Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus...i do hope you know what your doing...cos this is getting scary

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're talking like if we don't buy any1 apart from an average Spanish dude were gonna push on more than last year...

Yes we have strengthen the back four and keeper, which has been great business yes, but if we wanna sneak into the play offs I'd expect and hope for a decent striker or attacking midfielder to help the squad score more goals and get us a few away wins! If CMS is sold I see it as a backwards step up top and we will be no more than a mid table finish... My prediction, don't hate.

But if CMS is sold it will be BECAUSE WE ARE BRINGING A NEW STRIKER IN. And our first 11 is already massively improved, so we look likely to be near the playoffs as it is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Don't get panicky, hopefully the CMS bid will be rejected. Orlandi could be a fantastic signing, when he gets used to our style of play. More to come hopefully, so no need to worry!

watch the vid thats flying about on here he does already play our style
he looks like a good buy,
pinpoint passes
and can drop a pass on a sixpence

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Utter, utter, utter bollocks.

Am VERY happy with our business this summer.

IN - Bridge, Bruno, Crofts, Kuszczak, Orlandi (likely)
OUT - Noone, Navarro, Elphick

The "ins" are FAR stronger than the "outs". Very good work Gus, keep it up.

And we have got a few bob in the bank as well. I think i'm correct in saying our transfers have all been free but our outs have brought some money in.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My comment of nonsense was about
A> Cos they're prem they've defo met the valuation - that's nonsense
B> What's Gus been doing for the past 2 months blah blah - nonsense, clearly doesn't understand how the transfer window works. 90% of business is done in this last 48 hours, that's how it works.
It may also be a case of flogging him as we then can avoid paying peterborough the other million,another reason to sell?

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Do you think we're getting our money's worth from CMS?

In our first season no...This season yes I think we will, he already looks a better player and plays well in our style.

We have made a great defence, def mid, keeper....but it would be nice to see us now sign some flair and attacking well known players who can help us score some goals and push up the league from last year. Our squad has limited depth in attack. Seeking in that position just seems confusing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our squad has limited depth in attack.

Vicente
LuaLua
Buckley
CMS
Barnes
Orlandi

I reckon at TWO more quality players to that list and that is a very good Championship attack.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some seem to think that cause Norwich make a bid the North Norfolk Firm will be threatening Gus and Tony to sell CMS immediately.

Doesn't work like that. We'll sell only if the price is right and we get a replacement that Gus feels is a better player for us.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This season yes I think we will, he already looks a better player and plays well in our style.

I'm surprised you think like this about our record signing quite frankly.

For me we have started to get the best we can out of him but that is still far far short of what we should have got for our record signing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And don't forget the amount of weeks we loose BUCKLEY LUALUA VICENTE to injury

Seeing as there is only 2 slots really for the above 6 players, not a huge issue really.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Seeing as there is only 2 slots really for the above 6 players, not a huge issue really.

Oh is it not, silly me for doubting Barnes Orlandi as an attacking threat....

NOONE
CMS
VICENTE
LUA LUA
BUCKLEY
BARNES

Looks a lot better than

ORLANDI
LUALUA
BUCKLEY
BARNES
VICENTE

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh is it not, silly me for doubting Barnes Orlandi as an attacking threat....

NOONE
CMS
VICENTE
LUA LUA
BUCKLEY
BARNES

Looks a lot better than

ORLANDI
LUALUA
BUCKLEY
BARNES
VICENTE

Barnes is obviously a quality attacking threat at this level, as anyone with a brain can see. We are STILL BUYING NEW PLAYERS, why don't you wait until the window has closed before moaning?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It will happen as norwich obviously have targeted him and will up the offer if required and will double his wages aswell,sad as i think cms loves it here:(

Eh? I bet Norwich are looking at other strikers as well so not sure how you com to that conclusion

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm surprised nobody has bid for Barnes but there is a day and a bit to go yet.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Just in shock people seem all of a sudden happy that we are selling two of our most attacking players.

We have a very good defence, but you will always concede goals, with no out and out striker, ur not scoring and your gonna be heading for a very average season...I thought we wanted promotion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here