Glenn Murray..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
, your riding high on the crest of a wave and it's all gone to your heads, there is so much arrogance on here it's unreal! WE ARE 6 GAMES IN FFS!

Isn't it great? Where have all those Palace fans gone who said we were relegation fodder and didn't know how hard a step up the Championship would be? Little Brighton taking it all in our stride, just going about our business at the top of 'your' league.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Performances do matter, luck only lasts for so long. The way you lot talk is as if you turn up every game and win 5-0 when in fact you've scraped a few wins this season, if Sharp hadn't of been assualted by Dunk you would have lost that game and the momentum would have been gone. Give it time and as i say you will be found out, your riding high on the crest of a wave and it's all gone to your heads, there is so much arrogance on here it's unreal! WE ARE 6 GAMES IN FFS!

We have heard pretty exactly that for the last year, everyone told us we wouldn't stay the pace at the top of L1 and Southampton would steamroller past. To be fair I don't think many Brighton fans expect us to stay top all season like we did last year but you have to excuse the optimism on here when we have had pretty much the perfect 18 months and things look like they're continuing. For every outsider that thinks it's arrogance you get another tipping us for promotion

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
We have heard pretty exactly that for the last year, everyone told us we wouldn't stay the pace at the top of L1 and Southampton would steamroller past. To be fair I don't think many Brighton fans expect us to stay top all season like we did last year but you have to excuse the optimism on here when we have had pretty much the perfect 18 months and things look like they're continuing. For every outsider that thinks it's arrogance you get another tipping us for promotion

Indeed we have, Sheffield Wednesday fans were quite vocal in their believe it was only a matter of time before we tumbled down the table. How are they getting on these days?

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Murray will be sent off for a disgraceful challenge on Greer when they're 2-0 down.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
We are a best priced 8/1 to win the section, Palace are 150/1. Bookmakers are not Brighton supporters on a forum. Maybe you are a tad blinkered, considered that as a possibility?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Performances do matter, luck only lasts for so long. The way you lot talk is as if you turn up every game and win 5-0 when in fact you've scraped a few wins this season, if Sharp hadn't of been assualted by Dunk you would have lost that game and the momentum would have been gone. Give it time and as i say you will be found out, your riding high on the crest of a wave and it's all gone to your heads, there is so much arrogance on here it's unreal! WE ARE 6 GAMES IN FFS!

Sorry, you are saying if Dunk had been sent off in the first game we would have collapsed and lost all the other ones? I'm sory but that is ridiculous.

It's not so much arrogance on here mate, but when you are told consistently for a year by rival teams that you have been lucky and it will run out soon and you will start sliding down the table soon enough and it doesn't happen, and you keep on being 'lucky' consistently and keep on 'scraping' wins week after week after week, you start to believe it. I'm sure if it was happening to you you would do the same.

We are a best priced 8/1 to win the section, Palace are 150/1. Bookmakers are not Brighton supporters on a forum. Maybe you are a tad blinkered, considered that as a possibility?

Very true.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Sorry, you are saying if Dunk had been sent off in the first game we would have collapsed and lost all the other ones? I'm sory but that is ridiculous.

It's not so much arrogance on here mate, but when you are told consistently for a year by rival teams that you have been lucky and it will run out soon and you will start sliding down the table soon enough and it doesn't happen, and you keep on being 'lucky' consistently and keep on 'scraping' wins week after week after week, you start to believe it. I'm sure if it was happening to you you would do the same.

Very true.

That first late win gave you something massive: MOMENTUM. Then the missed pen a week later at Pompey added to it. You could easily be sitting 8th or 9th. If you think you're going to keep winning week in, week out in this league then you are mad, it's a tough league. Derby started like a train last season and finished 19th. I fully expect you to taste defeat at least once in the next 3 league games.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

Mmmmm, more advice and predictions from a Palace fan.

First of all you lot said we were lucky... and it was only Donny. But we still won. Then you said we were lucky against Portsmouth... but we still won. Then you lot said we would get a cChampionship footballing lesson at Cardiff. We won comfortably. Each game goes by and you lot will come up with some excuse.

Trust me fella, it was the same all season long last year. Saints fans saying we wouldn't keep up etc etc. There is actually very little arrogance on this board. Some people are still saying things like " another 26 points until we are safe from relegation". That's hardly arrogance.

But the one thing we can all be sure of , is you lot on here all season telling us how we are just lucky, and how our stadium is wonky. How it cost too much money, and that Poyet will no doubt be off to manage Wigan or some such rubbish.

If I were a Palace fan ( Thank christ I am not ), I would spend a little more time on my own teams bored concerning myself with what a shithole Selhurst Park is , and Croydon in general. And discussing what sort of attendances you will be getting in League 2 in about 3 seasons time.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
That first late win gave you something massive: MOMENTUM. Then the missed pen a week later at Pompey added to it. You could easily be sitting 8th or 9th. If you think you're going to keep winning week in, week out in this league then you are mad, it's a tough league. Derby started like a train last season and finished 19th. I fully expect you to taste defeat at least once in the next 3 league games.

Leicester will be well up for it, seeing as Sven is under pressure already after spending £12m in the summer and having only picked up two wins.

Last edited:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would quite happily let Leeds beat us 39 - Nil as long as we smash you lot.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

No-one would be surprised if lost our next game, no one is expecting us to win every game like we are currently doing. Everyone knows we will lose games. Stop trying to invent this arrogance to suit your agenda. Even if we did lose in the next 3 it would hardly be a disaster or mean the "wheels have come off" etc. Anyone who says we will beat you 5 or 6 nil is clearly on a wind up.

Oh and we've have had momentum since Poyet took over, and since this time last year where we have spent a total of about 4 games (all this season) where we weren't top of the league. We had momentum long before Doncaster

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...

First of all you lot said we were lucky... and it was only Donny. But we still won. Then you said we were lucky against Portsmouth... but we still won. Then you lot said we would get a cChampionship footballing lesson at Cardiff. We won comfortably. Each game goes by and you lot will come up with some excuse.

Trust me fella, it was the same all season long last year. Saints fans saying we wouldn't keep up etc etc. There is actually very little arrogance on this board. Some people are still saying things like " another 26 points until we are safe from relegation". That's hardly arrogance.

But the one thing we can all be sure of , is you lot on here all season telling us how we are just lucky, and how our stadium is wonky. How it cost too much money, and that Poyet will no doubt be off to manage Wigan or some such rubbish.

If I were a Palace fan ( Thank christ I am not ), I would spend a little more time on my own teams bored concerning myself with what a shithole Selhurst Park is , and Croydon in general. And discussing what sort of attendances you will be getting in League 2 in about 3 seasons time.

IF (and it's a big fat juicy IF) you are in the top three after New Years Day, I shall put my hands up and start thinking that maybe just maybe you could get promoted. It's more likely though, that you will finish mid-table, as I think we will.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Rubbish. We are top because we have been the best team, and won the most games. Momentum is important, but not as important as being the best team. If we hadn't have conceeded a last minute equaliser to Blackpool we would be another two points clear as well. But we did, so there isn't much point in talking about it.

If we don't taste defeat once in the next 3 league games I will be astonished. Even if we taste defeat twice we will have played 9 games and lost only 2. Everyone on here would have snapped that up at the start of the season, and we will still be ahead of you.

IF we manage to keep this up and are still in the top 3 for the foreseeable future, at what point do you think you will give up with the 'it's not going to last' line? Because Southampton were still doing it in May last year.

Leicester will be well up for it, seeing as Sven is under pressure already after spending £12m in the summer and have only picked up two wins.

Right, so we should be extra careful of teams that are playing shit. OK, thanks for the advice.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
IF (and it's a big fat juicy IF) you are in the top three after New Years Day, I shall put my hands up and start thinking that maybe just maybe you could get promoted. It's more likely though, that you will finish mid-table, as I think we will.

Thanks for answering my question before I posted it

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

You keep winning but it's 6 games. Big bloody deal. As i say, Derby won a load at the start of last season then dropped like a stone. Millwall where top till November one season and went down!

And of course mate, League 2 football for us is a given isn't it...FFS. Quality manager that cares for the club, great board, fans united, decent squad, fantastic young talented players coming through year in year out. The future's bright you complete :tosser:

Very little arrogance on this board? Another deluded comment. You think you're in the Prem already!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Leicester will be well up for it, seeing as Sven is under pressure already after spending £12m in the summer and having only picked up two wins.

Or on the other hand, the pressure on them because of the very facts you quote may prove too much for them to cope with. Who knows? Neither of us, that's for sure!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

There are a lot of Brighton fans who would have bitten your arm of for mid table before the season started. Now that we have seen how things will be I think pushing for the play offs is certainly achievable. Promotion is dream world. The thing that amazes me is how surprised Palace fans are. Last season we beat Watford away in the cup and Portsmouth at home. Add to that a Premiership side in Sunderland at home this year.
Poyet always goes on about averaging 2 points per game. His record since Adkins took over at Southampton if I remember correctly.... up until now is 46 league games with 103 points. Averaging 2.12 points per league game. This season in the league only it is actually better.
Of course we will lose at some point.... jesus we will not stay unbeaten all season, but if you think the wheels will fall off once we do, then I think you are underestimating quite how good at this football management lark Poyet is.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You were at home, big difference. P'boro won 7-1 in there next home match aswell.

Not long ago....in fact last season we destroyed them 3-0 at London Road. I think you are clutching at straws. At the end of the day lets see what happens on the 27th. I think you're going to be in for a mighty shock. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it. :thumbsup:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

I think your right, mid table table for both clubs and we would be more than happy with that.

There is no more arrogance on our part then we've had in the past. Regardless of where we were or where we've been we've always known that our club has a soul, has class and has the potential to be an established club in the premiership.
I understand how gawling it must be for you to see us rise to this level but you should just be contented with being a small suburban team in South London where every other team just looks on at you in amusement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports