Will you boo Dean Hammond?

• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
In the last 6 months of DHs time at the Albion we regularly sat with DK in the hospitality huts at Withdean. He said on a number of occasions, and not just to me, to the whole table, that DH had asked for more money and a better contract offer. This escalated over the weeks to the point at which Hammonds demands would now make him by far and away the highest paid player in the club, and that the club couldn't afford to pay him that much. DKs response, as he told to us, was that he didn't consider Hammond the best player at the club, therefore was not going to become the highest paid player at the club, he also eluded to the fact that he had told Hammond this. After Hammond had left DK was clearly upset/disappointed, but he reiterated that 1) he didn't think Hammond as good enough to be the highest paid player, 2) the club could not have afforded what he was demanding, 3) Hammond would not back down on his demands at all.

I can only report as I heard, and what a number of people heard sitting at those tables. :shrug:

Which makes his move to the rich and mighty COLCHESTER UTD even funnier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Either the guy makes his peace with the fans and the club or he doesn't. If he doesn't then he's just another journeyman footballer that we'll get a year or two out of and as a team member he'll get support. Noone from Liverpool will be a bigger Albion hero than Brighton-born Hammond. That's Hammond's choice. I don't really care, I just want him to do the job he is being paid for. One thing is for certain, he won't be the highest paid player now.

D

Deleted member 2719

In the last 6 months of DHs time at the Albion we regularly sat with DK in the hospitality huts at Withdean. He said on a number of occasions, and not just to me, to the whole table, that DH had asked for more money and a better contract offer. This escalated over the weeks to the point at which Hammonds demands would now make him by far and away the highest paid player in the club, and that the club couldn't afford to pay him that much. DKs response, as he told to us, was that he didn't consider Hammond the best player at the club, therefore was not going to become the highest paid player at the club, he also eluded to the fact that he had told Hammond this. After Hammond had left DK was clearly upset/disappointed, but he reiterated that 1) he didn't think Hammond as good enough to be the highest paid player, 2) the club could not have afforded what he was demanding, 3) Hammond would not back down on his demands at all.

I can only report as I heard, and what a number of people heard sitting at those tables. :shrug:

Why would DK be discussing this detail to you ? Are you on the board or were you???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why would DK be discussing this detail to you ? Are you on the board or were you???

OK, to explain, when at Withdean we were in a small group who used the Hospitality facilities for each match. He wasn't discussing it with me, he was having a conversation about it (on more than one occassion) with those he was sitting with in the hospitality lounge, which included us on a number of occasions. none of that ' table' are board members, just very closely associated to the club on a personal and corporate level, they still have the number one table in the Amex Profile lounge (the original 1901 Platinum Lounge).

D

Deleted member 2719

OK, to explain, when at Withdean we were in a small group who used the Hospitality facilities for each match. He wasn't discussing it with me, he was having a conversation about it (on more than one occassion) with those he was sitting with in the hospitality lounge, which included us on a number of occasions. none of that ' table' are board members, just very closely associated to the club on a personal and corporate level, they still have the number one table in the Amex Profile lounge (the original 1901 Platinum Lounge).

Oh okay, it seems so unprofessional of Dick to discuss a employees wages in a open manor for all to hear.

All i am saying there are two sides (or maybe three!) to the Hammond,Wilkins V Knight debate and i don't feel Dean would have come back had Dick been in control.
Personally i am happy that he has come back to his Local League club to wear the stripes with pride again, because i feel he is a natural leader with plenty of drive to get us through to the Prem.

:smile:

I hope we all agree with that.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Still don't see why people would want to boo someone in the stripes even if he is on loan from one of our 'arch enemies' and was rude to them when we last played.
In pantomimes you boo the villain. What if he proves to be an astute signing? Will people still refuse to acknowledge his contribution?
And if fans want to give ex-players stick they shouldn't be surprised if some players have a pop back?
Certain amount of double standards here I think.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Completely untrue, and yes, I was there. Nobody booed him or gave him stick before he scored the equaliser. It was unprovoked aggression by Hammond to the fans.

I was in H Block that match and I gave him stick and booooooed him every time he was in earshot
So I for one will apologise to him for that ! Actually I won't cos that day he was a scummer but now he's a member of GUS POYET'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY I will respect him and by doing that I will be respecting Gus !!!

JUST SAYIN

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Still don't see why people would want to boo someone in the stripes even if he is on loan from one of our 'arch enemies' and was rude to them when we last played.
In pantomimes you boo the villain. What if he proves to be an astute signing? Will people still refuse to acknowledge his contribution?
And if fans want to give ex-players stick they shouldn't be surprised if some players have a pop back?
Certain amount of double standards here I think.

An anagram of "Double standards" in fact reads "North Stand Chat""

funnily enough another anagram for "North Stand Chat"[/U just happens to be Keyboard Warriors hiding behind user names Now aint that weird ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
images

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good to see this pole now exceeding 90%.. should be higher IMHO...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
In reality I don't expect any booing. But the moment he misplaces a pass or doesn't make a run and it looks like we aren't getting 100% from him, the crowd will turn in him big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here