Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I kinda want it to happen because of all the comments Edna has made about him to the palace fans on here. I know Edna's comments are more about the amount of money they paid rather than questioning Gayle's potential contribution in the Championship, but still, it's gotta be worth a laugh.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I kinda want it to happen because of all the comments Edna has made about him to the palace fans on here. I know Edna's comments are more about the amount of money they paid rather than questioning Gayle's potential contribution in the Championship, but still, it's gotta be worth a laugh.

You think that the palace troll that made this up didn't think EXACTLY the same thing?.. Come on.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I thought he turned down a move to Bristol City as he wanted to stay in the PL. I don't think geography came into it, much more likely to be down to how much anyone will pay him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is actually.

I assume Reading and Comprehension isn't one of yours?

Shall we deconstruct your post?

"He wants to stay in the South, which is why he turned down Bristol City."
"He'd go as far as Norwich"

Norwich is both further to travel from where he is now, than Bristol, and further North.

:shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Shall we deconstruct your post?

"He wants to stay in the South, which is why he turned down Bristol City."
"He'd go as far as Norwich"

Norwich is both further to travel from where he is now, than Bristol, and further North.

:shrug:

130.gif

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It is actually.

I think that should be: "I assume Reading and Comprehension aren't either of yours?" :rolleyes:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Our strong start to the season will make us a more attractive option than 4 weeks ago, Tony Bloom knows that the goal posts have been moved in the championship and that if we are to have a genuine chance at promotion then an out and out goal-scoring striker is essential. If and when Dunk moves than we have a serious and rare opportunity to buy a top class striker. Gayle really could be the difference between a good season and an outstanding season.
For;
Houghton seems to be extremely likeable and I think it is often under-estimated the importance of having a personable manager.
There wouldn't be a major upheaval and he would be close to London.
We have the potential to be a premiership club.
Against;
He will be hoping for a premiership club
Brighton - Palace shennanignans - they may refuse to sell to us
Too expensive - fee and salary - Bristol City matched fee but personal terms not agreed.

My feeling is that he wouldn't sign for us even if we were interested but obviously would be ecstatic if he did.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think that should be: "I assume Reading and Comprehension aren't either of yours?" :rolleyes:

Good point, but it should actually be '...reading and comprehension aren't..' The word reading should not be capitalised unless he was referring to Reading in Berkshire. Perhaps this was a hint to Gayle's destination. This wouldn't explain the capitalisation of comprehension. Google Maps has a 'Comprehension Coppice' near Yeovil, but as Gayle wouldn't want to go up North, Reading seems more likely.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm pretty sure we took the piss out of Palace for paying £4.5m for Gayle at the time. Now we would be happy to pay even more?!

I'm sure we would have no problems forgetting previous misdemeanours, we're a fickle lot. See also Steve Coppell, Dean Hammond, Glenn Murray.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe "dump" was a poor choice of words, as I didn't mean release them, and cancel their contracts. Sell them cheap, free if necessary, just move them on. Sheff Utd were sniffing around getting COG back, and Colunga has been on loan back to Spain.
Is anyone in Spain really going to pay £15k (if that's what it is) a week? And when were Sheffield interested, before or after Adkins joined them?

It is actually.

I'm on your side here SDG. All you need to do is say 'whoops, sorry, my mistake :blush:' and this nightmare will end and be forgotten.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Gayle doesn't even score that many goals does he?!

Well if you compare goalscoring records of Gayle and Wickham he is more successful than Wickham.It really surprised me they paid £8 mill for Wickham who has never impressed me or by all accounts the Sunderland fans, who were delighted to see him go, especially at that figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here