Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Films that sh*t you up as a kid

The REF

Jun 30, 2012
ERASERHEAD sent me loopy when I was about 18 or so............. weird film

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Not exactly the scariest of films but The Witches used to scare the absolute shit out of me!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone ever see this? I had been trying to remember it for years, and finally managed to figure it out recently. Cannot find a full English copy anywhere unfortunately. Not sure what it was in this cartoon/film that scared me, but I have been deeply effected ever since.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
When i was about 10ish my uncle put on a fil called the monster club with Vincent price in it. Was made up of 3 short films. the bit that shit me up was the bloke that would whistle supersonically at things to burn them, ie a cat that eat one of his birds and the cleaner when she nicked his money. When she got home and removed her hood to reveal her burnt face - urgh! couldnt sleep that night.

The best part of the film though was the stripper who stripped off everything, even her skin! :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When i was about 10ish my uncle put on a fil called the monster club with Vincent price in it. Was made up of 3 short films. the bit that shit me up was the bloke that would whistle supersonically at things to burn them, ie a cat that eat one of his birds and the cleaner when she nicked his money. When she got home and removed her hood to reveal her burnt face - urgh! couldnt sleep that night.

The best part of the film though was the stripper who stripped off everything, even her skin! :lolol:

Robbie Williams?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Not exactly the scariest of films but The Witches used to scare the absolute shit out of me!

Is that the one where their faces all peeled off in that Church? My grandma got me that on VHS when I was really young, thinking as a Roald Dahl film it would be fun. It wasn't, kept me awake for weeks after.

Edit: Just Youtube'd it and found the bit that I meant, first time I've seen this since I was about 4. It's still scary. (2 minutes in)

Last edited:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Not a film, but an episode of The Hammer House of Horror called "The House That Bled to Death" scared the living shite out of me. Not really liked horror movies ever since

*shudders like a girl*

This is my first post here so Hello!

YES!!! That episode terrified me when I was a kid. All I could ever remember from it (and it has stayed with me ever since) was the cut up cat and I'm sure there was a kids birthday party at the end.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Michael Jackson's Thriller. It's the only thing I can remember seeing that I can remember having nightmares about.

Cue jokes about Jacko scaring kids in other ways...

:lolol: I used to get my dad to tell me when the car scene was over because I loved the song but hated the start.

I can't remember what the film is called but I think they are trying to kidnap the president and they cut the power to his house, not scary normally but about 10 minutes after watching the film the power went out....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here