Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Klopp On Brighton's goal: "I think in a situation like this, when you have sense for human beings, you don't do it like this.

"It was very clever from Brighton but the keeper has just come on and is trying to set the wall. They are trying to get used to each other and the referee lets it go like this. We cannot change it but for me it's not 100% right.

I mean.. No mention of why we got the free kick then? Cos a keeper handling the ball outside the box as a last ditch, knowing he was done is OKAY? Okay then Jurg. ****.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Klopp On Brighton's goal: "I think in a situation like this, when you have sense for human beings, you don't do it like this.

"It was very clever from Brighton but the keeper has just come on and is trying to set the wall. They are trying to get used to each other and the referee lets it go like this. We cannot change it but for me it's not 100% right.

Deliberate handball outside the area and preventing a goal is not 100% right either. Justice was done.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

So what about their goal from the corner in the champions league against Barca?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Very proud of that performance again from us.

I'd really like to know where 4 mins added on time comes from when there's been six subs, a goal and the sending off took three minutes. Ref gave every 50/50 decision their way too. I'm not saying it cost us the game, because it didn't, but it is annoying to keep seeing it against 'top 6' teams.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Quite, just marine if we’d have drawn. The fact (IMO) that Connolly was fouled on their first won’t get any it time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if Apple will use this post in their advertising so you can see the quality of their autocorrect.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Seems legit.

dunk-cherries.png

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Yes

Playing well - yes pretty good - and a lot better than it looked after 2-0

But still losing - and Liverpool still have not got out of second gear today - and while Brighton have had a lot of possession since the goal (a real gift by Liverpool) they haven't really looked like scoring.

Brighton have not stopped Liverpool playing - there have been many games this season where they have been poor and still won. - - it is the mark of a very good side.

What are you on about “Liverpool did not get out of second gear” I.f they did not it was because we did not allow them to. They would have scored 6 if it were possible, Listen to Warren Aspinal who said we kept them at bay. That does not sound like them not getting out of second gear. I would expect to hear that sort statement from a Liverpool fan, not one supporting Brighton.
Cannot think of any games that they have been poor and won.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We’ve just lost and results elsewhere were grim. I should be miserable and yet...

I really am getting the sense that we are steadily becoming a decent Premier League team. A little more bite up front and we could give any team a run for their money. I just hope this punishing run of fixtures doesn’t dampen the team’s belief. Hopefully Potter has that covered.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

My heart bleeds for him. I used to like Mr K, but does he really expect us to wait until they are ready. The ref had clearly blown the whistle and he didn’t actually hit it very hard. Candidate for goal of the month for quick wittedness.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Deliberate handball outside the area and preventing a goal is not 100% right either. Justice was done.

Great shout! We had to hear for ages afterwards about how clever that was. This was no different, brilliant play from Dunk.

This!!!!! Goofy toothed idiot getting all morals and a sense of what is right but only when it suits him. Utter gimp!

Indeed. This tweet didn't age too well, but I was annoyed we'd been denied narrowing the deficit to 2-1.

[tweet]1200816015002738688[/tweet]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Brighton were great second half, although the reds seem to be running out of steam.
Unlucky not to get a deserved draw.

Title race is not over . They’ve been riding their luck for ages. When they lose one, I can see them losing a couple more

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Amazing stats against a side that is walking the league at their place.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have to take back my comments from earlier in the thread. A bit of frustration at being two down and seemingly out of the game quite early doors. Really is quite impressive stats overall, no matter how you look at it.
Play like we did today against arsenal and who knows.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’ve just lost and results elsewhere were grim. I should be miserable and yet...

I really am getting the sense that we are steadily becoming a decent Premier League team. A little more bite up front and we could give any team a run for their money. I just hope this punishing run of fixtures doesn’t dampen the team’s belief. Hopefully Potter has that covered.

The way we continued to play having gone 2-0 down would suggest that the players are really up for playing like this. Dare I say UNSHACKLED without argument now ? :wink:

I also found our patience in building for the equaliser rather just hoofing the ball into the box very frustrating, but we are obviously very well drilled not to play that way now.

GP is doing a fantastic job imo

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Not having any decent Premier League strikers is really hurting us.

Unless we get one in January we could be the best footballing side to go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here