Gus...i do hope you know what your doing...cos this is getting scary

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Are NSC members suffering from a f$&king prozac shortage or something?

Calm down dears.

I agree with many of the posters on here, our business has been top-notch this summer. Look our back-line now - sexy.

Noone - also in my eyes - probably wouldn't be in our starting line-up if Buckley, KLL and Vicente were fit. He'll have a good season at Cardiff I'm sure - but I'm very confident he won't last there. If Cardiff get promoted, which I think they will, Noone won't cut it in the Prem. Last season he would be blowing out of arse after 65mins. His fitness levels over the full 90mins are poor. In the Prem that will show early doors and he'll probably get shipped off on loan. He will get bullied in that division. That's if they go up of course.

Let's look at CMS from another point of view; that of Norwich fans. As a Norwich fan right now I would be worried. Targeting a player who, lets admit it had a questionable first season for us at this level, as the striker who's going to fire the goals to keep them in the Premier League alongside Holt? I'd be a little more than concerned. If we can get £3-£3.5m for him, then I'm confident that Gus has got one or two classy replacements up his sleeve. He wouldn't get rid of his biggest signing to date without cushioning the blow.

Let's all put the kettle on and have a cuddle.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm surprised nobody has bid for Barnes but there is a day and a bit to go yet.

I doubt he's for sale, whereas I wouldn't be surprised if CMS was.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just in shock people seem all of a sudden happy that we are selling two of our most attacking players.

We have a very good defence, but you will always concede goals, with no out and out striker, ur not scoring and your gonna be heading for a very average season...I thought we wanted promotion?

Re: Noone - happy that we have replaced him with someone better, yes.

Re: CMS - Cautiously excited about who we might bring in.

How can you not see that our squad is miles better than last season's?! Sake.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

Calm down dears.

I agree with many of the posters on here, our business has been top-notch this summer. Look our back-line now - sexy.

Noone - also in my eyes - probably wouldn't be in our starting line-up if Buckley, KLL and Vicente were fit. He'll have a good season at Cardiff I'm sure - but I'm very confident he won't last there. If Cardiff get promoted, which I think they will, Noone won't cut it in the Prem. Last season he would be blowing out of arse after 65mins. His fitness levels over the full 90mins are poor. In the Prem that will show early doors and he'll probably get shipped off on loan. He will get bullied in that division. That's if they go up of course.

Let's look at CMS from another point of view; that of Norwich fans. As a Norwich fan right now I would be worried. Targeting a player who, lets admit it had a questionable first season for us at this level, as the striker who's going to fire the goals to keep them in the Premier League alongside Holt? I'd be a little more than concerned. If we can get £3-£3.5m for him, then I'm confident that Gus has got one or two classy replacements up his sleeve. He wouldn't get rid of his biggest signing to date without cushioning the blow.

It's ok I took my prozac this morning, feeling really groovy

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hmmm

Ins
Kooooshack
Bruno
Bridge
Crofts
Vicente (extended contract)
Orlandi (probably)

Outs
Noone
Elphick
Hall (out of contract anyway)
Navarro
Sparrow (possibly)
Vincelot (possibly)

It's really not though, is it? Gus will bring in quality, on a par with those that have have recruited since last season, in the positions we need.

Conclusion: Chill the feck out!

Oh do get a grip on yourself man.

Kuszczak, Bruno, Bridge, Crofts in, and Vicente retained.
Elphick, Navarro, and now £1m for Noone going out.

I'd say the transfer window has seen us upgrade. Not sure many of us went into August with Noone being part of our starting XI. He's behind Buckley and KLL for me, so £1m for a third choice winger, when we very rarely start with 2, is pretty good business.

Bring in Orlandi, and that's another piece of really good business, bringing in a player who was a key part of a promotion side in this division. that's exactly what we should be doing.

Top work Gus, keep it up!

Utter, utter, utter bollocks.

Am VERY happy with our business this summer.

