Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That must have been a record for offsides against us and Murray wasn't even on the pitch!

But we made a game of it and unlucky not to sneak a draw at the end.

Onward and upward (hopefully!)

Except some of them weren’t offside and Connolly was harshly treated. Shit ref with “help the big team at home” mentality

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Proud of the team today.

Granted they were down to 10 men, but dominating the European Champions, 11 points clear at the top of the Premier League, on their own turf is incredible. Shame the sending off didn't happen sooner... we probably would have got a point.

I personally thought we played well in the first half too, aside from the defending for their goals which could have been better.

Looking forward to a run of fixtures which are winnable, because let's be honest, we could play this fixture 100 times and lose 99 of them.

Lots of positives today, as there always are under Potter.

The BBC team there, thought Brighton came into the game from 35 minutes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Needs potter to come out and start calling this out, such a biased ref. 4 minutes a real joke. Their first goal, a joke decision.

If a "nice" manager came out and went ballistic at least it will grab some attention.

Bet ****ing jugtwat will say nothing again.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
4 minutes of added time was a joke, same as last week. The way of adding up added time needs to be looked at, it makes no sense every week.

Especially when Liverpool wasted at least 2 minutes of it with the ball out of play and no more getting added on, for example when they were given a free kick for no identifyable reason...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Never thought I would see a day where the champions of Europe and Premier league winners this season would be screaming for the final whistle against a club who nearly fell out of the football league not that long ago.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Obviously an exciting end to the game. I’m going to be slightly harsh on us though because even though we rattled Liverpool I wish we could have played with a bit more belief having pulled one back. We still looked strangely nervous in attack. Too many hesitations and not sure what to do approach when we were deep in their half with Liverpool having all ten men behind the ball. Yes I know that’s still really hard to break down but several players made poor pass decisions or too cautious with Liverpool clearly on the rack. Confidence and belief are an awfully big part of the game and slightly worried that in such a situation as we found ourselves so late in the game, many teams really would have got a 2nd goal back. I don’t think we looked like we really believed we could and therefore would though.

Still, we scored at Anfield and only conceded two. The search for a win away from home against the big six goes on and we weren’t ever close today but least we had an exciting game. Potter rules ok!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
@%1;
Needs potter to come out and start calling this out, such a biased ref. 4 minutes a real joke. Their first goal, a joke decision.

If a "nice" manager came out and went ballistic at least it will grab some attention.

Bet ****ing jugtwat will say nothing again.
Would you want to pay the fa a £20k fine?

Bissouma hasn't been great but Gross has been way off the pace. The worst I've seen him play. I'd maybe swap those two for Alzate and Trossard, if not at half time then certainly within 15 minutes or so. It might be worth bringing on maupay too, we're poor defensively so lets go for a shoot out!
Well done , three from three!..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Except some of them weren’t offside and Connolly was harshly treated. Shit ref with “help the big team at home” mentality

Some were so close no way should they have been flagged under current laws. Mind you Connolly should have continued his run and completed his attack. If he was onside then they would have had to let it stand.

We don't get in the face of the ref enough. Too nice I'm afraid.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Enjoyable second half, gave it a real good go.

Not sure how there was only four minutes of added time. Propper was down for nearly two minutes, Allison took 3+ minutes to get off the pitch, there was a goal and three separate substitutions. By my maths that should make it 6 or 7 extra minutes, not four.

But then again it's Brighton away to Liverpool. I was mildly surprised that the ref didn't send Trossard off instead of Allison for having the temerity to put Allison in a position to deliberately hand ball and stop a clear goal.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
TBH I thought we’d get thrashed, but know I’m disappointed we didn’t get a point.
We made Liverpool look average in the second half, so unlucky not to get something ..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh come on - every team does it - if Brighton were leading 2-1 you'd be screaming at them to waste time.

Sense of proportion here.

I don’t have a problem with the players. It’s the ref, his fault, he’s an arse. And that’s all there is to it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Dunk is a legend. Absolute genius quick thinking for his goal. And had Liverpool scored it it would be labelled as such but fully imagine Klopp to have a good moan about it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Made Liverpool look desperate in the second half, can't have too much to complain about at that performance tbh. More surgical at the pointed end and we'd have had something out of that.

Very much so but allowing Van Dijk space at set pieces was fatal.
The fact that he scored their 2 goals when you have so many great attacking players on the pitch like Salah and Mane shows we did ok.
I should imagine Webster is upset with himself tonight.
Really should and could have been 2-2.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think Trossard and Alzate need to start Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Great 2nd half. We played so much better and at least gave them a scare. Certainly no disgrace, much to be proud of and plenty of positives to take away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here