Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
You realise he is following RDZ’s instructions exactly, don’t you?

I find it utterly astonishing how many people STILL don’t understand our tactics. They work on this stuff day in, day out, and it’s got us to the Europa League and 3rd in the Premier League. And yet some people seem to think we should just completely abandon it and try something different when it hasn’t worked 20 minutes into a game. It’s incredible.
And yet at Old Trafford when what we set out wasn't working he changed it after 20 minutes.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And yet at Old Trafford when what we set out wasn't working he changed it after 20 minutes.
He wasn’t solving the same problem. At Man U they looked like scoring 2 or 3 goals in those first 20 minutes. He had a defensive problem to solve and quickly. Sounds like at Bournemouth there wasn’t much fundamental that needed changing so it was just a case of having patience with the method. Our home crowd needs to be on board with that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Stupid post
No it isn’t. Mrs DiS pointed towards Russell Martin’s press conference on Friday. He had been at the AEK match with his son, which he commented on, saying that if they go down, we don’t change the way we play, whereas Saints fans are enormously negative and getting at the players all the time.
he actually said that this gets to the players and the staff, and contributes to why they are doing so badly at the moment. It is well known that part of our game is about the keeper playing like this until the opposition are sucked in to going for the ball, thereby creating space. It also seemed to me abundantly clear from the beginning that Bournemouth were not playing ball, so KV was making it more risky, which cost us. And I am not a tactical genius! Not all his fault.
we played differently in the second half

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not impressed with some parts of the crowd whistling Bart when he’s doing what the manager wants him to do . Yes he made a mistake with their goal , he was too close to their player & possibly didn’t see him but that doesn’t mean he should throw the managers plan out of the window . If you noticed when the goal went in , Dunk went over to him and patted him on the head , that’s not the actions of an annoyed captain .
Its the action of a good captain who has controlled his emotions and his supporting his co-player. If you don't think he was pissed off then think again

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I've been a ST holder in WSU since day one, and back to 1991 in our other three homes.

Last time I went in the North was for a cup game against West Brom a few years ago.

This scroat eyes me up and down and leans in to his mate; "Look at these c*nts. Ain't seen them before."

He must have been early 30s, grey tracksuit, vocabulary of 20, maybe 30, words. Halfway through the first half he sparks up a spliff as a much older woman joins him, patting his arse. She was at least 60. Then they kissed. I managed to keep my pie down.

Not been tempted back yet.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Doesn't matter how you spin it. Our support was embarrassing yesterday.
Flat as a pancake when behind or not firing on all cylinders.
Moaning before the mistake. Only singing when we're winning.
Doesn't matter if you've been a supporter for 50 years or one year and the negativity and silence obviously affects the players.
The away support yesterday was pathetic so it wasn't even like they were out singing us

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011

I find it utterly astonishing how many people STILL don’t understand our tactics. They work on this stuff day in, day out, and it’s got us to the Europa League and 3rd in the Premier League. And yet some people seem to think we should just completely abandon it and try something different when it hasn’t worked 20 minutes into a game. It’s incredible.
According to Google 16% of the population have an IQ lower than 85. So maybe not that surprising.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Make some noise then you church mouse. Squeeeeak.
I'm in East Upper and do the best I can ie more than my share of (positive) shouting and clapping plus a lusty Albion-Albion and Sussex BTS. Not much else in the way of songs catches on up there. And you can still f*** off with the name-calling. Thanks.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was in the North and pretty frustrated with a lot of the reactions around me - all entitled to do whatever they want of course, but it's a shame that instead of helping the team there's people getting on their backs. Just disappointing really as you'd think they had a little more credit in the bank after the past 12 or so months.

el punal

Doesn't matter how you spin it. Our support was embarrassing yesterday.
Flat as a pancake when behind or not firing on all cylinders.
Moaning before the mistake. Only singing when we're winning.
Doesn't matter if you've been a supporter for 50 years or one year and the negativity and silence obviously affects the players.
The away support yesterday was pathetic so it wasn't even like they were out singing us
Being quieter than previous matches is not embarrassing. It happens every now and then that a game just does not live up to expectation and therefore is not exciting. So what? I would reckon most fans don’t give a toss about how loud the crowd is, and really it’s what happens on the pitch that generates the atmosphere in the stands. To be fair the Albion faithful have been loud and proud both home and away.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

I'm in the North and found myself looking around the crowd with my gob gaping in amazement at the reaction to Bart. It definitely got to him as he then started to rush his passes. OK the first goal was one of those things that will happen from time to time with drawing the press to the last possible second - risk and reward innit.
We've had other teams try the sit high but don't commit to the press and normally its the oppo fans who get frustrated with their own team first and start urging them into the trap. I thought everyone was on the same page by now but obviously not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Being quieter than previous matches is not embarrassing. It happens every now and then that a game just does not live up to expectation and therefore is not exciting. So what? I would reckon most fans don’t give a toss about how loud the crowd is, and really it’s what happens on the pitch that generates the atmosphere in the stands. To be fair the Albion faithful have been loud and proud both home and away.

Totally agree.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm in East Upper and do the best I can ie more than my share of (positive) shouting and clapping plus a lusty Albion-Albion and Sussex BTS. Not much else in the way of songs catches on up there. And you can still f*** off with the name-calling. Thanks.
Says the man who has called himself Colonel Mustard 😂

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Moaning at our build up play, not getting behind the team, first to moan about others not singing. Pathetic.
Very harsh this. Especially picking on one stand. It was genuinely just the mood in the stadium as we were playing really badly, were really flat, quite rigid and no movement and losing. We also seemed to be going a long way backwards from forward positions more rhan usual. Because we were behind there was a genuine sense of wanting a bit more urgency. It just felt worse because he had his foot on the ball as everyone peaked their annoyance. And for everyone saying 'that's just how we play' it really wasn't. It was overly slow and ponderous and you can see what happens when you inject some some urgency as we did at the beginning of the second half. Sometimes things jus look worse than they are in the moment. Dunk was jus protecting a young keeper.

Incidentally I wonder if the team would have stayed as unable to change things up in the first half if either gross or Lallana was playing.

Incidentally Incidentally Gross was mooching around at the top of the was stand upper! It's been a week for it as I was only a few seats along from Inigo Calderon against AEK

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has anyone registered the domain name NorthStandEmbarrassing.com yet?

Asking for a friend...
No, but I'm tempted to go for NorthStandShat.net

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here