Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There are a few rumours hitting the old Mill today that " Brightons next signing will " absolutely stun " Albion fans !
My mate sent me this earlier and my guess at the time was either Gayle or Murray. More likely Gayle now though.

All coming from the same twitter source.

No one has predicted anything that has happened so far except Zamora.

Reckon its people just guessing.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wouldn't want either. Tainted for a start but more importantly both horribly overpriced. Murray is 31 so zero resell value and bigish wages. Gayle better bet age wise but £8m?!!! Really? Ridiculous price. We could buy someone absolutely top notch from abroad for £5m who might have both a positive influence and some resell value.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The only reports I read it was £6 mill with add on's, but if your now saying Palace want.£10 mill for him, then I think they will be stuck with him IMHO.

The bid we accepted from B.City was £6m up front rising to £8m with addons. They also agreed to waive a sell-on fee of 15% for Bolasie, which would be worth £2.5m-£3m if we sold him tomorrow.

We're not actively looking to sell him, but he wants to get first team football which he won't get here. I reckon he'll go to Norwich for £10m.

Wouldn't want either. Tainted for a start but more importantly both horribly overpriced. Murray is 31 so zero resell value and bigish wages. Gayle better bet age wise but £8m?!!! Really? Ridiculous price. We could buy someone absolutely top notch from abroad for £5m who might have both a positive influence and some resell value.

Murray will be getting £25k+ per week easily. You wouldn't be able to buy a player as good as Glenn for £5m. He's a proven Premier League striker and the only reason he's available so cheap is because of his age.

I would not feel excited at all re Gale. Not a good scoring rate. We could do far better.

Absolute drivel. He's got a better goal-per-minute rate than Lukaku in the PL. There isn't a better forward in the Championship assuming Austin leaves.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
this all day......Gayle North of 5 million absolute joke. Not worth anything near that IMO.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The bid we accepted from B.City was £6m up front rising to £8m with addons. They also agreed to waive a sell-on fee of 15% for Bolasie, which would be worth £2.5m-£3m if we sold him tomorrow.

We're not actively looking to sell him, but he wants to get first team football which he won't get here. I reckon he'll go to Norwich for £10m.

Murray will be getting £25k+ per week easily. You wouldn't be able to buy a player as good as Glenn for £5m. He's a proven Premier League striker and the only reason he's available so cheap is because of his age.

Absolute drivel. He's got a better goal-per-minute rate than Lukaku in the PL. There isn't a better forward in the Championship assuming Austin leaves.

Go away with your deluded crap

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

£2.5 -£3 mill as a 15% sell on fee, makes that around selling him for £20 mill !! Chelsea have just paid Barcelona around £21 mill for Pedro, are you seriously suggesting Bolasie is in that class?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The price of a British striker this summer is mad.
Wickham 10 million
Bids for Gayle 8-10 million
This lad from Brentford for 9 million.

Madness and no value for money at all especially looking at what others have brought in from abroad at a fraction of the price

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
£2.5 -£3 mill as a 15% sell on fee, makes that around selling him for £20 mill !! Chelsea have just paid Barcelona around £21 mill for Pedro, are you seriously suggesting Bolasie is in that class?

When will people stop thinking that a players transfer fee is decided purely by how good the player he is? Pedro went for £21.2m because Chelsea triggered his buyout clause. Barcelona couldn't hold out for more than that. Raheem Sterling cost City £49m, does that make him more than twice as good as Pedro?

Obviously Bolasie isn't as good as Sterling, and he's a million miles away from Pedro. But he's arguably the most valuable player for a top half Premier League team. He's not going to come any cheaper than £15m-20m.

albionite

May 20, 2009
When will people stop thinking that a players transfer fee is decided purely by how good the player he is? Pedro went for £21.2m because Chelsea triggered his buyout clause. Barcelona couldn't hold out for more than that. Raheem Sterling cost City £49m, does that make him more than twice as good as Pedro?

Obviously Bolasie isn't as good as Sterling, and he's a million miles away from Pedro. But he's arguably the most valuable player for a top half Premier League team. He's not going to come any cheaper than £15m-20m.

Shouldn't you be getting ready to go out on a Friday night instead of being on a rivals forum boring us all with bull:shit:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

He is suggesting that yes! Don't forget though, they are the overinflated 'Selhurst pounds' which I believe are only worth 2-3 pence per pound sterling of course.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No one has predicted anything that has happened so far except Zamora.
That's not quite true is it. We heard Zamora was signing, then he didn't. Then we heard he was joining us, and to wait for the announcement that day, and it was correct. We've had more notice on players like Murphy.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I haven't bothered to read all the posts as it still seems to me to be speculation. The only two players from 'them up the road' I'd welcome would be Murray, regardless of his age, or Bolasie.
I know players are just commodities and are just doing a job but anyone else would be just wrong.
Seriously, I'd rather have Leon Best on the books than Gayle....he'd be cheaper and we hate him already which would save time thinking about it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I haven't bothered to read all the posts as it still seems to me to be speculation. The only two players from 'them up the road' I'd welcome would be Murray, regardless of his age, or Bolasie.
I know players are just commodities and are just doing a job but anyone else would be just wrong.
Seriously, I'd rather have Leon Best on the books than Gayle....he'd be cheaper and we hate him already which would save time thinking about it

Eh? Why would you be open to signing Bolasie but not say Dann or Cabaye?

Unless of course you're making the laughable suggestion that any of your players except Kayal or Dunk would get into our 25 man squad. :D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd imagine Bolasie would welcome the step up in club stature with a move to us, although I'd price him up at £4mil-£6mil and I think we'd be better off getting Marshall at that price..

albionite

May 20, 2009
Eh? Why would you be open to signing Bolasie but not say Dann or Cabaye?

Unless of course you're making the laughable suggestion that any of your players except Kayal or Dunk would get into our 25 man squad. :D
do you wa*k while reading this forum, you must get really excited when a Nigel thread pops up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here