IN - Bridge, Bruno, Crofts, Kuszczak, Orlandi (likely)
OUT - Noone, Navarro, Elphick

The "ins" are FAR stronger than the "outs". Very good work Gus, keep it up.

Good to see we are all thinking the same thing, at the same time!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Calm down dears.

Top post. It's like working in a rest home in here sometimes, trying to keep everyone calm and remind them of the basics.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Just in shock people seem all of a sudden happy that we are selling two of our most attacking players.

We have a very good defence, but you will always concede goals, with no out and out striker, ur not scoring and your gonna be heading for a very average season...I thought we wanted promotion?
We've sold our worst winger for a big fee and got a better player in to replace, if we sell CMS then we will have at least got our money back and I'm sure it would also be predicated upon us getting a striker in.

I'm shocked people seem to think this a reason to be cowering in the corner quivering with fear.

Top post. It's like working in a rest home in here sometimes, trying to keep everyone calm and remind them of the basics.
That is brilliant. :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hmmm

Ins
Kooooshack
Bruno
Bridge
Crofts
Vicente (extended contract)
Orlandi (probably)

Outs
Noone
Elphick
Hall (out of contract anyway)
Navarro
Sparrow (possibly)
Vincelot (possibly)

It's really not though, is it? Gus will bring in quality, on a par with those that have have recruited since last season, in the positions we need.

Conclusion: Chill the feck out!

Thank you for your post of rare sanity :D

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Re: Noone - happy that we have replaced him with someone better, yes.

Re: CMS - Cautiously excited about who we might bring in.

How can you not see that our squad is miles better than last season's?! Sake.

No no, we have a better DEFENCE than last year, thts what I'm saying. WE ARE STRONGER AT THE BACK AND LOOK SOLID, BUT TO BE UP NEAR THE TOP END, U NEED TO SCORE GOALS!

Few weeks ago a lot of moaning that we are not scoring, one game we score 5 against a shocking team and were happy to let attacking players go...how that make sense?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
LiveTransferNews ‏@TransferHQ
Brighton have rejected Norwich City's bid for striker Craig Mackail-Smith. #NCFC #BHAFC

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh do get a grip on yourself man.

Kuszczak, Bruno, Bridge, Crofts in, and Vicente retained.
Elphick, Navarro, and now £1m for Noone going out.

I'd say the transfer window has seen us upgrade. Not sure many of us went into August with Noone being part of our starting XI. He's behind Buckley and KLL for me, so £1m for a third choice winger, when we very rarely start with 2, is pretty good business.

Bring in Orlandi, and that's another piece of really good business, bringing in a player who was a key part of a promotion side in this division. that's exactly what we should be doing.

Top work Gus, keep it up!

This. Well said Gritt23

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No no, we have a better DEFENCE than last year, thts what I'm saying. WE ARE STRONGER AT THE BACK AND LOOK SOLID, BUT TO BE UP NEAR THE TOP END, U NEED TO SCORE GOALS!

Few weeks ago a lot of moaning that we are not scoring, one game we score 5 against a shocking team and were happy to let attacking players go...how that make sense?

*Shouts* For the 5th time, we WON'T SELL ATTACKING PLAYERS UNLESS WE HAVE ATTACKING REPLACEMENTS LINED UP!

What did I just say about rest homes?...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Replace one attacking player with another (Orlandi for Noone).

Who else are you on about?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I doubt he's for sale, whereas I wouldn't be surprised if CMS was.

The inference being that Barnes is rated more highly by the club than CMS? Really?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I wonder what the impact of transfer negotiations are on a player - when the transfer does not happen.

We were going to sell you - but then we couldn't get anyone better. But we still believe in you.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

So we need better attacking players, but lets not sell the weakest of our attackers for large fees. How does that make sense?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
*Shouts* For the 5th time, we WON'T SELL ATTACKING PLAYERS UNLESS WE HAVE ATTACKING REPLACEMENTS LINED UP!

What did I just say about rest homes?...

And hopefully BETTER replacements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports