Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray..

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Give it another 15 games and lets see where you are. You have had easier games than us as well.

You lost 2-1 to Peterborough. Brighton won 2-0 against them. We both drew against Blackpool. We have both played 3 games each against top 3 sides and bottom 3 sides.

Which ones were easier?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh right, fair enough.

BTW, I thought the Saints were Pompey's rivals?

They are, but even they are bigger than Pompey these days, Pompey are going to have to concentrate on Bournemouth soon.

Plus Pompey are scum, so they hate everyone. Have you ever been there? It's no surprise really.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Mcshane in the 79th min, thats your best memory, shows how far your club has come..

Never won f*** all.

Just f*** off & pay all your Creditors.

Oh sorry, I forgot. You NEVER do these days do you... ? :tosser:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well what the f*** have you lot won then (assuming you're Palarse)? Maybe I've completely missed a period of history when you were inundated with glory & silverwear? No doubt you'll think that your FA Cup Runners-Up spot was more worthy than ours 'cos it was slightly more recent... :rolleyes:

He's Pompey, and they won the FA Cup by spending money they didn't have and ended up in administration because of it.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Come on fellas !

The only thing Palace will come away from the Amex with is their reputation in tatters. Better form, better players, better manager, home advantage all points to an Albion win. Winning margin will be 2-3 goals. No problem.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When you win something then start talking commander you muppet.
You do realise that no-one respects the fact that you WON that trophy - the only trophy you've won since the 1950s? You f***ing cheated in order to win it, you twat.

All that money pissed away and what have you got to show for it? A ROOF on the away end at your shabby ground from yesteryear. Your gates are about 13,000 and some of them will soon drift away. Meanwhile, your arch rivals Southampton are top and are playing to over 20,000 every week, much like your other near(ish) neighbours, Brighton. Perhaps go and LORD IT UP on a Bournemouth board somewhere? They are more your level.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You lost 2-1 to Peterborough. Brighton won 2-0 against them. We both drew against Blackpool. We have both played 3 games each against top 3 sides and bottom 3 sides.

Which ones were easier?

You were at home, big difference. P'boro won 7-1 in there next home match aswell. You have played Donny at home also, releagtion fodder. Leeds and Hull away are tough games as is Cardiff. Pompey and Bristol City away are games i would expect us to get something from.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Come on fellas !

The only thing Palace will come away from the Amex with is their reputation in tatters. Better form, better players, better manager, home advantage all points to an Albion win. Winning margin will be 2-3 goals. No problem.

Quoted so i can bump on 28/09/11 :)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Come on fellas !

Don't say things like that, it will only come back to bite you in the arse!

Quoted so i can bump on 28/09/11 :)

Too late!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He's Pompey, and they won the FA Cup by spending money they didn't have and ended up in administration because of it.

Yeah, I realised that after launching my well constructed - but seriously inaccurate - riposte. It's a good job nobody saw it innit? :blush:

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Come on fellas !

Noted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You were at home, big difference. P'boro won 7-1 in there next home match aswell. You have played Donny at home also, releagtion fodder. Leeds and Hull away are tough games as is Cardiff. Pompey and Bristol City away are games i would expect us to get something from.
You can only beat what's in front of you though. Incidentally, Doncaster looked neat and tidy on the first day of the season. A bit limited, but not really relegation fodder. Unfortunately for them, they got decimated by injuries to 4 or 5 keys players and with a small squad they have struggled badly ever since.

I will concede that Palace's form worries me slightly. I'm also annoyed you're seeing something approaching the best of Murray - if there was any justice, you'd be putting up with 2 seasons of threatening to be good before you got to see him at his best. I am not convinced we will batter you any more, and could see a draw or slender win on the 27th. A defeat is unthinkable, especially as it is two days after my 40th birthday.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
He was a class act last night,bags of energy great awareness and has a great eye for goal. Was very unlucky not to have scored.

He looks at home and class in a Palace shirt. :p

He will score at the Amex don't worry.

cheers to Brighton for allowing the beam back at Selhurst on the 27th although I will be at the game. :thumbsup:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think we need telling how good Glenn can be. If you can keep him fit and happy then you have a very good player on your hands. It is an if though rather than a probable. On the question of would we rather have him still? Hard to say really. Who knows if we would have signed CMS if we had retained Glenn? Or whether, in turn, we would be considered a big enough deal for Vicente to come? And would we be top of the table? So, on balance, seeing as we could hardly have started much better than be top and have beaten Premier League opposition in the Carling Cup, I'd say we are happy with the arrangement.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think we need telling how good Glenn can be. If you can keep him fit and happy then you have a very good player on your hands. It is an if though rather than a probable. On the question of would we rather have him still? Hard to say really. Who knows if we would have signed CMS if we had retained Glenn? Or whether, in turn, we would be considered a big enough deal for Vicente to come? And would we be top of the table? So, on balance, seeing as we could hardly have started much better than be top and have beaten Premier League opposition in the Carling Cup, I'd say we are happy with the arrangement.

That's just it. Everything Gus has done to date has been nigh on perfect. We are currently sitting on top of the league and so I can't see there's a case to answer that we should have kept hold of him

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
So would I be, it's the 1st time I have seen Glenn play this season and hope he can maintain that level of his game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We all know Murray is good. He got us promoted with his goals last season. Palace have done well to get him I think.
Indeed, the Brighton fans who were going on about him not being good enough etc were always on a hiding to nothing, cos he is a good player and a good signing for Palace.

Our strikeforce now is stronger than last year's but that doesn't mean that keeping Murray he wouldn't have been a useful part of that group.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All that money pissed away and what have you got to show for it? A ROOF on the away end at your shabby ground from yesteryear. Your gates are about 13,000 and some of them will soon drift away. Meanwhile, your arch rivals Southampton are top and are playing to over 20,000 every week.

Yes, I know many a Pompey fan who laments this - although they also say they wouldn't have swapped the cup run for anything...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here