Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really annoying today, we deserved a point

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just home from work and have one question:-

Was the second half good enough to keep Spence at bay?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We were caught out with two easily defendable goals. Still lots of individual errors which are costing us. That being said they were rattled in the second half and we made them look very ordinary. Mooy mom for me.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Last week we knew Leicester strength and didnt plan for it and this week Liverpool with most headed goals from set plays again despite having 3 tall defenders didnt cope. Very disappointing.. Great 2nd half. 95% of Connellys game is to latch on to through balls which was never going to happen. Surprised Maupay didnt play as he varies his game more

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Something needs to be done with lineos. Maupay was onside and could of actually scored the 2nd. What will happen to that bad call? Absolute nothing. They need to be fined.

They don't need to be fined, they need to be professional, and earning £100k a year, if they're good enough.

VAR is f**king ****, we just need highly professional officials to keep up with highly professional players, in ability, experience, and justlY rewarded in a industry awash with dosh. Mostly disproportionally and in the wrong places!

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The title race never has been and never will beM decided in November. Mansour’s ManC could start a run now of winning every game for the rest of the season with the odd draw.

Who’s your money on? Marginally Liverpool for me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The title race never has been and never will beM decided in November. Mansour’s ManC could start a run now of winning every game for the rest of the season with the odd draw.

They could. And it would do them eff all good if Liverpool don't oblige them by losing four!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A much better 2nd half, which is where GP is better than CH as he can see the problems and sort them out at half time ,but we were let down by 2 instances of poor defending and unfortunately it has to be said yet another one by Webster.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I was at the game. Thought we should have had a foul for their first only for the ref to play “advantage” and two seconds later they had a free kick on the edge of the area. From 35 minutes onwards we were the better team no doubt. We finished both halves very well and looked more likely team to score. Last 10 minutes they were hanging on. Dunk was superb, couple of crucial blocks, lots of composure, great passing, clever goal and could have had another first half. UTA.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who’s your money on? Marginally Liverpool for me.

Still ManC for me. All the following clubs have far and away the biggest budgets in their leagues, giving them the best squads at crunch time in each title run in. Their injuries are covered in every position by a readymade replacement:

Juve
Bayern
Celtic
PSG
ManC

In recent seasons we’ve seen the likes of Spuds, Liverpool, Dortmund, Napoli, look like they have a great chance, then just miss out.

The exception, Leicester’s 500/1 miracle. Helped by ManC’s poor transition season as they manoeuvred an unwanted manager out of the door, waiting for Guardiola. They’ve spent €762 on players during his three years, on top of an already more than decent squad.

10/3 at the bookies just now is very tempting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"It was very clever from Brighton but the keeper has just come on and is trying to set the wall. They are trying to get used to each other and the referee lets it go like this.
Why had the keeper just come on? Is it because Alisson was cheating, to stop us scoring? Tw@

(Klopp, obvs)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just back from watching the game at the sports bar.

The better team won the game, but there was much to be pleased with as regards the performance.

Obviously we were much the better team for the last 13 minutes after the sending off and there was only 1 team who was likely to score then.

A couple of disappointing key defensive mistakes for both goals, but a creditable performance away at the European champions and Premier winners-elect.

Compared with last season, the style of football is a refreshing change. We're at least trying to play football against the best sides.

Don't listen to the miserablists. Based on that showing, we'll be fine this season.

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
I managed to catch the last 30 mins.Was impressed for sure.My only complaint was often we overpass the ball and then it ends up going backwards instead of forwards.We need to get the ball into the box a lot more and a lot quicker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People complaining about a possible foul for their 2nd goal should realise that certain refs will always favour the top 6 sides and make it obvious, unfortunately we have had 2 in our last 2 games. Atkinson and Dean.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
What are you on about “Liverpool did not get out of second gear” I.f they did not it was because we did not allow them to. They would have scored 6 if it were possible, Listen to Warren Aspinal who said we kept them at bay. That does not sound like them not getting out of second gear. I would expect to hear that sort statement from a Liverpool fan, not one supporting Brighton.
Cannot think of any games that they have been poor and won.

Seriously - Brighton did not stop Liverpool doing anything - Liverpool dominated the first 20+ and then just took their foot off the gas, giving the Brighton players more time and space. Liverpool were comfortable throughout the entire game and Brighton rarely threatened the Liverpool goal until the sending off. The Brighton goal was a joke from a Liverpool perspective - they were still fixing the wall when the ref blew his whistle (too much focus on high-fiveing Adrian when he came on). After that they seemed to panic a bit - but Brighton still did not really threaten much in the last third over the final 15 minutes of play. I suspect that after the second goal Liverpool were thinking about the Merseyside derby on Wednesday,rather than Brighton today.

A sense of proportion needs to be kept here - Liverpool have had a few games like this over the past few weeks - against Palace last week where they scored in the last five minutes (while Liverpool had more possession - Palace had more shots - more shots on target - and more corners) - against Villa a couple of weeks earlier where Villa had several big chances, Liverpool were behind for most of the game and scored in the 87th minute and 4 minutes into injury time - and against Sheff Utd where Wilder said I am not bothered about pride, I am bothered about the result. Liverpool had an off day and I think we missed an opportunity. Liverpool were poor today - yet compare Wilder to what Potter said - There were lots of positives for us... We gave a really good account of ourselves against a top team

Three weeks ago people on here were going on about Brighton being in 8th place and I pointed out that a couple of games can change all of that - there are currently 6 points between 5th and 17th - Brighton are now 15th and if a couple of games tomorrow go a particular way then its 17th tomorrow night. Lose to Arsenal on Wednesday and its four losses on the bounce - something that happened once last season - then there are two games against an impressive Wolves and a really tough Palace team and very quickly the wheels are coming off. Southampton have beaten Watford and are 3 points behind Brighton - Southampton play Norwich on Wed - then Newcastle and West Ham. In a couple of weeks it could not be ruled out that Brighton are sitting in the relegation zone.

Now - Brighton have been doing okay this season - there is more going forward but a lot more shaky in defence. There is a lot of nervousness playing the ball around at the back - and every game there is one or two blunders. I think Brighton will be okay - Watford and Norwich are bad - but don't rule out a bit of a struggle before the season is over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here