Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus...i do hope you know what your doing...cos this is getting scary

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The inference being that Barnes is rated more highly by the club than CMS? Really?

The inference being the amount of money we could command for CMS, and how much CMS cost us compared to how CMS has performed, also then compared to how much Barnes cost us compared to how Barnes has performed.

Barnes is comfortably the better player though, if you're wondering.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And hopefully BETTER replacements.

Yes. And if you look at every single piece of transfer business we've made so far this summer, "better" replacements look very likely.

Everyone chill out.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The inference being the amount of money we could command for CMS, and how much CMS cost us compared to how CMS has performed, also then compared to how much Barnes cost us compared to how Barnes has performed.

Not in my view but I recognise we all have different opinions.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
So we need better attacking players, but lets not sell the weakest of our attackers for large fees. How does that make sense?

If you think CMS is one of the weakest attacking players we have...u need to go out for some fresh air

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes. And if you look at every single piece of transfer business we've made so far this summer, "better" replacements look very likely.

Everyone chill out.

It's difficult to chill with so much anxiety and stress coursing through our collective veins.

:lolol:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I am not too worried I do have a slight concern. All well and get selling players as long as they are replaced with something better.

My concern is that we are selling our better younger players are replacing with players in late 20's / early 30's who at the end of contracts will have little to no value in the transfer market. There is no price on experience and we need loads of that to compete in The Championship.

The last couple of seasons we signed some good young players seen them mature into quality, what next are we going to sell off Buckley and KLL and replace with more late 20's / 30 somethings not sure if it is good business from a financial aspect.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Scary:
Aradaina_bungee_jumping_29c.jpg

Scary:
1.jpg

Not Scary:
Gus-Poyet.jpg

Get a grip.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

don't let Mr Burns catch you saying that

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Are NSC members suffering from a f$&king prozac shortage or something?

Calm down dears.

I agree with many of the posters on here, our business has been top-notch this summer. Look our back-line now - sexy.

Noone - also in my eyes - probably wouldn't be in our starting line-up if Buckley, KLL and Vicente were fit. He'll have a good season at Cardiff I'm sure - but I'm very confident he won't last there. If Cardiff get promoted, which I think they will, Noone won't cut it in the Prem. Last season he would be blowing out of arse after 65mins. His fitness levels over the full 90mins are poor. In the Prem that will show early doors and he'll probably get shipped off on loan. He will get bullied in that division. That's if they go up of course.

Let's look at CMS from another point of view; that of Norwich fans. As a Norwich fan right now I would be worried. Targeting a player who, lets admit it had a questionable first season for us at this level, as the striker who's going to fire the goals to keep them in the Premier League alongside Holt? I'd be a little more than concerned. If we can get £3-£3.5m for him, then I'm confident that Gus has got one or two classy replacements up his sleeve. He wouldn't get rid of his biggest signing to date without cushioning the blow.

Let's all put the kettle on and have a cuddle.

I think youre right, from Norwich perspective, no where near good enough for the prem. The old cv seems to do wonders i guess. But for us we kinda need him thats the problem

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
From the end of last season we have lost:
Gonzalez
Mattock, Reyes, Hall, Elphick
Navarro, Assulin, Noone
Vokes

We have signed
Kuszczak
Bruno, Bridge
Crofts

That means we are 2 defenders 2 wingers and a striker down on what we had when we ended the season, add to that Sparrow and Vincelot who Gus doesn't want in his first team and we look light in our squad. Gus said when he joined he wanted a squad of 23 players to compete fo places, currently we have:
Kuszczak, Brezovan, Ankergren
Bruno, Calderon, Bridge, Painter, Greer, El-Abd, Dunk
Buckley, Lualua, Vicente, Crofts, Bridcutt, Dicker, Harley
Barnes, CMS, Hoskins

We also have a number of development players looking to break in to the squad with Agdestein, Barker, Sampoya, Rodgers, Caskey having played a few games between us. Our first team squad at the moment has 20 people in it which is a little light especially if we get hit by injuries or suspensions. We need 3 more signings to make that 23 otherwise Sparrow and Vincelot will have to be considered as a part of it.

Our replacements have dramatically improved those who went out which has improved our starting line up but our squad is light in numbers and there is a large drop in quality from the starting 11 to the bench

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
don't let Mr Burns catch you saying that

If Barnes was that good, wouldn't someone have tabled a large bid for him? I am a fan of his btw.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
*Shouts* For the 5th time, we WON'T SELL ATTACKING PLAYERS UNLESS WE HAVE ATTACKING REPLACEMENTS LINED UP!

What did I just say about rest homes?...

It's days like today where I do wish I was in a rest home, locked away with no access to a computer or any other form of technology

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Barnes was that good, wouldn't someone have tabled a large bid for him? I am a fan of his btw.

You could use that logic for any player at any of the 92 clubs in the Football League.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you think CMS is one of the weakest attacking players we have...u need to go out for some fresh air
If you think he's not you need to go out and to watch a game of football.
If you think that keeping everything the same is a good way of making it better you need to recycle your head.
If you are scared because we sold Craig Noone you need to sit down.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

maybe they have
cards close to the chest and all that
he has always been in Gus's plans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here