, some fans let frustration get the better of them if things aren't going to plan. Some fans get over excited when things are going their way. Some are more passive, some are more vocal. It's been the same since the dawn of football. Its all just panto at the end of the day anyway eh

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Well done.
Stupid post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here