Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably, seeing as even in friendlies, we've not, not scored at the Amex this season!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The more I think about this game, having said we'd win by the odd goal, with all these flair and attack minded players, what's the betting it ends up 0-0?

It can't...can it?

Highly likely I'd say. :wink:

wotsit1

Banned
Aug 16, 2011
Glenn Murray is a much better player than Craig Mackail Smith..
CMS is so over-rated.. he cant SHOOT, cant CROSS, cant HEADER, all he has is a bit of pace.. and goes missing in most games..
You paid 2.5m for a 27 year old, so clearly your building for the future..
Glenn Murray was on a free transfer.. and is 27 years old..

Murray is the complete package!

Palace have a very good team at the moment, i honestly can see them beating Brighton at the amex..

Doncaster came very close, and blackpool, and against pompey my god you were lucky.

Brighton could easily be sitting in 8th or 9th, they have just had luck.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The more I think about this game, having said we'd win by the odd goal, with all these flair and attack minded players, what's the betting it ends up 0-0?

It can't...can it?

That's what I said earlier on, a drab nil nil would be about right after all the build up

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
CMS is so over-rated.. he cant SHOOT, cant CROSS, cant HEADER, all he has is a bit of pace.. and goes missing in most games..

Palace have a very good team at the moment, i honestly can see them beating Brighton at the amex..

Doncaster came very close, and blackpool, and against pompey my god you were lucky.

Ahh Mr Wotsit, welcome to the thread. Is that the same CMS that scored the winner at Fratton Park?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

It can't...can it?

No chance. 6 goals i reckon, 3-3!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

you are a twatt...fact.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

What is quite funny about this ill informed post is that it is exactly the same as what we got all season last year from Scc, Udders and even MK and Peterborough,.... "Brighton have been lucky"... "Brighton will fade soon",.... "just wait until they hit their bad patch".... fact is mate we never did and were top from September to the end,...... now I do suspect we may dip from where we are, top 10 realistic,... but I GUARANTEE that CMS will have more goals than Murray, in fact probably Barnes, Noone and Hoskins will too.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
but I GUARANTEE that CMS will have more goals than Murray, in fact probably Barnes, Noone and Hoskins will too.

You think a winger in Noone will score more than our main striker. So deluded it's unreal!

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
He did the same for us last season. He was the focal point of the strike force and the first part of our defence. There are plenty of history revisionists on NSC who will say different, and that there were attitude issues, but these have not been borne out in his goals to games ratio over his career at the Albion. He was probably the third best striker in L1 last season, CMS is better for all round effort, Lambert has everything apart from pace.

At the start of the season I would have said that Murray and CMS would be a perfect pair of strikers for this division.

I have to admit however that Barnes has impressed, he is playing a withdrawn role, and we are often 4-1-4-1, rather than 4-4-2.

As a free transfer he is a great capture for Palace, anyone claiming different is living in La-La land.

Voice of reason. Very true comment...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

You really are a Grade A TOOL. Go away. :wave:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You think a winger in Noone will score more than our main striker. So deluded it's unreal!

Agree I think that one is unlikely. But saying that Murray may not play as much as Noone and they are level on goals at the moment so you never know. I think Barnes, CMS and possibly Hoskins are fair shouts though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is every thread on NSC going to be infested by bloody Palace fans? I'm all for fans from other clubs coming on to the site but do Palace fans have the right to turn every thread into a tedious name calling "My Dad's bigger than your Dad" binfest? it's so tedious.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Who on here can honestly say they would rather have Hoskins than Murray? And Barnes for that matter.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

For someone who cant shoot or header, scoring 35 goals last year was pretty impressive then. 27 year old stikers are players in their absolute prime, so yes, we are building for the future with him and youngsters like Barnes and Nooone.

I love this bit about how we could easily have been 8th or 9th but we have been lucky. Did you know that we were lucky last year as well, it's not that we were better than Southampton you see, just that we were luckier. Constantly.

You just have nothing left to cling to, do you? At least Palace are playing well and look like being in with a shout of challenging for the play-offs, probably along with us. All you have to look forward to is relegation and the knowledge that you live in the shittiest, nastiest, run-down dump of a city on the south coast.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who on here can honestly say they would rather have Hoskins than Murray? And Barnes for that matter.

Hoskins is better for sure. Barnes is another story, but he is very young and showing promises of being a great goalscorer. Certainly Barnes is better now (aged 21), than when we first got Murray, aged 23.

wotsit1

Banned
Aug 16, 2011
For someone who cant shoot or header, scoring 35 goals last year was pretty impressive then. 27 year old stikers are players in their absolute prime, so yes, we are building for the future with him and youngsters like Barnes and Nooone.

I love this bit about how we could easily have been 8th or 9th but we have been lucky. Did you know that we were lucky last year as well, it's not that we were better than Southampton you see, just that we were luckier. Constantly.

You just have nothing left to cling to, do you? At least Palace are playing well and look like being in with a shout of challenging for the play-offs, probably along with us. All you have to look forward to is relegation and the knowledge that you live in the shittiest, nastiest, run-down dump of a city on the south coast.

Sit down, no history! nuff said..

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Hoskins is better for sure. Barnes is another story, but he is very young and showing promises of being a great goalscorer. Certainly Barnes is better now (aged 21), than when we first got Murray, aged 23.

How the hell is Hoskins better? A championship flop last time out, what has he done this time around that's so amazing??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here