Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boooooooooooooooooo :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll put it even more straightforward, cox returned to withdean for the first time since he left us playing for orient and scored - no big bollocks reaction from him, Murray scored for palace against us at the Amex the first time he played against us - no big bollocks reaction. Hammond despite always getting a decent reception from Albion fans home and away every time he's played against us scores at withers and acts like a complete and utter cock.

Re-read my post - I'm suggesting it was the shit given to Hammond during the Wilkins / Knight saga but lots of fans ( many on here ) that probably gave him the "f*** you lot" attitude when he scored. I haven't suggested he got any abuse while on the pitch. BUT Barnes does and quite frankly when he moves on and if he scores against us I wouldn't blame him for a "f*** you lot" performance as well.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a pity this isn't a public poll !

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We all do things in the heat of the moment (I know I have done plenty here on NSC) that on reflection, we regret later. It doesn't make the person necessarily a twat though?

If you have never done anything you regret, then apologies and I take my hat off to you, but I'm not that virtuous, and can't say that I know anyone that is.

If he REALLY regrets what he did then he'll offer a proper apology. All the evidence suggests that he's clearly a twat.

It's a pity this isn't a public poll !

Yes it is, I'd love to see the names of every turncoat who voted no :wave:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Can't be arsed to trawl through this thread, but any talk of booing a Brighton player is disgusting.

A lot of players get slated when fans perceive them as too self-regarding, and trot out 'no player is bigger than the team'. Hammond is now part of our team and singling him out for some disgruntled abuse is beyond the pale. I want Brighton to win every game and if a player who taunted Withdean yet chose to come back, is aware of what he did and acknowledges bridges need building, is part of that, then I say bring it on big time.

We're bigger than this and frankly, anyone standing near me who boos him will get an earful of abuse right back.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This thread reminds me of a womens institute meeting for battered wives who are sticking up for their violent husbands!

"It's ok he's changed, he really has. And in any case it was my fault, the dinner was a bit cold and my head shouldn't have been in the way of his fist. When I fell down the stairs that time he was just being affectionate by patting me on the back really hard"

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I have never booed an Albion player and never will. Not happy with his celebration at Withdean but i'll get over it. Welcome back Deano.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
This thread reminds me of a womens institute meeting for battered wives who are sticking up for their violent husbands!

"It's ok he's changed, he really has. And in any case it was my fault, the dinner was a bit cold and my head shouldn't have been in the way of his fist. When I fell down the stairs that time he was just being affectionate by patting me on the back really hard"

I know I'm running the risk of being called a humourless dullard, but that is a shockingly awful analogy.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It boils down to respect. Were you at withdean when Hammond went billy big bollocks?

Guessing not as Hammond did not simply cup his ear.

Yes I was at game and was furious at the time, have I enjoyed giving him stick since, yes in a pantomime villain type of way. Is that enough to make me boo him and get all worked up no not at all. If you want to get all menstrual about a flash incident in a game fine but think most can see it for what it is and move on

It's like the daily mail on here sometimes it's football these things happen

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yes I was at game and was furious at the time, have I enjoyed giving him stick since, yes in a pantomime villain type of way. Is that enough to make me boo him and get all worked up no not at all. If you want to get all menstrual about a flash incident in a game fine but think most can see it for what it is and move on

It's like the daily mail on here sometimes it's football these things happen

Fair enough, I haven't said I will boo, I've never done that to one of our own and never will. I'm not getting menstrual about I just have my own opinion on it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Changed my mind, and no boos from me now.

He was a tosser that night, but realistically there are few in this world who arn't from time to time, myself included.

So forgive and forget. Probably will turn out to be a very good signing for us.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
no i will never boo an albion player but i'm not that excited that he has rejoin...... pretty much had to restrain hubby & brother from running on pitch and lamping him one after he's 'celebration' at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports