[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure many know football very well or understand how we play. Like the ones shouting ‘shoooooot’ with anger Thurs when it was on Sollys right foot 25 yards out or a centre back had it 30 yards out. Learn football then come back to discuss it 🤷🏻‍♂️

And that’s not stand specific - there were a few embarrassing fans getting irate Thurs - a few today when Bart did what he’s been told to do too 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure many know football very well or understand how we play. Like the ones shouting ‘shoooooot’ with anger Thurs when it was on Sollys right foot 25 yards out or a centre back had it 30 yards out. Learn football then come back to discuss it 🤷🏻‍♂️

And that’s not stand specific - there were a few embarrassing fans getting irate Thurs - a few today when Bart did what he’s been told to do too 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I did like the shouts of 'shoooooot' the first time Verbruggen took the ball forward towards the halfway line and no Bournemouth player would engage :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I went into the North for a couple of pints post match and the urinals weren't full of cigarette butts, vomit and discarded plastic pint glasses today like they normally are when I go in there, so something definitely had gone wrong today.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Absolutely loved the fact Bart didn’t go into his shell after his little mishap It’s our DNA RDZ spears of

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's as simple as this. If you are in the North, there is a responsibility on you to help create a bit of atmosphere. Like it or not, that's where it starts (but has gradually degraded since the AMEX started). Get behind the lads, be the 12th man.

If you want to moan about dicking around at the back, the East stand upper and a blanket is where it's at for you.
Yes indeed. And the other 90% of the home support will be sat in relative silence judging you on your efforts :rolleyes:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The north tend to be more vocal and sometimes don't engage their brains before vocalising. Whenever I'm there (and I was there today) there are always people saying "Here we go, they're going to score" every time we lose the ball in midfield. That pessimism isn't vocalised in the other stands, so it can be more miserable. But equally the north do joy better too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did like the shouts of 'shoooooot' the first time Verbruggen took the ball forward towards the halfway line and no Bournemouth player would engage :lolol:
It’s ok - the coaching staff all seem to realise the vocal minority are to be ignored and tell the players this. Literally hinders the team let alone support. Those that do it need to give their heads a wobble - they’re also usually the ones who moan about the atmo but don’t sing - or just clap 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
When I've had a few to many and bored on the way home, I start threads criticising the North stand. Great form of fishing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely loved the fact Bart didn’t go into his shell after his little mishap It’s our DNA RDZ spears of
He’s a young lad. He f***ed up and he’ll know it. He then made 2 fantastic saves. Everyone, including Steele, will be saying this to him and getting his head up - believe me on that…

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At least we now know the answer to the hypothetical question posed a week or two back: what would happen if the opposition just stood there and refused to be drawn out of position while our defender (keeper) just stood there rolling the ball about under their foot? The answer, we now know is: the crowd don't take long to get on the defender's back. Cheers for clearing that one up Bournemouth :lolol:
Booooooooo!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think we should separate the two strands of conversation.

On the general atmosphere, it was shite when we were terrible then got good once we took the lead. Same as always.

The Verbruggen thing is worthy of genuine criticism of the North, as most of the abuse seemed to be coming from there (at least that was how it seemed from WSL).

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
How are the two substitutions made by RDZ connected to abuse thrown at Verbruggen ?
Who abused him? I heard people rightly or wrongly urging us on. I didn’t perceive or hear anything directly aimed at Verbruggen personally, seemed a little lack of energy up top today, Ferguson didn’t look right and the movement was slower than normal which meant Verbruggen had the ball longer than normal. More frustrating is we couldn’t make it stick up there, than a goalkeeper doing as he is asked. The changes helped us to keep the ball better second half. So my take was people were frustrated with how we played as was RDZ evidently having said it was worst we have ever played for him in the 1st half not with the goalkeeper but that is a perspective as I saw it others may well see differently

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

On the general atmosphere, it was shite when we were terrible then got good once we took the lead. Same as always.

The Verbruggen thing is worthy of genuine criticism of the North, as most of the abuse seemed to be coming from there (at least that was how it seemed from WSL).
Just like absolutely every ground in English football, then. And I include the always ultras at Selhurst in that - plenty of times watched palace on telly and heard a pin drop when they're playing shit

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agree but don’t wanna single a stand. Many in WSU shouting and getting frustrated. Must have missed Colwill doing it last season and not booed. Clearly doing what he was told and Muff weren’t taking the bait so a bit of an odd stalemate. No need to start shouting. How about those shouting sing the f***ing songs and full voice and get behind the team as it seems many of the moaners don’t. Source = my eyes.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It really is astonishing how many of our fans STILL don’t understand our tactics. And it isn’t just the North Stand, these people are everywhere.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I didn't get angry and verbruggen, I got angry at nobody makeing space and offering the pass. Fati came on and actually moved, which allowed us to completely bypass their midfield and start attacks. The first half felt lazy, and when nobody moves it makes it look worse and is rather irritating

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It really is astonishing how many of our fans STILL don’t understand our tactics. And it isn’t just the North Stand, these people are everywhere.
Today was completely different. Bournemouth didn't play ball with our tactics. They just stood there. Refused to be drawn. Which made our lot just stand there. They had no idea what to do next. The game went into a weird sort of stalemate. That's not happened before. But it'll be copied now. Brilliant counter-tactics by Bournemouth

Jimmy Grimble

I can only assume it’s people who’s only football consumption is when they rock up at The Amex for a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports