Films that sh*t you up as a kid

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When the Wind Blows shit me up a as a kid and a TV series called Arthur C Clarke's world of strange powers, all about ghosts, poltergeists and strange happenings, I used to cry in bed I was so scared after that prog. And Children Of The Stone.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
As a kid....

IT
Terrorvision
Hellraiser

Even to this day.....

The Ring
.......and IT still - bloody hate clowns!

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
The Dark Side of the Moon, Prince of Darkness and, of course, The Exorcist.

Films with giant spiders, killer sharks or chainsaw wielding maniacs never really scared me,
but the ones about the devil, demonic possessions and exorcisms "sh*t me up" infallibly.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Wes Cravens' Last House On the Left

I've not been able to murder travellers ever since...:D

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not a scary film, but I watched "Ring of Bright Water" when I was very young - that really upset me! Such a nice, sweet film then the bastard with the spade turns up!!

My wife had nightmares recently after watching "Black Swan".

And I agree with Lush - my kids HATED the Lion bit on Teletubbies!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Child catcher in CCBB deffo !! (one of my mates girlfriends looks just like him very odd looking young lady same hair same nose ) !!
and would also say that I agree with Magic (Anthony Hopkins) that is one creeping f***ing film !!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The trilogy episodes and the stephen king episode of Quantum Leap creeped me out a little.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a film, but an episode of The Hammer House of Horror called "The House That Bled to Death" scared the living shite out of me. Not really liked horror movies ever since

*shudders like a girl*

Was that the one with the childrens birthday party, and one of the presents unwrapped was a dirty great AXE

And then the walls started bleeding ?

That one was TERRIFYING

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Jurassic Park... cried on my mothers lap in the cinema. "But you love dinosaurs," she'd quip. Not scary ones with big nasty teeth that eat you WHEN YOU'RE ON THE BLEEDING TOILET *shudder*

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Was that the one with the childrens birthday party, and one of the presents unwrapped was a dirty great AXE

And then the walls started bleeding ?

That one was TERRIFYING

Apparently so. Never got that far, I turned off when the bathroom pipes started bleeding, but El Pres seems to know:

That happened during the daughter's birthday party. The father had rigged the pipework himself, along with all the other noises and happenings.

As a result the father wrote a book about the house being possessed, which became a best seller. All the mothers of the girls at the party vouched for what happened, which helped the book sell so well.

The final scene is the father receiving the royalty cheque, laughing about how much money he had made to the wife, and the daughter, who had gone a bit head mental by this stage, realised she had been used by the father to make him rich, and so picked up a knife, Michael Myers style, and stabbed her dad through the heart.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Omen - 1 and 2 if I remember correctly.

Me too. I remember I actually grabbed a bible from in the house somewhere and read some of the quoted passages as I watched. I am not religious in the slightest, but as a youngest it seemed all a little too real!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Carrie

carrie1.jpg

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
My uncle used to show me one on a projector, at least he said he was my uncle.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two really, An American Werewolf In London and A Nightmare On Elm Street....not recommended viewing for a 10 year old.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports