Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Seriously - Brighton did not stop Liverpool doing anything - Liverpool dominated the first 20+ and then just took their foot off the gas, giving the Brighton players more time and space. Liverpool were comfortable throughout the entire game and Brighton rarely threatened the Liverpool goal until the sending off. The Brighton goal was a joke from a Liverpool perspective - they were still fixing the wall when the ref blew his whistle (too much focus on high-fiveing Adrian when he came on). After that they seemed to panic a bit - but Brighton still did not really threaten much in the last third over the final 15 minutes of play. I suspect that after the second goal Liverpool were thinking about the Merseyside derby on Wednesday,rather than Brighton today.

A sense of proportion needs to be kept here - Liverpool have had a few games like this over the past few weeks - against Palace last week where they scored in the last five minutes (while Liverpool had more possession - Palace had more shots - more shots on target - and more corners) - against Villa a couple of weeks earlier where Villa had several big chances, Liverpool were behind for most of the game and scored in the 87th minute and 4 minutes into injury time - and against Sheff Utd where Wilder said I am not bothered about pride, I am bothered about the result. Liverpool had an off day and I think we missed an opportunity. Liverpool were poor today - yet compare Wilder to what Potter said - There were lots of positives for us... We gave a really good account of ourselves against a top team

Three weeks ago people on here were going on about Brighton being in 8th place and I pointed out that a couple of games can change all of that - there are currently 6 points between 5th and 17th - Brighton are now 15th and if a couple of games tomorrow go a particular way then its 17th tomorrow night. Lose to Arsenal on Wednesday and its four losses on the bounce - something that happened once last season - then there are two games against an impressive Wolves and a really tough Palace team and very quickly the wheels are coming off. Southampton have beaten Watford and are 3 points behind Brighton - Southampton play Norwich on Wed - then Newcastle and West Ham. In a couple of weeks it could not be ruled out that Brighton are sitting in the relegation zone.

Now - Brighton have been doing okay this season - there is more going forward but a lot more shaky in defence. There is a lot of nervousness playing the ball around at the back - and every game there is one or two blunders. I think Brighton will be okay - Watford and Norwich are bad - but don't rule out a bit of a struggle before the season is over.

Why dont you write a book it would be shorter :moo:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Guy's a toothy gimp

attachment.php

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Seriously - Brighton did not stop Liverpool doing anything - Liverpool dominated the first 20+ and then just took their foot off the gas, giving the Brighton players more time and space. Liverpool were comfortable throughout the entire game and Brighton rarely threatened the Liverpool goal until the sending off. The Brighton goal was a joke from a Liverpool perspective - they were still fixing the wall when the ref blew his whistle (too much focus on high-fiveing Adrian when he came on). After that they seemed to panic a bit - but Brighton still did not really threaten much in the last third over the final 15 minutes of play. I suspect that after the second goal Liverpool were thinking about the Merseyside derby on Wednesday,rather than Brighton today.

A sense of proportion needs to be kept here - Liverpool have had a few games like this over the past few weeks - against Palace last week where they scored in the last five minutes (while Liverpool had more possession - Palace had more shots - more shots on target - and more corners) - against Villa a couple of weeks earlier where Villa had several big chances, Liverpool were behind for most of the game and scored in the 87th minute and 4 minutes into injury time - and against Sheff Utd where Wilder said I am not bothered about pride, I am bothered about the result. Liverpool had an off day and I think we missed an opportunity. Liverpool were poor today - yet compare Wilder to what Potter said - There were lots of positives for us... We gave a really good account of ourselves against a top team

Three weeks ago people on here were going on about Brighton being in 8th place and I pointed out that a couple of games can change all of that - there are currently 6 points between 5th and 17th - Brighton are now 15th and if a couple of games tomorrow go a particular way then its 17th tomorrow night. Lose to Arsenal on Wednesday and its four losses on the bounce - something that happened once last season - then there are two games against an impressive Wolves and a really tough Palace team and very quickly the wheels are coming off. Southampton have beaten Watford and are 3 points behind Brighton - Southampton play Norwich on Wed - then Newcastle and West Ham. In a couple of weeks it could not be ruled out that Brighton are sitting in the relegation zone.

Now - Brighton have been doing okay this season - there is more going forward but a lot more shaky in defence. There is a lot of nervousness playing the ball around at the back - and every game there is one or two blunders. I think Brighton will be okay - Watford and Norwich are bad - but don't rule out a bit of a struggle before the season is over.
Agree re your point about Wilder. For me he's someone who strikes the right balance between taking a positive approach while also being pragmatic and recognising the importance of doing the basics

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why had the keeper just come on? Is it because Alisson was cheating, to stop us scoring? Tw@

(Klopp, obvs)

If this had been the other way around the press would be fawning over how quick and clever Klopp and Liverpool are.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Klopp On Brighton's goal: "I think in a situation like this, when you have sense for human beings, you don't do it like this.

"It was very clever from Brighton but the keeper has just come on and is trying to set the wall. They are trying to get used to each other and the referee lets it go like this. We cannot change it but for me it's not 100% right.

Liverpool played like Barcelona

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A much better 2nd half, which is where GP is better than CH as he can see the problems and sort them out at half time ,but we were let down by 2 instances of poor defending and unfortunately it has to be said yet another one by Webster.

Yes - spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Here’s a thing, you’re not telling us anything we don’t know. I know you are finding it hard to swallow as you wait and hope for our plunge down the table, but us BRIGHTON fans are actually enjoying being in the PL and entertaining and competing as if we belong. Over the last two seasons we didn’t look like we belonged here. We know we’ll do well to survive this season but it’s fun again.

You’re not going to quit your CH agenda anytime soon are you?

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Here’s a thing, you’re not telling us anything we don’t know. I know you are finding it hard to swallow as you wait and hope for our plunge down the table, but us BRIGHTON fans are actually enjoying being in the PL and entertaining and competing as if we belong. Over the last two seasons we didn’t look like we belonged here. We know we’ll do well to survive this season but it’s fun again.

That's not quite fair on CH re the last 2 years. Admittedly second half of last season was pretty dire, but there for a lot of the first season we looked like we belonged - West Ham h+a, Man United h+a, Arsenal, Swansea, West Brom h - and that was with a lot less investment in the squad

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Where have I ever said that I want to see Brighton 'plunge down the table' - if that was what I was after I would just come on here - do a bit of trolling and f*ck off again.

There is practically no club that looks like they belong in the PL in the first two seasons after promotion (the only exception in recent years were Wolves who spent £70million in 2016/17 - another £50million in 17/18 - another £70million last year and £90million this year). It takes a minimum of two years to consolidate in the PL - and if you don't get relegated the first time you nearly always struggle worse the second year. I gave the numbers earlier in the Hughton to West ham thread. Hughton did a remarkable job with a poor squad keeping Brighton up - and just as consolidation was on the horizon he was sacked.

Again - I don't have a CH agenda - I respond to what I regard as unnecessary and unwarranted facile comments about Hughton.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Where have I ever said that I want to see Brighton 'plunge down the table' - if that was what I was after I would just come on here - do a bit of trolling and f*ck off again.

There is practically no club that looks like they belong in the PL in the first two seasons after promotion (the only exception in recent years were Wolves who spent £70million in 2016/17 - another £50million in 17/18 - another £70million last year and £90million this year). It takes a minimum of two years to consolidate in the PL - and if you don't get relegated the first time you nearly always struggle worse the second year. I gave the numbers earlier in the Hughton to West ham thread. Hughton did a remarkable job with a poor squad keeping Brighton up - and just as consolidation was on the horizon he was sacked.

Again - I don't have a CH agenda - I respond to what I regard as unnecessary and unwarranted facile comments about Hughton.

Why the fvck don't you naff off and bore some other forum, and spout on about your Chris Hughton stigmata bollox :wave:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Just watched the first 20 and they certainly didn’t dominate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here