Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North stand embarrassing!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It really is astonishing how many of our fans STILL don’t understand our tactics. And it isn’t just the North Stand, these people are everywhere.
I understand the tactics perfectly well , it was just the first half we were shit , the worse half of football I have seen under RDZ
and to see our keeper standing with the ball for 5-10 seconds with no idea where he was going to pass the ball , after just given away a goal , well some fans were just getting a little frustrated, that’s all

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Who abused him? I heard people rightly or wrongly urging us on. I didn’t perceive or hear anything directly aimed at Verbruggen personally, seemed a little lack of energy up top today, Ferguson didn’t look right and the movement was slower than normal which meant Verbruggen had the ball longer than normal. More frustrating is we couldn’t make it stick up there, than a goalkeeper doing as he is asked. The changes helped us to keep the ball better second half. So my take was people were frustrated with how we played as was RDZ evidently having said it was worst we have ever played for him in the 1st half not with the goalkeeper but that is a perspective as I saw it others may well see differently
There’s several posters on this thread saying it happened and Dunk reportedly also remonstrated with them. I still don’t see the connection with RDZ’s attacking substitutions and I certainly don’t think he would want players abused by the crowd for carrying out his instructions.

Jimmy Grimble

Today was completely different. Bournemouth didn't play ball with our tactics. They just stood there. Refused to be drawn. Which made our lot just stand there. They had no idea what to do next. The game went into a weird sort of stalemate. That's not happened before. But it'll be copied now. Brilliant tactics by Bournemouth
Except it has happened before.

The difference is our movement cues high up the pitch simply weren’t on it, and our two centre midfielders today don’t have the ability or confidence to receive the ball in tight spaces like Caicedo and Mcallister would do regularly.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I was a 10 year old mate

Only time I've ever been north stand, Madrid friendly game, lots of comments "oh never seen these people before, bet they didn't go to Gillingham" etc... Put me right off. Seem like pretentious wankers. Only chose to be there because it was a one off game so fancied a change of scenery
I got myself a season ticket in the north stand and I can say I’ve been very warmly welcomed, always have someone to chat to if I want - I think you might have got the wrong impression of the gaff.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I understand the tactics perfectly well , it was just the first half we were shit , the worse half of football I have seen under RDZ
and to see our keeper standing with the ball for 5-10 seconds with no idea where he was going to pass the ball , after just given away a goal , well some fans were just getting a little frustrated, that’s all
Will I somewhat agree. The disgruntled fans were moaning long before the first goal went in. Baffling while Verbruggen was getting shit before this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We haven’t played like that. No movement or finding space when our defence have the ball. Statues.
They did a job on us, man marking the front players. Meanwhile they weren't pressing the keeper. Stalemate, followed by too risky a play from Barty, and, bosh, 0-1.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Today was completely different. Bournemouth didn't play ball with our tactics. They just stood there. Refused to be drawn. Which made our lot just stand there. They had no idea what to do next. The game went into a weird sort of stalemate. That's not happened before. But it'll be copied now. Brilliant counter-tactics by Bournemouth
However, the goal came when the Bournemouth player did get drawn in - Verbruggen took an extra touch, and he was on him.

There’s several posters on this thread saying it happened and Dunk reportedly also remonstrated with them. I still don’t see the connection with RDZ’s attacking substitutions and I certainly don’t think he would want players abused by the crowd for carrying out his instructions.
The post below explains the connection - the attacking subs RDZ bought on suddenly meant that there was space for us to play the game that we have got used to. Before the subs, the players seemed to be just standing around, so BV had nowhere really to go.
I didn't get angry and verbruggen, I got angry at nobody makeing space and offering the pass. Fati came on and actually moved, which allowed us to completely bypass their midfield and start attacks. The first half felt lazy, and when nobody moves it makes it look worse and is rather irritating

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I don t want them abused and neither should anyone else it’s the way we play. People got frustrated with the lack of movement certainly around where I was certainly I didn’t hear anyone abused. If dunk gestured something and I can only assume he did based on posts so be it it’s his right to do so. People were frustrated, manager was frustrated and made changes. As I said I didn’t see anyone abusing or targeting any particular player just people wanting more urgency.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because they didn’t engage. When they did, Verbruggen took 3 players out of the game nost times by leaving it so late. Wasn’t working up front because no-one was making the ball stick when they dropped back into that 40 yard hole. That was the different bit. Not what was happening at the back. Sorted that second half. It’s how we play.
Precisely!

