Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I joined in with a few 'fucks sake's' admittedly, but really wasn't intended to be aimed at Bart, rather the static, man-marked players he had in front of him. He seems a mature guy and I'm sure he took it in his stride, but I hope he doesn't think we were getting on his back, as I for one certainly wasn't.

saying-boo-urns-boo-urns.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I joined in with a few 'fucks sake's' admittedly, but really wasn't intended to be aimed at Bart, rather the static, man-marked players he had in front of him. He seems a mature guy and I'm sure he took it in his stride, but I hope he doesn't think we were getting on his back, as I for one certainly wasn't.

View attachment 166985
I heard shouts of ‘movement‘, several times. Aimed at the other players to give him someone to pass to.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of the podcasts I listen to commented that we have had 22 different starters over the last 3 games.
The need for squad rotation is very new to us.

Last season there was 8 or 9 players which we depended on for our performances.
De Zerbi is now trying to get a squad of players that can all perform at the necessary level.
It's early days in that journey, there will be some bumps.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
This wasn't a North Stand thing. It was an Amex Stadium thing
Not sure if you got the memo but is now the “American Express Stadium” now, please remember the correct terminology in posts and also in conversations in the real world otherwise PBOBE is gonna crack down on us all.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm in the North and found myself looking around the crowd with my gob gaping in amazement at the reaction to Bart. It definitely got to him as he then started to rush his passes. OK the first goal was one of those things that will happen from time to time with drawing the press to the last possible second - risk and reward innit.
We've had other teams try the sit high but don't commit to the press and normally its the oppo fans who get frustrated with their own team first and start urging them into the trap. I thought everyone was on the same page by now but obviously not.
As an aside (but linked), I always thought that Potter's tactics would never have taken off if it wasn't for the empty stadia during the pandemic. We won 6 of the first 27 games pre-pandemic and the frustration from the stands was oft commented on by players and manager as the style was slowly implemented.

On the North Stand, I know a few people who go in there and as a sub-set of the fanbase they are easily the most smug, but then again I'm probably in a minority wherein I really don't like many of our fans anyway with the exception of this wonderful group (in the main). It may be the saturation of online media but, in general, it's degenerated into people posting steadily more stupid opinions and sticking by them irrespective of the evidence before their eyes.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm in the North and found myself looking around the crowd with my gob gaping in amazement at the reaction to Bart. It definitely got to him as he then started to rush his passes. OK the first goal was one of those things that will happen from time to time with drawing the press to the last possible second - risk and reward innit.
We've had other teams try the sit high but don't commit to the press and normally its the oppo fans who get frustrated with their own team first and start urging them into the trap. I thought everyone was on the same page by now but obviously not.
The reaction of home fans was not aimed at Bart though. It was the lack of movement and strange position of our outfield players that was earning the frustration. Bart had nobody he could pass too as they were all standing like statues with a Bournemouth player next to them, or stood waiting for a long ball high up the pitch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The wins and points in the bag have become dull, so control freaks are targeting fans.
Come on, that’s a bit sensitive. If Dunk felt the need to have a word then you can’t blame others (fans) for also commenting, particularly the ones at the game. The crowd has such an important role to play in giving our players the freedom to take risks. It’s not a big deal but you can’t expect it to pass without comment.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yeah who'd have thought it. Fans getting frustrated at a performance sometimes. What a new phenomenon. And the straw man argument that it MUST be someone who's never seen us when we are shìt. Well all the Moaning minnies around me in the WSU have been going for 40 years and more. So should they all be told what noises they're allowed to make at a football match? Or perhaps everyone should sit there expressionless like an extra from the Truman show. And any way it wasn't booing it was mostly 'fùcking get moving' or some such.

Moods takeover a stadium during a dynamic event that is a football match. It happens. It's been happening since forever. Sometimes it's imperfect but that's the nature of group dynamics. Surely its what most people go for.

Still, it's easy to unemotionally misconstrue events for a £50 article fee and a few clicks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
It is truly embarrassing that given the position we find ourselves in, that a thread such as this even exists after Sunday’s first half. A bad half admittedly! And Bart Verbruggen may be a little inexperienced… but we’ve been here with many other young players and most were far from duds. The ownership, management and players more than deserve our patience. Ffs man! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Come on, that’s a bit sensitive. If Dunk felt the need to have a word then you can’t blame others (fans) for also commenting, particularly the ones at the game. The crowd has such an important role to play in giving our players the freedom to take risks. It’s not a big deal but you can’t expect it to pass without comment.

I’m not referring to Dunk.

Just the increasing noisy movement critical of anyone who leaves before clapping the team off, not chanting enough.

It’s odd.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair to de Zerbi, if that reaction had happened when Potter was still manager he’d still be crying about it, whereas not a peep out of RdZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here