• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I was there when Hammond scored against us and then gave the abuse to pretty much the whole of the South Stand at Withdean. I have booed him every time he's played against us since. However I will cheer him in the stripes and this is why:
1. He's acknowledged since that what he did in that match was wrong
2. He's a local lad, came through the ranks here and if not playing the game would probably be watching with us.
3. I personally didn't rate him that much when he left but in my opinion he's improved his game a lot and matured as a player.
4. In these days of twatter, etc he'll know how a significant number of supporters feel about how he behaved so it takes balls to come back to the club knowing that

Give him a decent reception and he could well be a key player for us this season.

I think that is the perfect post. Certainly how I feel this morning, if not last night. I blame Naylor for the big buildup last night though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was there when Hammond scored against us and then gave the abuse to pretty much the whole of the South Stand at Withdean. I have booed him every time he's played against us since. However I will cheer him in the stripes and this is why:
2. He's a local lad, came through the ranks here and if not playing the game would probably be watching with us.
3. I personally didn't rate him that much when he left but in my opinion he's improved his game a lot and matured as a player.
4. In these days of twatter, etc he'll know how a significant number of supporters feel about how he behaved so it takes balls to come back to the club knowing that

Give him a decent reception and he could well be a key player for us this season.

Are you me? That's exactly how I feel.

SPonthewing

Oct 23, 2005
Sarf Coast

Worth posting this again cos although there's hardly a comment positive or nagative I could disagree with on the thread Dean will know there is feeling out there and so long as the boos are a one off and he says sorry we have a diamond back from the scabs.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
As annoyed as i was and having booed him every time Saints have played us, I accept things change in the cold light of day.

Hammond was a decent player when he left us and is an even better one now. Could turn out to be an inspired signing and there have been times when I have though the type of player he is could be just what we need. I certainly won't boo and hope he does very well again for us.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can no'one see what has happened?

TB has waited since that Saints day to get one over on Hammond. He has fooled him into joining us to sit in the reserves for a year, never to play

If I had £700m I would throw away £15k a week just as the rest of us would the crumbs in a crisp packet to repay his disgraceful behaviour

I wonder how long Hammond will take to realise he's been had

Revenge is a dish best served cold as my granny would say

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is a total rewriting of history that seems to be going on. If I remember correctly, Hammond was well received by the Albion supporters that night with the majority applauding him. What he did was entirely unprovoked and unnecessary. Whether you're happy or not about him signing, let's not try and claim he's anything but a deluded, arrogant, disrespectful piece of shit.

That might have been the case at the match but he took a lot of shit during the saga that was his leaving ( and I'm not convinced that what some people claim to be the facts around it really are ).

Imagine if Barnes moved on to another Championship team and he scored against us - I'd fully understand if he did the same as Hammond !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That might have been the case at the match but he took a lot of shit during the saga that was his leaving ( and I'm not convinced that what some people claim to be the facts around it really are ).

Imagine if Barnes moved on to another Championship team and he scored against us - I'd fully understand if he did the same as Hammond !

Cox didn't do a Hammond, neither did Murray or Navs. Murray got far more stick in 90 mins than Hammond ever has from us and still didn't act like a ****.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Cox didn't do a Hammond, neither did Murray or Navs. Murray got far more stick in 90 mins than Hammond ever has from us and still didn't act like a ****.

I don't know I remember everyone going nuclear when Murray had the audacity not to wave to fans at brentford

Sensitive bunch aren't we

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't know I remember everyone going nuclear when Murray had the audacity not to wave to fans at brentford

Sensitive bunch aren't we

I'll put it even more straightforward, cox returned to withdean for the first time since he left us playing for orient and scored - no big bollocks reaction from him, Murray scored for palace against us at the Amex the first time he played against us - no big bollocks reaction. Hammond despite always getting a decent reception from Albion fans home and away every time he's played against us scores at withers and acts like a complete and utter cock.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So Murray who joined our biggest rivals but did not celebrate a goal against us is ok but Hammond who cupped his ear and paraded like an idiot in a game is not

Interesting logic.

I think people are taking this all far too seriously it is all a bit of pantomime and adds something to the games. If we had signed marlon king or lee Hughes I could understand some of the intense reaction but an ex player of ours who got a bit carried away in a game against us warrants this??

I stand by my point I think we are being a bit too precious over the whole thing

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Give him a gig cheer. He is playing for us now. I cannot believe we have idiots who will boo him. What do you think it will do to the team.
Last season we had idiots who wanted to boo Vicente.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So Murray who joined our biggest rivals but did not celebrate a goal against us is ok but Hammond who cupped his ear and paraded like an idiot in a game is not

Interesting logic.

I think people are taking this all far too seriously it is all a bit of pantomime and adds something to the games. If we had signed marlon king or lee Hughes I could understand some of the intense reaction but an ex player of ours who got a bit carried away in a game against us warrants this??

I stand by my point I think we are being a bit too precious over the whole thing

It boils down to respect. Were you at withdean when Hammond went billy big bollocks?

Guessing not as Hammond did not simply cup his ear.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It boils down to respect.

It does indeed, you think Dean Hammond owes you some respect, why?

Perhaps some fans had been giving him some abuse that you didn't hear, and that may have influenced his behaviour. We all do things in the heat of the moment (I know I have done plenty here on NSC) that on reflection, we regret later. It doesn't make the person necessarily a twat though?

If you have never done anything you regret, then apologies and I take my hat off to you, but I'm not that virtuous, and can't say that I know anyone that is.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It does indeed, you think Dean Hammond owes you some respect, why?

Perhaps some fans had been giving him some abuse that you didn't hear, and that may have influenced his behaviour. We all do things in the heat of the moment (I know I have done plenty here on NSC) that on reflection, we regret later. It doesn't make the person necessarily a twat though?

If you have never done anything you regret, then apologies and I take my hat off to you, but I'm not that virtuous, and can't say that I know anyone that is.

I always like Hammond until that celebration. Of course I've done plenty of things I regret but when I have I've never expected for it to be forgotten just by showing my face, it takes time, words and actions to get over these things. I haven't said I'll boo him, for now I'll just stay quiet when others cheer him, until such time as I decide that I accept his apology.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Undecided after that appaling behaviour at Withdewill. If it was over-exuberence in the heat of the moment then there is an opportunity to explain himself publicly, otherwise he will have to accept and deserve the bile which the people who pay his wages throw at him when he returns. I think the pole should be re-run for only people who went to that game on 1/4/10 to get a more representative indication of the depth of feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here