Some people seem to know even less than me about football which is, frankly, extraordinary :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
However, the goal came when the Bournemouth player did get drawn in - Verbruggen took an extra touch, and he was on him.

The post below explains the connection - the attacking subs RDZ bought on suddenly meant that there was space for us to play the game that we have got used to. Before the subs, the players seemed to be just standing around, so BV had nowhere really to go.
Fair enough. I wasn’t at the game. It was a genuine question. There are better ways of expressing it though.
They did a job on us, man marking the front players. Meanwhile they weren't pressing the keeper. Stalemate, followed by too risky a play from Barty, and, bosh, 0-1.
so it was YOU !!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think they might of been moaning at the useless keeper
Yes indeed. If he hadn't been useless they would of been cheering.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don t want them abused and neither should anyone else it’s the way we play. People got frustrated with the lack of movement certainly around where I was certainly I didn’t hear anyone abused. If dunk gestured something and I can only assume he did based on posts so be it it’s his right to do so. People were frustrated, manager was frustrated and made changes. As I said I didn’t see anyone abusing or targeting any particular player just people wanting more urgency.
I get that which is why I have liked your post. I think this kind of football and this manager is going to need backing though. So much of what we are seeing is psychology and the crowd has a part to play in the mind games almost regardless of how well things are going. If it’s not working for some players we will still need them the following week when competing in four competitions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I went into the North for a couple of pints post match and the urinals weren't full of cigarette butts, vomit and discarded plastic pint glasses today like they normally are when I go in there, so something definitely had gone wrong today.
Just realised I don’t think I’ve smoked or vomited at the Amex yet - def added to my bucket list now. If I can do both at the same time and kill 2 birds and all that I will… like when I slept with a black midget - bingo 🙌

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This Today was completely different. Bournemouth didn't play ball with our tactics. They just stood there. Refused to be drawn. Which made our lot just stand there. They had no idea what to do next. The game went into a weird sort of stalemate. That's not happened before. But it'll be copied now. Brilliant counter-tactics by Bournemouth
This!

Instead of Bart looking for the pass, where a slight advantage has opened, he was forced to play to Fergie, which was exactly what was expected and easily countered.
Eventually he made a slight misstep and they pounced.

We"ve seen this tactic before, but that was wirh Steele, who has a much better pass to the left wing.

Bart is learning. He should have muxed it up more, but equally the players in front of him needes to try and unsettlw the defenders by making some different angles.

It was a collective f*** up in my opinion.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
At times movement did seem to be lacking to give options for the passtbf

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just realised I don’t think I’ve smoked or vomited at the Amex yet - def added to my bucket list now. If I can do both at the same time and kill 2 birds and all that I will… like when I slept with a black midget - bingo 🙌
You need to get yourself a new bucket.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This!

Instead of Bart looking for the pass, where a slight advantage has opened, he was forced to play to Fergie, which was exactly what was expected and easily countered.
Eventually he made a slight misstep and they pounced.

We"ve seen this before, but that was wirh Steele, who has a much better pass to the left wing.

Bart is learning. He should have muxed it up more, but equally the players in front of him needes to try and unsettlw the defenders by making some different angles.

It was a collective f*** up in my opinion.
He must have played that pass to Evan in the centre circle half a dozen times and it didn't once look anything other than crap

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Yes indeed. And the other 90% of the home support will be sat in relative silence judging you on your efforts :rolleyes:

As someone who sat in Prawn Sandwich on Thursday and complained about the atmosphere, I can't argue that you haven't got a point. Leicester always used to be a decent atmosphere until they won't the league and recently it was shit. I hope we aren't heading the same way and expect to be entertained and win. It wasn't that long ago Bournemouth turned us over 5-0.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You need to get yourself a new bucket.
I’ve achieved a lot mate - there still the odd thing I need to achieve. I will get there and I will smile at every step. Twos up on a fag next game bro?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here